What are you East Coast NTers going to do about the FOOT of snow dropping tomorrow?

Originally Posted by r0yalty

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

eek.gif
x
smh.gif
@ the DC Schools being open tomorrow....
eek.gif
Them boys downtown ain't playin'
smh.gif

Its Mayor Fenty.  He doesnt care about anyone's safety. 

Man, I'm good on snow until at least 2020. It don't make no sense. This stuff is gonna be sitting until March.

DC PUBLIC schools don't ever close-I feel sorry for those kids...over here in VA you know everything is shut down till at least Thursday.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by DaCitySlanga

Originally Posted by r0yalty

eek.gif
x
smh.gif
@ the DC Schools being open tomorrow....
eek.gif
Them boys downtown ain't playin'
smh.gif

Its Mayor Fenty.  He doesnt care about anyone's safety. 
It's the Fenty/Rhee collabo....both of them are !+!*$* up for sending those kids to school tomorrow...ESPECIALLY since every university and the gov't is shut down...If I was a teacher/bus driver, i'd be tight....

I wonder if they go back and change their decision???

i still have class tomorrow as of now
ohwell.gif
dont know how this is gonna work out, theres gonna be no where to park, i

dont care how much they think they cleared up the parking lots

yall should know feb is the worst month in winter....its usually when we get all the snow...at least thats how its been the last 6-7yrs i been here

5:35 p.m.: Sunday evening closings roundup
D.C. Public Schools lately have shown the most "flintiness" in theirreactions to major snowstorms, and that pattern continues as they areone of the few districts asking students to attend Monday. The schoolswill open two hours late.

Almost every other school district in the areahas announced that they will be closed Monday, with Montgomery,Fauquier and Loudoun county schools also projecting closures forTuesday. Which, by the way, is when the next snowstorm is expected to hit.
http://voices.washingtonp...-breaking-news/#schools2

Originally Posted by Retro23J

5:35 p.m.: Sunday evening closings roundup
D.C. Public Schools lately have shown the most "flintiness" in theirreactions to major snowstorms, and that pattern continues as they areone of the few districts asking students to attend Monday. The schoolswill open two hours late.

Almost every other school district in the areahas announced that they will be closed Monday, with Montgomery,Fauquier and Loudoun county schools also projecting closures forTuesday. Which, by the way, is when the next snowstorm is expected to hit.
http://voices.washingtonp...-breaking-news/#schools2

They just closed DCPS
laugh.gif

I dunno what they were thinking...Rhee and Fenty need to go

DC kids walk to school for the most part. That is why DCPS basically never closes. Unlike MD/VA schools that rely on buses.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

DC kids walk to school for the most part. That is why DCPS basically never closes. Unlike MD/VA schools that rely on buses.
You are forgetting that many of these kids take public transportation...also, the sidewalks are in terrible condition for the walkers...big snafu on the part of DCPS for even suggesting a 2 hour delay when the city is still in horrible shape. 

Another thing is they like to keep the schools open because in many cases, the food that is served are the only meals that some of these kids get...

There's pressure on the DCPS to stay open because of monetary reasons....you gotta figure that any extra (makeup) days that these kids are in school in the first part of the summer costs the school system major $...

I'm not excusing what Rhee and Fenty originally decided tho, because it was stupid.  They put their own selfish agendas ahead of safety....

I don't know why officials think things will run smoothly tomorrow. You know how bad traffic will be? Most roads are single lane, and lots of sidewalks are closed so people are walking on those roads too. The only reason it's been o.k. is that very few people have been driving this weekend. Most of the snow is still on the ground and most cars are stuck. How do people expect people to get to work and school tomorrow?

And
laugh.gif
at people thinking the 5 inches of snow on Tuesday is nothing. 2" has been enough in the past to cause problems. Just because we got ~28", doesn't mean 5" won't be bad as well. Then again it probably won't make a noticeable difference cause most of the 28" will still be on the ground.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

You are forgetting that many of these kids take public transportation...also, the sidewalks are in terrible condition for the walkers...big snafu on the part of DCPS for even suggesting a 2 hour delay when the city is still in horrible shape. 

Another thing is they like to keep the schools open because in many cases, the food that is served are the only meals that some of these kids get...

There's pressure on the DCPS to stay open because of monetary reasons....you gotta figure that any extra (makeup) days that these kids are in school in the first part of the summer costs the school system major $...

I'm not excusing what Rhee and Fenty originally decided tho, because it was stupid.  They put their own selfish agendas ahead of safety....
QFT Fenty MUST go. 

[table][tr][td]News Room via DC.GOV
February 07, 2010[table][tr][td] DC Government Opens With One-Hour Delay Monday; DC Schools Closed

Monday,February 8, DC Government will open on a one-hour delay. DC PublicSchools will be closed, and its administrative offices will open with aone-hour delay. [/td][td]
[/td][/tr][/table][/td][td]
dot.gif

[/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][/tr][/table]

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

Fenty is definately not seeing me tomorrow.  He has to realize that the majority of his employees DO NOT LIVE IN DC

smh.gif
Pittsburgh might be gettin another 4" come Tues night. Thank GOD classes are cancelled I'll be on MW2 later on after 3am EST. Holla PSN- StarCityPA

Watching the news right now. Baltimore and its surrounding areas are supposed to get another 6 to 12 inches Tues and Wednesday
sick.gif
sick.gif
smh.gif
mad.gif
indifferent.gif
WHAT THE HELL MAN

sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

Sick and tired of this snow. And when I heard we might get 5-10 inches tomorrow. I just lost it.

School's closed, can't get to work. I don't know what to do all day. There's a chance things will be closed till at least Friday or next Monday with this new storm coming (I've heard >5", 6-10", and a foot is possible).

Back
Top Bottom