What are u sippin on? VOL.......cheers

Had some friends over last weekend and let them empty a few bottles off the bar cart. Picked up a handle of WSR and a bottle of Buffalo Trace earlier...BT isn’t quite fitting yet, so trying to make room right now while the fiancé is gone.

Current bottle I’m running through is Dickel Bottled In Bond. Gave my friends a few pours last weekend before getting into it tonight, and the consensus has been GOT DAMN. This stuff is absolutely amazing.

EE008C49-FC82-419A-A15B-1EEE96046F6A.jpeg
Opened eagle rare while grilling some ribeyes.

Next month I'm receiving a bonus from work and I'm looking buy myself something special. I'm looking to spend about a 1000 on one or two bottles but I'm having a hard time deciding. The bottle(s) I'm purchasing will be closed for a long time and it would be nice if they were also a good investment.

So far I got these options:
1. Tullibardine 1970 Custodians Collection. Comes with the added perk of becoming a member of the Custodians Club and I will be visiting Scotland next year, so I can get a private tour at the distillery. Downside: bottle is probably not a great investment since not many people looking for Tullibardine. Nice bottle nonetheless.
2. Highland Park 30 year old + Kentucky Owl batch 9:
Investment wise you can't go wrong with a HP 30. The Kentucky Owl might be a good investment in the long run. Both whiskies are highly rated so should be a joy to drink in some years time. I'm a Highland Park fan so owning the 30 would be nice.
3. Japanese? I'm pretty sure I would regret spending 700+ on a 18 or 21 year old Japanese bottle and not sure if it's a good investment at this point.

Any opinions are welcome!

Not familiar with scotch, but I think your KO B9 call is probably a great one. I could see that bottle go way up in value over the next few years.

Not familiar with scotch, but I think your KO B9 call is probably a great one. I could see that bottle go way up in value over the next few years.
Thanks, I wasn't sure about that one but that's virtually the only limited/premium bourbon that's available over here.

Basil Hayden is what got me into whiskey. Definitely a gateway bourbon.

hahaha great way to put it. Basil Hayden is my go to sipper right now. Found out that BH has a 10yr old as well I want to try out.
was out at a restaurant this weekend and found a place that had $10 Blanton pours. That is going to be my spot moving forward, lol.

I love WFE 4yr Rye. Hoping to find some of their purple top bourbons but they are not sold in MI and the pricing online is stupid

Next month I'm receiving a bonus from work and I'm looking buy myself something special. I'm looking to spend about a 1000 on one or two bottles but I'm having a hard time deciding. The bottle(s) I'm purchasing will be closed for a long time and it would be nice if they were also a good investment.

So far I got these options:
3. Japanese? I'm pretty sure I would regret spending 700+ on a 18 or 21 year old Japanese bottle and not sure if it's a good investment at this point.
Have you considered the Kurayoshi 25?

Have you considered the Kurayoshi 25?
Not a fan since it's not a "true" Japanese whisky. Technically it's just Scotch that's aged in
Japan. One of the Japanese options I am considering is the Hakushu 18. I could swing that one and the HP 30 if I stretch my budget a bit :lol:

Not a fan since it's not a "true" Japanese whisky. Technically it's just Scotch that's aged in
Japan. One of the Japanese options I am considering is the Hakushu 18. I could swing that one and the HP 30 if I stretch my budget a bit :lol:
Fair enough. LMK if anyone has the plug. Getting fleeced in NYC on Japanese whisky. Pay like $120 for Yamazaki 12.

Edit:
$440 (plus tax) for Hakushu 18 around my way.

The way my girl looks at me whenever I come home with moar Yamazaki and Hakushu:
giphy-downsized.gif

Last edited:
Fair enough. LMK if anyone has the plug. Getting fleeced in NYC on Japanese whisky. Pay like $120 for Yamazaki 12.

Edit:
$440 (plus tax) for Hakushu 18 around my way.

The way my girl looks at me whenever I come home with moar Yamazaki and Hakushu:
giphy-downsized.gif
:lol: my girl don't know anything about prices.

Those are pretty decent prices tho, Y12 is about 130-160 over here. H18 cheapest I can find is 460. And that's euros not dollars.
Some places are already asking 180 for Y12 and 650 for H18 smh

C’mon Pappy! :lol:
Best of luck

MWND popped up in my area today... Grabbed Act 8 Scene 3... Weather is turning so should be a great cold weather pour
Edit: Missed out on a OF BB at $130 this afternoon because I stopped at my office for a quick second before I hit the store up to browse... Guy was walking to the register with it while I walked in... Not a happy guy at all right now

Last edited:
just copped me a bottle of Grand Marnier which ill be drinking tomorrow cuz of the boxing fight... also celebrating cuz i got a new job... i know i should try to get something new but i stick to my comfort zone cuz i dont want to be stuck with something i dont like lol...
20201016_191742.jpg

MWND 8 is really good. Having one right now. If I was every able to grab a Birthday Bourbon at near MSRP best believe I'd be flipping that joint... especially the 2020, 10 year 98 proof... nah I'll take 600 please.

I’m just hoping I get one of those fine bottles at MSRP. One of the Pappy’s has been on my radar for years. The others would be fantastic, but I’m hoping this bottle will be that ultimate “**** you” bottle I can present to my groomsmen on my wedding day. If it turns out to be Blanton’s one of you can have it for cost.

Back
Top Bottom