What do yall think the future holds for JB???

IMO they can only release and re-release so many shoes...and colorways... imagine years from now they might
be coming out with re-re-re retro spacejams...theres only so much they can do... When do yall think JB will come
to an end??
ohwell.gif
Or should i say what do yall think is gonna be thedownfall?

Originally Posted by Lozano90j

IMO they can only release and re-release so many shoes...and colorways... imagine years from now they might
be coming out with re-re-re retro spacejams...theres only so much they can do... When do yall think JB will come
to an end??
ohwell.gif
Or should i say what do yall think is gonna be the downfall?

The answer to all your questions is only time will tell.

Originally Posted by kopNkicks

I dunno but every time i think i'm done.....I get sucked right back in!!!!

u gotta be strong! i feel u tho..h-ll ive moved on2 polo ralph laurens..tryin2 be on my grown man but still, JB has somewhat of a hold on me..
ohwell.gif

Jordan Brands quality is going to get killed off and no quality products produced when kickinit102's avatar drops, if you get it.=]

It's about time to invest on kobe's & lebron's... MJ is getting old. People like me who witnessed MJ play both in 80's & 90's aregetting old. So I guess, the nostalgia that arises from retros will die eventually.

I dont know man. eventually all these kids that are just following a fad will jump off leaving only us true heads. Hopefully the prices will drop when all ofthe hype falls off

I believe that Jordan brand might lose popularity like Sbs in the future. Why? Well because of the high prices and low quality. I give Jb another 10 yearsbefore their downfall, i mean they will eventually retro all our grails by then. Plus Michael Jordan and his greed for money is his own downfall. Remembernothing lasts forever, all great things must come to an end. I hate to say it but someday Jordan won't be around, so where will that take the company?

I dont know.Jordan has been around for a while.I would hope that it falls off but I doubt it.

Jordan brand will far surpass all of us. trust me, if it aint broke dont fix it, their are plenty of consumers that dont care about quality.

Dont you guys realize the decline of Jordan Brand was starting last year?
Fail after fail after fail was what Jordan Bran faced in 2009.
The only thing they did right was to release the Space Jams.

DMP 5s didnt sell too quickly, DMP 1s, and DMP 7s, have and still are sitting on shelves.
Rising Sun 12s, Flu Game 12s, White/Red 12s are still sitting on shelves.
Even the flagship signature 2009 was a complete fail.

Next year and the years ahead are looking the same, New Jordan models inspired by older models and the cycle has been continuing.
Especially skimping out on quality, change of materials, and different shades of OG colorways will keep people away.

Everyone that just got into this new fad, is coming at the end of a legacy.
The only glimpse of hope is the new Jordan 2010.
Sales arent declining, but the nostalgia is.
People who buy these True Flights, Fusions dont have a connection with the shoes, and barely even appreciate them besides being apart of an outfit.
They will continue to buy anything Jordan Brand to stay up to date on fashion and "looking cool"

It's never going to end. You guys gotta think, for every 5 of us that don't like the new products or stop buying you got 25-35 people that trueflights, FUSIONS
indifferent.gif
, etc. As long as the sales keep up and peoplesay they "got a fresh pair of J's" (even though they are some whack fusions/team jordans) the company will continue to sell more and more

I was thinking about this a couple of days ago. They still have reserved some coloways they still can retro.CHARCOAL 9'S.CAROLINA 9'S, ALL THE CITY10'S, BLUE/WHITE 12'S MID, WHITE/RED 13'S MID, PLAYOFF 13'S, ROYAL BLUE 14'S MID, CAROLINA 15'S, ALL LOW 15'S, ALL 16'S ALL17'S. I'm sure that can space this out for at least 5 more years. And gives us like 4 new colors of 16's when they retro them and so on. I can onlysee buying OG colorways, from now on. I mean I'm 25 and have enough shoes for the rest of my life. A lot deadstock. MJ doesn't play anymore, at least Isaw him play in his prime. But I just think it is a big waste of money now. All of us can be saving thousands more a year. And jordan brand doesn't care.While they make a billion dollars of shoes that cost them 5 dollars to make. Jordan used to have about 3 colorways a year and when the 10's, 11's,12's, 13's came out 5 colors max. It was special to get one pair and wear it all year. Because Nike wasn't oversaturating the market. Now you have10 colorways a month of junk. SPIZIKES, FLIGHT 45'S FUSIONS, in horrible colorways. There is nothing special to them anymore. Every kid and their grandmahas them and some never seen MJ play. It will fade out but probably not for at least 10 years more. I've had all my fun in it. I will be getting both the6's coming out, and carolina and charcoal 9's, (I actually wore both 9's back in the day.) But only OG colorways. I feel like being completelydone, but those 9's are inticing.

Originally Posted by Jimmy Blanco1983

As long as people continue to hoop, JB will be around
True & Ppl Will Continue To Buy The Shoes No Matter How much Ppl Complain

ok this is one ive thought about for years now as im sure everyone at some point has.

KopNkicks mentioned trying to stop and getting sucked back in. its sooo true!...i have only been collecting for about 7-8 years now and no matter how broke iam, or how long i "leave it" its only a matter of time before i come back and buy a couple more pairs here and there.

Now to answer the question, i dont think jordan brand is going out for a good while. and by good while i mean a loooonnnggg time. IMO.i mean think about it. ifworst comes to worst the shoes will become a "typical" brand that yes , will sell for a lot cheaper, but they wont ever die out, newer colorways thatcame out these recent years are to be retroed; for example all the 1s released this year or at least majority of them will be retroed. how can they ever runout of ideas.? its like saying, they are going to run out of ideas of new car models. not gonna happen, they will just continue to evolve and old models willkeep coming out. maybe they"ll be cheaper but for MJ the man himself's remaining life time , he will still keep making loads of money off of them.another possibility is that some other guy comes around making bigger history , creating his shoe line and take over the shoe game, who knows...

i can keep writing and writing about my opinions and all the different possible theories but i don't want to bore u guys, either way at the end of the dayno matter how many posts the thread gets like kickinit102 said ONLY TIME WILL TELL.

Back
Top Bottom