What are some things that make you ashamed of your REGION?

Toronto, Canada

Sales Tax
smh.gif

PG County (Ft. Washington to be exact):

Everyone tryna be a hypsebeast/skateboarder (I think that's everywhere, though)
Dudes swearing they G's, even though they live in Tantallion in the million dollar homes
Dudes who listen to NOTHING but go-go. I love the stuff, but there's more music out there
People who don't make the discrepancy between being from PG and from DC. It is not the same thing
The public schools
People who claim that their hometown is PG. PG is a COUNTY, not a town. Being from Landover and being from Mitchellville are two very different things.
Stuck up girls who stay repping "Pretty Girls County". Broads are a dime a dozen here.

So I live in Scotland as some of you know.

It's a nice little country but there are a few things that bother me. Some of the people are just ridiculous - we have the highest heart disease rate inEurope just because a lot of the population have a terrible diet - fried food every day and far too much drinking and smoking.

That's bad.

But the kids are the worst at the moment - throughout the UK not just Scotland. We have this thing called Chavs.

The common definition is:

Chav also Charv/Charver are mainly derogatory slang terms in the United Kingdom for a subcultural stereotype fixatedon fashions such as imitation gold, poorly made jewellery and fake designer clothing (often Burberry), combined with elements of working class British streetfashion, such as trainers, tracksuit bottoms and polo shirts. The term appeared in mainstream dictionaries in 2005

It's just terrible - at least in the past the different youth subcultures were interesting and had some sort of style - but this bunch are just awful. Noclass at all. They can't even wear a ball cap without looking ridiculous - even more ridiculous than your oversized hat with a flat brim look. They justlook like they are going into rehab wearing someone elses hat.

My brother in law was visiting from Ohio over Christmas and couldn't believe the haircuts too - basically it's a mullet - but they've given it adifferent name.

It's just embarrassing - and these are the guys who always manage to get on TV or in the press.

Did you know that Burberry actually stopped making their trademark tartan hats - and a few other things - because of their association with chav culture?

chavsyo7.jpg

Originally Posted by kdwallace

So I live in Scotland as some of you know.

It's a nice little country but there are a few things that bother me. Some of the people are just ridiculous - we have the highest heart disease rate in Europe just because a lot of the population have a terrible diet - fried food every day and far too much drinking and smoking.

That's bad.

But the kids are the worst at the moment - throughout the UK not just Scotland. We have this thing called Chavs.

The common definition is:

Chav also Charv/Charver are mainly derogatory slang terms in the United Kingdom for a subcultural stereotype fixated on fashions such as imitation gold, poorly made jewellery and fake designer clothing (often Burberry), combined with elements of working class British street fashion, such as trainers, tracksuit bottoms and polo shirts. The term appeared in mainstream dictionaries in 2005

It's just terrible - at least in the past the different youth subcultures were interesting and had some sort of style - but this bunch are just awful. No class at all. They can't even wear a ball cap without looking ridiculous - even more ridiculous than your oversized hat with a flat brim look. They just look like they are going into rehab wearing someone elses hat.

My brother in law was visiting from Ohio over Christmas and couldn't believe the haircuts too - basically it's a mullet - but they've given it a different name.

It's just embarrassing - and these are the guys who always manage to get on TV or in the press.

Did you know that Burberry actually stopped making their trademark tartan hats - and a few other things - because of their association with chav culture?

chavsyo7.jpg

are they like those dudes from the ali g movie
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by TrillipinoTrapstar

Little Rock:

pretty much what COOLnificent said, but I'll add my input:

-Fakes and pretty much a majority of fashion that is not considered hot, but hey let dem folks do themselves.
grin.gif

-too many wannabe gangbanging bloods and crips
-the crime rate
-nothing to do in my town
-high school dropouts

we are pretty much the only state in the south that doesn't have a major artist, mainly due to a crab mentality, as everyone wants to be the first toput their state on "the map".

half of the fast food spots don't take debit/credit either, that %$@% pisses me off.

and due to the fact that most southern people season their food with pork fat, a large majority of our female population is obese.

cali broads eat sushi and jamba juice all day, hence the strong contrast.

^ yeah, basically. Ali G is a parody of that culture - and a very good one.

The other funny one is Vicky Pollard from Little Britain. Worth watching if you ever see it.

nteens12.jpg

Thats everywhere though. and what the hell did they do to you for you to be ashamed of them or whatever? Their hard working people.
Yea i know its everywhere, including my area, which means its something i can dislike. But im not ashamed of them, im ashamed of the people thatallow them to come in and work and get away with everything. And yes some of them work very hard.

I still support them.
smh.gif

isiahknicks.jpg

Even though I'm a Yankees fan there's no excuse for what happened last year.
1405507300_b0548aeed0.jpg

And fake sneakers, but I guess that is a problem everywhere.

Originally Posted by Roc Boy Jada

Even though I'm a Yankees fan there's no excuse for what happened last year.
1405507300_b0548aeed0.jpg

Real talk...
smh.gif

I'm not one to hate on the Mets, I always root for them since they're in the NL and our counterparts....so I was
smh.gif
too when they blew up at theend.

Hopefully its a Subway Series in '08, ala the year 2000.
ohwell.gif

Columbus Ohio...I'm ashamed of Bow Wow...he makes us look like $%^&

Oh yea... Girls here are either ugly, fat, or cute and pregnant... No in between...
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

So I attend school in the south (NC) where it is full of fine chicks and they love dudes who rock ACG's
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom