What are you thoughts on talking to and asking a girl out to coffee or something on FB

Let me start off by saying I know this isnt the best way to ever ask somebody out. Its pretty much a last resort. I dont live on campus anymore and the chances of me running into said girl are a toss up. I have been seeing her more and more recently (probably luck), but unless there's a black student event theres not a given place. I guess if I hang around there for a few days I might run into her. She's been an acquaintance for 4 years or so and Im adopting a new F'it mentality. Thoughts?

I don't see anything wrong with it at all. Just go straight after it...Sometimes it's the best way.

Show some confidence. It's not a desperate move. That's childish...Let me ask this though. By acquaintance do you mean she would recognize and know who you are, or that you've just seen her in passing for that long?

Originally Posted by blakep267

Originally Posted by spacerace

honestly....reeks of desperateness.

yes, yes it does. Which is 1 thought I had about this
not really, just tell her you dont live on campus and didnt want to miss the opportunity to ask her out or something

laugh.gif
 How so?

well if you have a F it mentality, get her number over facebook and go from there

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

Show some confidence. It's not a desperate move. That's childish...Let me ask this though. By acquaintance do you mean she would recognize and know who you are, or that you've just seen her in passing for that long?

lived in same dorm freshman year (which was the black dorm) so we pretty much hung out in the same circles, see her around whenever here and there. We know each other. Recently saw her at a Sixers game etc.

only the most massively insecure people say things like this.
ive managed to date some very beautiful women (ok, just one) that i wouldve never had the chance to meat in person because of some innocent facebook messaging.
keep it classy, and you might get the assy.
now go

You're making a big deal out of nothing; it's just coffee. Tell her, don't ask her. Keep it simple. "Hey ___ how's everything? I think I saw you come out of (insert college building) but I was too far to say hi. I've been very busy as of late and haven't been on campus much this semester. We should grab a cup of coffee/lunch/dinner and catch up. Let me know when you have some free time."

you'll be friend zone immediately girls get asked out on Facebook all the time what makes you think she hasn't been asked out and won't even reply back to you and put you in the "the guys who tried to holla block list".....have some patience, and I'm sure you'll bump into her. We live in a small world. You might even find something better roaming around campus.

Originally Posted by VeintiSiete

ive managed to date some very beautiful women (ok, just one) that i wouldve never had the chance to meat in person because of some innocent facebook messaging.
keep it classy, and you might get the assy.
now go
laugh.gif

pimp.gif
 Go for it OP, but get some good conversation in first for a day or two before you ask.

Originally Posted by Alchemist IQ

you'll be friend zone immediately girls get asked out on Facebook all the time what makes you think she hasn't been asked out and won't even reply back to you and put you in the "the guys who tried to holla block list".....have some patience, and I'm sure you'll bump into her. We live in a small world. You might even find something better roaming around campus.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/48263581325/ 

Originally Posted by Regis

The more you overthink this, the less likely things will go your way.
If you aren't trolling, i'd like to know why you believe this sir.

Originally Posted by VeintiSiete

asking an acquaintance you acknowledged as barely having a connection with over a social networking site is desperate now matter how you slice it.
never said that it doesn't work.

Back
Top Bottom