What do you all do with COOKED food that you don't want?

The neighbors brought over some lasagna and we don't want it.  I feel bad throwing it away (and I REALLY don't want to), but I'm not sure of any other options.  Most food banks have policies about the food that they accept and they don't take things that are pre-made.  If worse comes to worse, I could drive around and give the dish to someone who is homeless.  Any other suggestions?  Thanks.

yeah why don't you want it?

if it was me making the thread it would be either i didn't see them make or because i don't like eating what others make mostly because i don't know the ingredients they used

post a pic of it

I'm just weird about eating other people's food...especially if it doesn't pass the eyeball test. It's one of my hangups.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

I'm just weird about eating other people's food...especially if it doesn't pass the eyeball test. It's one of my hangups.
trash it then...if it looks weird to you it looks weird to someone else 
and why did they give it you? like did they have a party or was it random? if it was random then they probably didn't even want it either
laugh.gif

they trying to poison you and kill your fam.  toss it

Originally Posted by Joe Billionaire

trash it then...if it looks weird to you it looks weird to someone else 
and why did they give it you? like did they have a party or was it random? if it was random then they probably didn't even want it either
laugh.gif
We just had a baby and they were being nice by cooking us a dinner.  Trust me, I was appreciative....but I don't want it
laugh.gif

there are alot of homeless people that wont eat food that isnt sealed

call over someone who has the munchies?

my neighbors and i always send food to eachother... go to the gas station or something looking for a homeless and give it to them.

dude, this is ridiculous. throw that damn lasagna in the oven and eat it! it'll be great. if not, where do you stay? i'll come get it and eat the whole thing and brag to your face about how good it is. it would be one thing if it was some strange dish that you don't like or is easy to mess up. its lasagna! pasta sauce and meat sandwiched between lasagna noodles. its impossible to mess up!! EAT IT! PLEASE!

Originally Posted by DubA169

That's how you know they only want money for beer.

The other day I went to McDonalds and bought 20 McChickens just to feed the homeless people (My friend made me do it, I didn't want to).

2 in every 3 rejected the food.

Originally Posted by DubA169

Homeless people have standards?
nahhh but seriously, just eat the damn lasagna.

You can mess up a lasagna, poorly cooked noodles, bad sauce, cooked too long in the oven.

If you don't want it then offer it up to a friend who would like it? Otherwise just toss it. No one likes wasting food, but not much you can do.

Don't feel bad. Someone gave that joint to them. And honestly, if I was homeless I'd be hesitant to eat a lasagna that someone is offering me. They'd have to take a bite of it first. Everyone has seen the Wire season 5.

Back
Top Bottom