What Do I Do With My Dead Xbox 360?

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Originally Posted by shoefreek23

buy a new one and switch the insides and take it rite back to the store with the broken internals,i've done that about 5 times,theres alot of good videos on youtube thatll walk you through it.
Change the insides though? Any links? I am not an electrical gadget type dude at all
laugh.gif

No you just basically switch the insides. It's not that hard, I just have to buy a new one. You're just swapping the outer part. I heard the toweltrick is a temporary fix, because it always used to work for me and now it doesn't anymore.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Originally Posted by shoefreek23

buy a new one and switch the insides and take it rite back to the store with the broken internals,i've done that about 5 times,theres alot of good videos on youtube thatll walk you through it.
Change the insides though? Any links? I am not an electrical gadget type dude at all
laugh.gif
word, i need to see this vid.

raptors29 wrote:
Originally Posted by milestailsprowe

microsoft still repairs thems. Just call

Not if your warranty has ended.
They did for me last week.

Here's my situation:
-First 360 had 3 rings last year. Sent it in and received a new one free.
-Second one had 3 rings last week
indifferent.gif
. Wanted to send it in but theysaid I'd have to pay $100 because it was out of warranty. I don't know how it was out of warranty seeing that it had been less than a year since I gotit.
-Argued with them and they said they would make an "exception." I was not going to pay when it wasn't my fault.

So try arguing with them because you may convince the representative. I was so close to converting to PS3 had they not covered the repair.

^ My EXACT reaction
roll.gif

i went thru two xboxs...Microsoft wouldnt repair it anymore so I traded teams. Best franchise move ever
pimp.gif

-buy new 360 in cash
-open very carefully
-take off your serial numbers on YOUR carefully and make sure u dont rip (back and under faceplate sticker)
-take off the serial numbers of the new 360
-swap hardrives
-put all stickers back on to make it look brand new
-put back in box and make it look like you never opened it
- return it. Just say you bought it for your gf or something and she wanted the wii
-They'll scan the box and match up serial numbers
- you should be good to go

*try to do this on the same day..it works the best

RROD of death 15 times? It's like sleeping with the same women raw after she's already burned you.............14 times
Going through multiple xbox's?

Some of these stories are unbelievable. Does your xbox need to explode and burn your house down before you realize it's a piece of junk?

Back
Top Bottom