What are things that are cool that won't be in 5 years

I use cable and don’t see myself ever going to streaming. Personally, it’s too much hassle and coordinating with different accounts and services for me. I have Xfinity with Showtime and HBO in the crib but it’s convenient because it has an “Apps” feature on all my boxes where I can access NFLX, AMZN Prime, HBO Max, Peacock, etc. Then on my iPads and iPhone I can download apps for each of them and use it when I travel.

Definitely the path of least resistance to watching television and streaming.
I pay for my dad's cable and internet. I wanted to switch to sling or maybe youtube tv but I know he'd be calling me everyday saying he has a problem and I need to help him. I think next time he's on vacation I'll cancel the cable tv and switch to youtube tv and he'll have to learn how to use it on all the TV's in the house.

I feel like tik-tok will die off and be replaced in a few years just like how vine went extinct. Do people still use snapchat? Seemed like it was booming 2 years ago and now not so much.

sling was trash for me a few years ago for sports. There was a pretty significant delay. I used to get notification that x player had TD from fantasy app and then 30seconds later it would show on sling. Not sure if it got better.

tbh if you live with multiple ppl you might be better off doing cable as opposed to multiple streaming services

Yeah, the thing I don't like about most streaming tv services is they only allow 2-3 users logged in at a time and they might not carry the local sports channels.

Yeah, the thing I don't like about most streaming tv services is they only allow 2-3 users logged in at a time and they might not carry the local sports channels.
YouTube TV caps it at 3 simultaneous streams but has plans to offer a package to allow unlimited simultaneous streams w/ 4k streaming.

Depending on the provider, streaming is more cost effective than traditional cable. Remember those cable promo rates go away after a year or two with continuous price hikes. YouTube TV has been great and easy to use after adjusting. Haven’t had any blackouts of local sports but I do have a digital antenna in case of an internet outage in general.

Tbh 5 years is too short of a window. Vine was around 8 years ago. 10 years would be a better discussion.

I'm old and comfortable with what I'm into.

Used to always get new electronics and try whatever new social media is out there.

Now stopped caring. Still using a 15 year old Sony tv and the latest gaming system I have is a ps3. Using a crappy iphone 6 as my main phone. Use instagram to see what my friends are up to and admire random booty models. Use twitter and reddit to see what new pron content women have.

Last edited:
Yeah, a lot of Filipino cats in the Bay Area are rocking the perm fade.
I kinda understand Asians getting a perm. Asian hair has straight texture and doesn't have much volume. Kinda boring. My hair is long AF now and just lays flat with no volume, only looks good now when I tie it.

How do you figure it is "taking over?"

Maybe taking over was excessive. But it is being pushed heavily in media and there are even shapely mannequins in clothing stores now.

Just an observation, I don't really have an agenda on the matter.

Instagram has negatively changed since being bought/owned by Facebook. It's quite strict, comments become easily reported, can't follow people's likes.

I agree that Instagram sucks now but listing “can’t follow people’s likes” and “comments being easily reported” are definitely not the reasons why it sucks 🤣

Being upset about the fact that you can’t see what your girl is liking on the gram is big BETA energy.

And more than half of the comments need to be reported anyway. It’s mostly racist trash or perverts saying inappropriate things to minors.

Instagram has negatively changed since being bought/owned by Facebook. It's quite strict, comments become easily reported, can't follow people's likes. Your account can be deleted for some dumb reasons. Algorithm changed.

Things that are cool that won't be cool in 5 years....

I would think of it as things that won't be as important in 5 years. Possibly pre pandemic activities, going out to theaters, concerts, events, etc.

Marriages, hopefully reselling :lol: and bots, Television, am/fm radio, malls.
They've also made it much difficult to organically grow your page. They want you to pay for their marketing services. Was growing a side hussle page and it was growing at a rapid pace only for them to shadow ban the account.

I agree that Instagram sucks now but listing “can’t follow people’s likes” and “comments being easily reported” are definitely not the reasons why it sucks 🤣

Being upset about the fact that you can’t see what your girl is liking on the gram is big BETA energy.

And more than half of the comments need to be reported anyway. It’s mostly racist trash or perverts saying inappropriate things to minors.
:lol: nah I'm not stalking like that. I'm saying random people or the main person tryna report my comments for a difference in opinion. You say something they ain't like and you get reported :lol: tf?. Some people can't handle negative true criticism and they want the good comments. Like here, we can try having a discussion while moderators regulate, but Instagram ain't the type of place where people can deal with that. Too easy to hit the report, restrict or block button.

Maybe taking over was excessive. But it is being pushed heavily in media and there are even shapely mannequins in clothing stores now.

Just an observation, I don't really have an agenda on the matter.
I just think companies have simply stop being in denial about big boned people existing.

They realized they can make money from that key demo.

Back
Top Bottom