What Did You Want To Be When You Grew Up Vol. As Far Back As I Could Remember I Always Wanted To Be

uncalled4boy

Supporter
What Did You Want To Be As A Kid When You Grew Up? Did You Try? Succeeded? Or Shift All Together?

As Far Back As I Could Remember I Always Wanted To Be A Sports Agent. I Knew Id Grow Up And Be Jerry McGuire. I Shifted Completely, Not Even Close. :lol:

Everything except a doctor or lawyer, which were the main thing my parents were pushing for because, you know, 80s. Really and truly, I didn’t know what I could be.

Always wanted to own a record shop that gets maybe 10 customers a day... but somehow the business stays afloat. Just want to listen to records all day as I keep the shop tidy and maybe chat with some cool spaced out audiophiles. My wife would be the breadwinner, ideally a civil rights attorney or doctors without borders physician.

dbe52ac67cd414c99c8680d0706b66ed.jpg

Always wanted to own a record shop that gets maybe 10 customers a day... but somehow the business stays afloat. Just want to listen to records all day as I keep the shop tidy and maybe chat with some cool spaced out audiophiles. My wife would be the breadwinner, ideally a civil rights attorney or doctors without borders physician.

dbe52ac67cd414c99c8680d0706b66ed.jpg

Are You Still Intrested In Owning/Starting A Shop? Idk How Feasible It Is For Your To Do And Not Keep Your Day Job But It At Least Still Seems Obtainable To Own A Store.

I wAnTeD tO bE a FiReFiGhTeR

“Alrighty, that sounds like a mighty good profession. Hey you over there with the French braids. What’s your name?”

“My name is Snoop”

“Hiiii Snoop. What do you want to be when you grow up?”

“I wanna be a mother****ing hustla . Ya better ask somebody”

Funny intro on Snoop Dogg’s album. I read somewhere that it was Bow Wow who read that part, crazy.

Anyway, I wanted to be a lawyer at first. Then grew into my teens and saw that you also had to protect guilty people knowing they were guilty as they often confessed to their lawyers first. I don’t think I’d be able to defend anyone if the crime was heinous like rape or murder.

I wanted to be a musician like Miles Davis, James Brown, Jimi Hendrix, Stevie Wonder, Max Roach, Ron Carter, Prince, Aretha Franklin, Mavis Staples, Issac Hayes, D’Angelo, Maxwell, Omar Lyefook, just to name a few.

calibeebee calibeebee 17 17 Yall Have Some Childhood Trauma Yall Want To Speak To?

I Feel Like Both Of Those Answers Are Things You Say As An Adult Moving Forward In Life.

-My biological mother was addicted to heroin when she had me. She lost custody of me when I was 2, because of drugs. Don’t know who my biological father is.

-I was put in the care of her sister (my aunt) who became my legal guardian. I lived with her and her two daughters and her husband for about 4 years. They started to hate each other and aunty SPLIT and left her 2 daughters and me to run away with some biker dude.

-her 2 daughters(my cousins) both ended up running away from home before finishing high school. They were like sisters to me, but we’ve never been close since the split.

-so it was just me and my uncle who wasn’t really my uncle anymore because he got divorced from my aunt. He ended up officially adopting me but before then I felt like nobody loved me.

-moms never tried to be in my life. Drugs were always more important. She calls me about once or twice a year and I can’t reach her outside of that.

so yeah, as far back as I can remember I just wanted to be loved when I grew up. I achieved that, so my dreams came true.

Wanted to be a palientologist after watching Jurassic park ( is it that or archeologist?)

but yeah I was too stupid though

-My biological mother was addicted to heroin when she had me. She lost custody of me when I was 2, because of drugs. Don’t know who my biological father is.

-I was put in the care of her sister (my aunt) who became my legal guardian. I lived with her and her two daughters and her husband for about 4 years. They started to hate each other and aunty SPLIT and left her 2 daughters and me to run away with some biker dude.

-her 2 daughters(my cousins) both ended up running away from home before finishing high school. They were like sisters to me, but we’ve never been close since the split.

-so it was just me and my uncle who wasn’t really my uncle anymore because he got divorced from my aunt. He ended up officially adopting me but before then I felt like nobody loved me.

-moms never tried to be in my life. Drugs were always more important. She calls me about once or twice a year and I can’t reach her outside of that.

so yeah, as far back as I can remember I just wanted to be loved when I grew up. I achieved that, so my dreams came true.
Damn man, glad you made it out of that ****, I thought you were joking about the "Loved" comment.

Physician, scientist (I used to do random experiments as a kid like mixing random compounds, I thought I was Walter White), professor/teacher, politician, ninja.

3.5 out of 5 so far aint bad.

Last edited:
Wanted to be a palientologist after watching Jurassic park ( is it that or archeologist?)

but yeah I was too stupid though
Paleontologist is the dinosaur specific version of an archeologist. Similar to me, Jurassic Park was my **** back in the day.

I Don’t Even Know You But I Love You For Overcoming The Odds And Making The Best Out Of Nothing Bro.

Back
Top Bottom