What are your movie pet peeves vol. Watch the road

Hate when all sources of media use the same sound effect sounds (ie grenade pin drop from call of duty), people screaming, baby crying... etc in movies.

in movies involving space travel, it bothers me when the spaceships decelerate from warp speed using thrusters that should theoretically push them forward even faster...it's like using the gas pedal to brake

also don't like how in love stories they portray the boyfriend as a d*** to justify the girlfriend cheating on him with the main character...i mean, it's still cheating

The bad guy never wins except in the dark knight

They need to create a sick action movie where the good guy dies & the bad guy reigns till someone else rises up
These are just cliches that I've noticed.

Characters who's convos are perfectly in sync with what they're doing.

This happens a lot in Dexter.

Someone will start talking in the elevator then their convo will "naturally" end when they get out of the elevator.

When characters drive somewhere to talk to someone for like 2 min and then leave.

Like why didn't you just call him haha.

- When 2 people in a noisy nightclub interact in normal voices and hear each other perfectly.
- Fart sounds. I've never heard a realistic fart sound in any movie. :lol:
- When characters at a coffee shop or diner order a coffee and don't end up drinking it. Like, finish your coffee.
- How do people just 'walk' away from an explosion and don't even flinch?
- It could be raining bullets and the main character would not be a hit a single time and he shoots once and henchman die.
- Plane ticket/boarding pass transactions at an airport clerk desk are so quick.
- Infinite ammo

The horror movie points were spot on. lol.

Characters that are just flat out stupid, something common in horror movies. I couldn't finish watching The Descent because of how blatantly dumb and annoying the characters were.

When the hero tells someone to go hide somewhere and that person ends up making a bunch of noise or flashes a light, like the people can't see that. Example would be in that scene in The Purge. :smh:

When the protagonist has a million chances to kill the antagonist, but starts moving really slowly or somehthing.

like...there's a gun right there. if you just shot the dude, he'd be dead...but no you looked at the gun and waited 2 seconds

for the villain to look at the gun now y'all both running towards it.

oh and romantic movies, chivalry is dead b, don't expect men to be like that in real life
mean.gif

Last edited:
Blatant product placements. It always distracts me from the story. I just start thinking about other scenes of movies (and games) with product placements.

Last edited:
When things happen too conveniently. Like when a person is by themselves and about to fall off a cliff and someone just happens to come out of nowhere to grab them at the last second.

Also when a character gets done talking with someone and right after that person leaves someone else comes out of nowhere and starts talking

And when a person supposedly dies but later you find out they somehow didnt

When a character calls another character and all he says is we need to talk over the phone.

Then, he and another character are at a dinner somewhere at the same time.

How the hell did they both know to be at that specific place and at the same time?

Haha.

When they are in a high speed chase and end up side by side, I always wonder why the main character doesn't just slam on the brakes. The bad guy would shoot right past them and that would make it more possible to get away.

When they are in a high speed chase and end up side by side, I always wonder why the main character doesn't just slam on the brakes. The bad guy would shoot right past them and that would make it more possible to get away.
Those when both drivers maintain eye contact for way to long.

Indestructable vehicles.

Cars can get shot up, hit other cars, fly over curbs at highway speeds, drive into/through houses and are still somehow driveable.

Also, how Police cars just blow up in a huge fireball as soon as they crash :lol:

Last edited:
I hate when someone rings the doorbell or knocks and the door is opened almost immediately, like they were waiting behind the door for a visitor lol..

Also in driving scenes with manual cars when the character keeps shifting like there's 16 gears and ****.. Wtf

tyler perry loves making characters overly successful.

I hate that movies never show the struggle of a days work. Everyone either lounges all day or has an easy job

Females screaming in horror movies. Almost always has me rooting against them.

Characters getting shot multiple times but being able to remain composed, focused, and begin busting accurate shots of their own.

"Punching sounds" ala the Rocky movies.

Scenes taking place in the ocean when they are obviously being filmed in a pool.

Extreme car crashes that leave characters unscathed.

Sports movies where the basketball court is like 12 feet long :lol:

Sports movies where fictitious colleges and pro teams are used.

My pet peeves isn't so much with the movie itself, but the trailers for movies. Like for action movies, the trailer always show most of the action scene so when you see it, you're not too amazed by it because you already seen it 1000000 times. It's the same with comedy trailers. they show most of the good jokes in the trailer so when you actually see the joke in the movie it's not as funny anymore because you seen the trailer a whole bunch of times. And why does comedy trailers always have to have a pause right before the joke happens? AVGN pointed this out in one of his vids. skip to the 5:13 mark of the vid to see what i'm talking about. it's good to watch the whole thing though.

Characters in movies brushing their teeth and just spitting it out without rinsing their mouth.. :x
I used to always think white people didn't rinse their mouths after brushing, I figured it was just my family that did that :lol:

Also when the characters don't eat their food. Someone will have a dope *** meal in front of them, like a steak dinner at a restaurant or something and they'll just pretend to nibble on it. Then when they get up they just leave most of the food there uneaten. I always think "damn I woulda beasted that food"

Last edited:
Continuity. Like when the villain is ready to kill the main character and they cut to another scene then cut back to the villain and hero again and their in the same place. Ugh

Back
Top Bottom