What are u sippin on? VOL.......cheers

What are ya'll favorite attainable bourbons?

The 4 in the front are all great daily drinkers and easy to get.
20220518_191518.jpg

Y'all know my opinion on Blanton's. You get a hunny barrel, (just a really good barrel) and it's outstanding! You get just a regular barrel, and it's good but nothing to write home about. Still great value at retail imo. Ever since moving back to FL I haven't been hunting at all. My stash of Blanton's and EHT (various varieties of both) is dwindling!

Y'all know my opinion on Blanton's. You get a hunny barrel, (just a really good barrel) and it's outstanding! You get just a regular barrel, and it's good but nothing to write home about. Still great value at retail imo. Ever since moving back to FL I haven't been hunting at all. My stash of Blanton's and EHT (various varieties of both) is dwindling!

I just saw a hunny barrel recently. What is the difference between the two?

Blantons isn't bad. But here in SD, it's super over priced and hyped. Most liqour stored have it marked between 150 all the way to 300...and people buy it....

Once I got my hands on one for retail, I was disappointed.

I just saw a hunny barrel recently. What is the difference between the two?

Blantons isn't bad. But here in SD, it's super over priced and hyped. Most liqour stored have it marked between 150 all the way to 300...and people buy it....

Once I got my hands on one for retail, I was disappointed.

It's just a matter of luck. Because they're all single barrel, some barrels just come our perfect and some not as great. Honey barrel just one of those barrels that comes out delicious (generally lots of sweet syrup flavor). If I was you I would def open those new bottles. I think your chances of getting a better bottle than you previously had is good. I've probably drank 12+ over the last few years and only had one I was really disappointed with. Maybe 2-3 that were outstanding, and the rest just good/decent/sweet bottles.

I don't know where you guys are at but blatons in Cali is always hard to find at MSRP.
It's hard. I don't shame if someone pays a bit more (within reason) for a bottle, imo better than wasting time, gas and tolls hunting. My local Costco sells liquor directly inside, they get it right in the middle of each month, the early birds grab the entire box since there's no limit. I spoke with the manager of a liquor store on the side of a Costco and she told me mom and pop liquors store buy for resale.

Atlanta duty free a few years ago
PXL_20210318_234629080.jpg

Wouldn't pull at 270.

The new batch is hitting certain places.

A guy down here in SD has them but wants 450 a bottle...and sadly he got them. New batch does not have jr on the bottle.

FB_IMG_1653180223005.jpg

^ straight from the barrel is amazing. generally vary from 125-139 proof. i've never had a bad one. i generally prefer them to blanton's gold, although i did have one gold that was better than any straight from the barrel (STFB) i've had.

Washington DC for the day, first time seeing it in person. $270
PXL_20220522_003630474.jpg
Pretty sure I’ve said this before, but I randomly came across a few bottles at my local Total Wine (much, much smaller than usual stores, thought it was gonna be a Trader Joe’s before it opened) at about 10:30 AM 7 months ago when I was taking my wife to pick up mini bottles before her flight. They had the “Limit 1” sign up, still kicking myself for not having my wife buy one of the other bottles on the shelf. By the time I got back about 40 minutes later they were all gone.

Pretty sure I’ve said this before, but I randomly came across a few bottles at my local Total Wine (much, much smaller than usual stores, thought it was gonna be a Trader Joe’s before it opened) at about 10:30 AM 7 months ago when I was taking my wife to pick up mini bottles before her flight. They had the “Limit 1” sign up, still kicking myself for not having my wife buy one of the other bottles on the shelf. By the time I got back about 40 minutes later they were all gone.
Damn, Total Wine around me only release it on the big spender lottery. Wegmans released their Stagg pick a few weeks ago, all gone within an hr, to friends and regulars.

Im in Huntington Beach and Blantons pops up Somewhat regularly here. A slight markup, though, usually around $80 in most places and retail at the Costcos in the area. Right now, EHT SB and Amaranth are popping up here.

I'd go $80 for Blanton's all day considering I never see it in FL. There's an EHT SiB store pick release coming up nearby and it's $159... that's a lot for EHT SiB. Not sure I'll spring for it.

What were your favorite tours? I'm going next month. Never been before.

Think we're going to hit 2-3 around Louisville and then need to decide between Frankfort and Bardstown area.

Makers and Buffalo Trace were my favs. You have to book the earliest your possible to make sure you get the daily release. They have BT everyday, but alternate between blantons, ER, Weller, Sazerac or EH Taylor each day. Saturday was EH Taylor. They had ER today. Check their website to see the daily release at 9am. You don’t have to do the tour to shop at the gift shop, but you still gotta be there early. The line was long.

If you are downtown you can hit a lot really quick…rabbithole, angel envy, pearless, etc.

Makers and Buffalo Trace were my favs. You have to book the earliest your possible to make sure you get the daily release. They have BT everyday, but alternate between blantons, ER, Weller, Sazerac or EH Taylor each day. Saturday was EH Taylor. They had ER today. Check their website to see the daily release at 9am. You don’t have to do the tour to shop at the gift shop, but you still gotta be there early. The line was long.

If you are downtown you can hit a lot really quick…rabbithole, angel envy, pearless, etc.

Where is the daily release section of the site?

Back
Top Bottom