What are those Manager-in-training positions like at big footwear companies?

As in footlocker and finishline, I was wondering what entails some of the things i would encounter if i got a job like this and is it worth the trouble?

it's basically an assistant manager who can work overtime (unlike regular asst manager, as per company policy usually) and is just working and waiting tillanother store in the area needs a new head manager.

I applied and was offered this position at finishline a couple years ago. they told me I could expect to get my own store within 1-3 years if I perform welland there's openings. Then again I was hella overqualified.

How much can one make as a manager of one of these stores? How much time does one typically have to put in to even get to this point?

I would've probably made around 11-13$/hour and OT is where you really make money.

generally to be asst manager at a place like that you just need retail experience and to make a good impression during your interview. for head manager (yourown store) they are requiring college degrees more often now.

for reference, a head manager at footlocker/finishline is the equivalent to a department manager at sports authority, make about as much, similarresponsibilities. head manager at sports authority is much nicer money, cause those stores wreck small shoe stores money wise.

I was a MIT(manager in training) at Finishlineback in 05-06. Basically I was 2nd in line to the store manager and always being taught to run a store. I think Iwas only paid like $13 an hour, but I had like 8 hours overtime weekly and could get unlimited OT working at other stores

it can work for some folks but I got tired working the big hours while trying to finish school and coach basketball. If you've got more questions PM me

basically u just a sales associate wit more pay and a better title. at the same time tho you're learnin how to run the store and you may end up gettinovertime

Back
Top Bottom