What Artists will be looked backed on as Defining the decade

It's a pretty sad decade for music.

Honestly, Disney might be defining the decade in music.

Wayne groupies need to stop trippin'. Waybe has nothing to do with defining the decade. He's not even doing it on a MAJOR level yet. Some hot verses, sure, but he's not really defining anything.

Jay honestly will. As an artist and a businessman. T.I. will. Kanye will. JT will. Akon is definitely making a major mark on Mainstream music. 50, from 2000-2007 has already made a major mark. No matter how much you hate him. Maybe even Luda if he keeps doing his thing in music and moves onto movies. Same with Common.

Wayne is just not there yet. Until he drops some classic material, he's kind of the new Cam to me. Everyone was gassed on Cam, and the Diplomats, and Cam's funny wordlplay and slick flow. But where is Cam now? Wayne seems to be that rapper of the moment dude.
TEAM AM FAM
illphil93@aol.com/AIM illphillip
1st EDITION HALLOWEEN AF1 Sz 9.5 FOR SALE
$175 GUARANTEED DELIVERY BY OCT. 31

American Idol :smh:
smh.gif
...TEAM RAPTORS !
In Colangelo I Trust!

I agree with everything illphillip said...
For guys saying T-Pain & Wayne...do you consider all of 2000-2010? Cuz Pain just started poppin off the past year, and Wayne pretty much the same (as far as his huge popularity).
Honestly it will be Jay-Z, The Neptunes, John Mayer, Alicia Keys, Justin Timberlake, Kanye, 50, Em, T.I., and maybe a couple others.
TEAMMUSICFORUM
Where Your Opinion is Wrong
And Lauryn Hill isn't on Lil' Wayne's level.​

O issh I forgot bout Kanye he got the metrosexuals, queers, hypebeasts, and quasi homophobic dudes under his control. He might really be defining this decades music if his 4th album comes out in '09

Whats funny and sad is I wont be impressed by whoeva is defining this decade but I cant pick one person for the 90s

:smokin
smokin.gif
Team Otaku
TeamWolfShirts
"Its painful how sexy I look in this."

Quote:
Cuz Pain just started poppin off the past year, and Wayne pretty much the same (as far as his huge popularity).
ed poppin off but wayne been buzzin' like this since Dedication & Tha Carter II.

TEAM EAGLES
Andrews - Baskett - Brown - Brown - Bunkley - Cole - Considine - Curtis - Dawkins - Gaither - Gocong - Herremans​
Howard - Jackson - Kearse - McNabb - Patterson - Runyan - Sheppard - Spikes - Tapeh - Thomas - Westbrook​

Jay-Z, Usher, Justin Timberlake.

TEAMCOWBOYS
VI..XII..XXVII..XXVIII..XXX......​
"WE like some wild COWBOYS comin to get YOU at high noon"

FS: Retro Jordan 5(black and silver)sz. 10.5 $150: Black Foams 11.5,$220

G-Unit
Dipset
Kanye
Ludacris
Lil Jon
Young Jeezy
Jay-Z
Lil Wayne
T.I.
Soulja Boy - in a negative way
Usher
Akon
TEAM EAGLES
T.O. Go Sit Down​
MIAMI HEAT​
Party In the City Where The Heat Is On​

Some of yalls memory banks is so @#%$ short that it's ridiculous. :lol:
laugh.gif

Team DMV / Nuggets Fan
"Young Body, Old Soul" - The Double LP Debut. Coming Soon...
O.G. Member #1​

Funny no one mentioned Norah Jones. Her first album sold 20 million, her second album sold over a million in the first week. She's one of the biggest selling artists of the decade and probably has more Grammy's than all of our favorite artists. I'm really glad that she's successful though. It proves that plain good music can sell. She's not pretty, doesn't work with the "in" producers of the day, writes and plays most of her stuff, majored in Jazz piano in college, does vocals. She's fantastic. You can't leave her off the list in a conversation with people who just don't listen to Rap and R&B.

Jay-Z
50 Cent
John Mayer
Kanye West
Outkast
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Back
Top Bottom