What are u sippin on? VOL.......cheers

2695B85A-0F22-4AA9-B142-AA0C84573B6A.jpeg

If you had it before the hype set in, its a great pour. Itll never live up to the hype behind it now...
Yep. I'd definitely grab a bottle if I catch it somewhere, but won't go running around town looking for it. Aunt and uncle have been making pretty frequent trips up to Kentucky though and always offer to stop and get some for me while they're up there.

IATT IATT now you’re talking. Bring as many Gold and SFTB home as you can.

What was price? I'll cop either at cost + shipping if you're willing to mule it or make trades. I'd do a Weller 12 for either, a Weller Full Proof for both, or a Stagg Jr. for either.

Thoughts on buffalo trace, bulleit and larceny?

Buffalo Trace is my everyday sipper. Eagle Rare is nice too, but a little harder to find. My cigar lounge bought their own barrel of Eagle Rare so, I swooped up a couple. IATT IATT , If you can bring back some SFTB or Gold, i'll gladly take one of each. Hit my inbox if youre game and we can work it out.

Home?

i am home.. won’t be stateside for a while with all of this.. but had zero clue how hard it was to get the various bottles over there

need to double check what the prices were

Guilty as charged :rofl:

My taste palate isn't quite there yet
Small splash of club soda is ok in my mind. Just don't go pouring Coca Cola or something in there.

Love my bourbon, but as of now still enjoy it a bit more with a tiny splash of water. Helps open the flavor profiles a little bit in my opinion, but definitely get the purist perspective of not wanting anything added.

Small splash of club soda is ok in my mind. Just don't go pouring Coca Cola or something in there.

Love my bourbon, but as of now still enjoy it a bit more with a tiny splash of water. Helps open the flavor profiles a little bit in my opinion, but definitely get the purist perspective of not wanting anything added.

Was sampling my brother in laws impressive stash of Blanton and Oban 14 and 18 and that is what he recommended as well. Small splash of water to open up the flavor.

Was sampling my brother in laws impressive stash of Blanton and Oban 14 and 18 and that is what he recommended as well. Small splash of water to open up the flavor.
Seen lots of renowned bartenders saying the same thing about a splash of water, but I know several people that demand tasting whisky straight with not a single thing added - especially among my friends that like scotch (which admittedly I can't quite get into yet).

I have a few cheap bourbons I actually enjoy a lot on the rocks with a splash of water and even every now and then a splash of bitters. I'll never pretend to be some sophisticated drinker, **** just tastes good to me lol

For tequila, definitely recommend ice/water being the first (and really only) diluting agent (at least for a "sipping tequila"). If that doesn't do it, try a splash of club soda, then a squirt of like 1/8th of a fresh lime. If you're needing to get down to adding the lime, you can drop down significantly in price and have a very similar taste. If you need to get as far as adding something like a margarita mix, go bottom shelf for your tequila.

Best route for any alcohol when you're talking about sipping it is starting about 2 shelves up from the ground, adding whatever you need from there and slowly working your way up to drinking it neat.

End of the day though, it's your money. If you end up liking a $500 alcohol with a splash of water...you're really just gonna end up catching **** from dudes that can't afford a $500 bottle of alcohol. Just please never spend bottle service money on a bottle of 1942.

Seen lots of renowned bartenders saying the same thing about a splash of water, but I know several people that demand tasting whisky straight with not a single thing added - especially among my friends that like scotch (which admittedly I can't quite get into yet).
Most 'whisky purists' have no problem with adding some water to their Scotch. There are some cask strength obsessed people out there that think the higher the proof the better and adding water is a sin :lol:

However you like to drink it is the best way to drink it.
When I try a new whisky I always try it neat and add a dash of water halfway to see what works best. If I really don't like it either way, I'll add some ice. Worst case, mix it with Coke.

Tequila I've only had as a shot, but I've never tried good tequila.

On vacation and tried out Basil Hayden's. Damn that was smooth. Trying to convince myself I don't need a bottle.
On vacation as well and decided to splurge at the restaurant last night. Had EH Taylor, Stagg, Elmer T Lee and Thomas Handy.

Back
Top Bottom