What are your thoughts on Canibus?

Clearly not a very marketable rapper, never has been. Not his fault, just due to the media and the mass stupidity in the world and the world of music.
Some of his verses are completely unbelievable. I put him in my top 6 or so. He hasn't "achieved" much in the "rap game", but he doesn't really care to.

He knows he is sick, and real hip-hop heads do too.

He is probably the most�talented�lyricist ever.

In my opinion, he is way beyond 98% of the rappers ever and above the listeners. Which is why he will never get the credit he deserves.

Proof:�

At about 2:10 he spits my second favorite verse right next to Mos' on "Thieves in the Night"

Out of all 10 or 11 of his albums, he has only had good production on like 3. Rip The jacker is a brilliant album, and to me basically his opus or whatever
when it comes to him. I can see how people are put off by him, as if he reads the scientific journals then procedes to rap. I dig him though, but I
listen to a wide range of rap anyway, and at the same time won't dive in front of bullets to defend him from people who may not like him. I've heard
some amazing verses and songs from him, but I've also heard stuff from him that just sounds like a bunch of random long words pasted on a beat.
If he dropped a new album today, I'd check it out.

dope........but bad beats and not relate-able...the schemes and some of the stuff he would say would make your jaw drop..........but you had to listen with a dictionary beside you

I never got into his catalog... Him on Desperados though
smokin.gif

He's definitely an ill lyricist it's just he's a bad beat picker. His albums always have the most subpar production. I've always wished he could get in with an amazing producer for one whole album. But in saying that, his guest spots are incredible. 

Originally Posted by docfranchise

dope........but bad beats and not relate-able...the schemes and some of the stuff he would say would make your jaw drop..........but you had to listen with a dictionary beside you

Exactly.
You can't play any of his stuff on the radio.

He's nice, but a lot of people are nice.  Being nice doesn't matter though.  He has a loyal fan base so I'm sure he's good.

Originally Posted by DipsetGeneral

Originally Posted by docfranchise

Exactly.
You can't play any of his stuff on the radio.
Because that's definitely what he's going for.
Was that a serious comment?

"Been spittin' scientific rap since the 17th century began"
pimp.gif

I listen to Canibus a lot Poet Laureate II is my fav song by him, but in all fairness Canibus is too dope for his own good and most people would say that's a good thing, but in my eyes it's what held him back.

I applaud him for NEVER dumbing down his rhymes and always staying true to the underground.

Back
Top Bottom