What cellphone company should I go with?

Now I know there's been many threads on this but, don't really feel like searching through each of them.

I've been with T-Mobile for about 3 years already, and haven't really complained about their service, but lately people have been telling me that their smartphones have been acting up and that their service is #%!%#*. I haven't upgraded to a smartphone yet, but don't want to spend my time waiting in lines or calling that my phone is messing up. I've been wanting to try out Verizon but I know they're pretty pricey.

What company are you guys using? Can you guys list pros and cons.

I use AT&T. The service is fine and I don't have the issues that many people claim to have.
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by VietStar

I use AT&T. The service is expensive and I don't care that they're making themselves a monoply! 
tired.gif

Raising the BILL! 
grin.gif

Verizon. Best service and nation wide coverage. Been with Verizon for 5 years now. Not one complaint.

Here's a quick crack down. I've had every major carrier except Verizon. (but I know about them too, just can't speak from personal experience.)

AT&T - Not the priciest carrier, but they certainly aren't the best for the amount of money you pay. I would only justify going with them if they get the best service in your area. They're also your best bet if you want the iPhone (Verizon has it too, but cdma/gsm differences can be a pain.)

T - Mobile - They don't cap data like every other carrier (besides Sprint,) but they do slow it down after you exceed 2gb. Still, it's not bad, and if you exceed 2gbs you probably aren't using it like they intended anyways. Plans are affordable (for now,) but if you aren't cool with having to deal with AT&T's customer service and service providing in the near future, don't go with them.

Sprint - The only carrier that offers truly unlimited data, and if you use your phone as a mobile modem a lot, or just use the data a lot in general, then they are the best. They don't have the best/cutting edge phone technology as soon as the other carriers have it, but they do have a nice gallery of phones now, and it will only get better towards the future as more people switch to them. Their plans are nice, and perhaps best of all, if you invest enough time in complaining you can get your bill lowered by $10-$30 dollars EVERY month. (when I had them I'd complain all the time and never paid full price for a bill my entire time with them.)

Verizon - Overall the best coverage in America as far as phone service is concerned. However, they're one of the priciest carriers out. Their LTE speeds are pretty good, but it always depends on your area when it comes to that kind of stuff. Also, like Sprint, they are CDMA (for now.) So if you like the convenience of having a SIM card, neither Verizon or Sprint are for you.

If you use a lot of data and want it for cheap and don't need the newest phone out, get Sprint.

If you want the newer phones (outside of the iPhone,) and don't mind future uncertainty, get T-Mobile.

I currently use T-Mobile but I'm planning to switch to Sprint as soon as my contract is up.

Originally Posted by soltheman

I currently use T-Mobile but I'm planning to switch to Sprint as soon as my contract is up.

what phone are you looking at?

I need a new phone company too.
I have AT&T (reception is %$#* poor), was thinking about Verizon, but now I think I might get Sprint haha.

I really want an Android phone (iPhone is too expensive), do you guys know how to get one for the cheapest?
My friend said to like cancel some things, and get unlimited internet (I forgot what he said), because you can call/text from there.

Originally Posted by JACKEL56

Originally Posted by soltheman

what phone are you looking at?

Probably the HTC Kingdom or HTC Mazaa, depending on what reviews say. I'm also intrigued about the ZTE V55 since it's been kept under relatively tight wraps, but I'm guessing that it will be a tablet and/or value phone, neither of which I'm in the market for.

Originally Posted by heavenlee777

I need a new phone company too.
I have AT&T (reception is %$#* poor), was thinking about Verizon, but now I think I might get Sprint haha.

I really want an Android phone (iPhone is too expensive), do you guys know how to get one for the cheapest?
My friend said to like cancel some things, and get unlimited internet (I forgot what he said), because you can call/text from there.
You can always go for the cheaper phones, or get a 3G phone versus a 4G (there isn't that big of difference in speed, and I've had a MyTouch 4G for about a month and still haven't done anything I couldn't do on my Samsung Vibrant.) Typically carriers will have sales right before or at the beginning of a quarter change so they can get rid of their old stock. Back to school sales too.

You can cancel talk/text and just go for unlimited web, but you have to realize to things: 1. You will only be able to call/text when you have a connection to the network. Calling will be very inconsistent if you're on the move. Same with texting. 2. If you make a lot of calls, you run the risk of going over your monthly limit (assuming you're not on Sprint) which can cause other complications. I would say you're better off getting an unlocked GSM phone and getting Simple Mobile or something. They offer $60 unlimited everything. Data capped at 2gb, but that's not bad considering you're paying $60.

I sell all 4 carriers so I'm familiar with the phone selections on AT&T, Verizon, T-Mobile, and Sprint. Verizon has nation wide coverage and a nice selection of smartphones. 450 minutes, unlimited messaging, and data $90 before taxes and surcharges.

AT&T is nice because you can be on a call and surf the web at the same time. AT&T has 200MB of data for $15 or 2GB of data for $25. Their smartphone selection is good and they have new Blackberries coming out soon.

Sprint's $69.99 plan includes unlimited data, text messaging, 450 minutes and as advertised anytime, any mobile which allows you to call cell phones that aren't Sprint and it will not use your minutes. If you want a 4G phone on Sprint that is an extra $10. Sprint has the HTC EVO, EVO 3D, and Motorola Photon as their 3 best phones in my opinion.

T-Mobile you already have so you are familiar with but I will say I like their phone selection and the prices of their new plans.

I would double check the carrier's coverage maps in your area

Really depends on which carrier gets the best reception in your area.  You want to be able to make / receive calls or texts which is the main purpose of a phone.  I'm in NY and at&t is garbage.  Couldn't get reception in the city.  Verizon has the best coverage.

Originally Posted by QueenCitySneakerQueen

Sprint has the HTC EVO, EVO 3D, and Motorola Photon as their 3 best phones in my opinion.
No love for the Nexus S?
30t6p3b.gif

I have AT&T and I do not have the service/connection many people seem to have and and I'm on the phone all the time. :/

I average over 3000 minutes every month. Unlimited to any mobile FTW.

I'm in a similar situation. I am currently on Verizon, but I only need talk and text and am thinking about switching to T-Mobile. Good idea anyone?

Originally Posted by asianplayer

I'm in a similar situation. I am currently on Verizon, but I only need talk and text and am thinking about switching to T-Mobile. Good idea anyone?
I don't suggest you do. Tmobile is AT&T now, so service is going to be worse. Try to re work you plan with Verizon to fit your needs.

Originally Posted by QueenCitySneakerQueen

Sprint has the HTC EVO, EVO 3D, Nexus S and Motorola Photon as their 3 2 best phones in my opinion.

fixed

I will never recommend an Evo to anyone,  problem after problem
30t6p3b.gif

HEY! You should seriously check out Simple Mobile. They operate on T-Mobile frequencies. They have 4 different types of plans, $25, $40, $50, $60.

Pros:
Its exactly that amount. I have the $60 unlimited everything plan. I have no hidden fees, or don't pay taxes. $60 exact every month
You get to bring your own phone to use. Huge selection to pick from ebay
Customer service is very fast and friendly

Cons:
If you want the latest phone, you have to pay lots of $$ considering the fact you don't get any discounts

http://www.mysimplemobile.com/

most of these companies are starting to do throttling ( slowing down your speed after a certain amount of MBs of used data) and charging set prices for set amounts of data...
With sprint I have not noticed this.

Back
Top Bottom