What college football team do NYC'ers root for?

Cuse?
Their alma maters?
The Catholic team?
None?

How's it shake down there with the CFB?

YO!
Originally Posted by ERACISM

The Catholic team?

laugh.gif

DF!!!

i noticed that a lot of people in NY don't really know college football... if they do, they are just Notre Dame bandwagoners.

i'm from ACC country, and it's sad because nobody up there can talk ACC sports...
smh.gif

Originally Posted by DOWNTOWN43

i noticed that a lot of people in NY don't really know college football... if they do, they are just Notre Dame bandwagoners.

i'm from ACC country, and it's sad because nobody up there can talk ACC sports...
smh.gif

I dunno about that. Growing up in NYC, there are MAD college football heads. mostly everyone I grew up with was either a Miami, ND, Syracuse orFSU fan.

on this board, me, wiz, fresh, theone, henz, & dre are all from NYC... and thats just a small sampling off the top of my head

Meh I hate college football and the only friend I know that's from NY that likes cfb roots for Clemson. CFB is definitely not as popular as the othersports in NY unless you played football in HS.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

I dunno about that. Growing up in NYC, there are MAD college football heads. mostly everyone I grew up with was either a Miami, ND, Syracuse or FSU fan.

on this board, me, wiz, fresh, theone, henz, & dre are all from NYC... and thats just a small sampling off the top of my head
wouldn't those Miami, ND, and FSU fans have been bandwagoners though? if you talk to those same people right NOW, somehow i doubt they wouldbe as passionate about Miami, ND, or FSU football as they were in the 80s and 90s..? in contrast, when i go home to MD, i find people who have been diehardfans since they were born, and never wavered once despite the program going through many ups and downs.

i'm not saying NYers don't know CFB, but i just don't think people will be as "rah-rah" about it because NY does not have a major localprogram.
ohwell.gif

btw... Wiz, Fresh, theone, and dre may all be from NYC, but don't/didn't they all go to SCHOOL in the South (from their past posts), where collegefootball is huge and has more visibility?
nerd.gif

How would it be bandwagoning?
If your first exposed to a sport and those are the primary teams televised weekly , thats more than likely who u will be attached to or familiar with. now itsMAD easy to follow outta state teams. I dont buy the " u have to root for your local team or your a bandwagon fan" crap
the peeps I know are Die Hard fans
Just like I know a GANG of DieHard Miami Dolphin fans in NYC. thats Bandwagon?
If you in NY, and think there's not a huge college football following, hit up a sports bar on saturdays and then get back to me.

theone went to Buffalo, dre and wiz downsouth and dre been a fsu fan for i dunno how long, ask him.
and me, I been following college football my whole life.

i hear you. i'm just in NY for school, so i guess i really don't know the nuances of things there. i was just speaking based on my interactions withthe locals

I've never really been too much into college FB but actually trying to learn more about it now...when I choose a team I dunno how I'd go about itthough.

Back
Top Bottom