What do you bring to the table in a relationship?

I always see people on here and other places talking about women need to bring more to the table than sex.

I just want to know what you guys feel you bring to the table.

This is not a men v. women thread just the part about bringing more than sex led me to make this thread. So you ladies are free to answer also. 

I'm talking about outside the obvious like you dont' lie, cheat, or abuse you SO.

I'm talking about relationships here not just casual sex and #%#%.

You can go through the list of the regular stuff like you work go to school and have a good head on your shoulders but that doesn't necessarily mean you're great or even ready for a relationship.

This thread isn't about me but just a general question that I've always wanted to know how other people would answer.

Me personally, women always tell me how comfortable they are around me. I don't pressure them into anything they don't want to do. They are human with faults just as I am so I'm not quick to judge. I like to keep it as spontaneous as possible and keep the humor alive.

I don't press woman and they seem to like that. Most women especially younger women don't want to be crowded and a "clingy" man is never a good look. Plus I try to keep it fresh, and by that I mean dates are creative and I know when to be romantic without coming on too strong. I'm not gonna hop on here like i'm big daddy conk lol but I give respect where its due with women. If its deserved than u kno...

-I'm funny with a very likable personality
-I'm working on my third degree, a JD
-I don't sleep around
-I come from a good family and am very family orientated
-Highly intelligent with street smarts to boot
-Not cheap
-Never had a problem getting a job or being broke
-Not argumentative but not a pushover either, though I have no problem being the bigger person if necessary
-I'm cultured
-Excellent communication skills, verbal and non-verbal
-Emotionally stable
-Romantic but not mushy

Umm I could probably keep going but that's a start.

Well its only appropriate that I list some of the bad as well.

-I'm impatient
-I'm very sarcastic, sometimes to a fault
-I'm blunt, sometimes to a fault
-I can be unemotional sometimes
-I have a lot of pride
-I don't like to talk on the phone

Umm there's more of that too, I'm sure. But I do think that as far as husband material goes, I'm the pick of the litter.

guess i should list mine also

i'm very caring
im HUGE on family
i don't aruge
respectful of myself and others
communication skills are ok
i can be selfish
not crazy...you wont see me cry one minute then lash out the next
im easy going go with the flow type
ill try just about anything once
i'm VERY open to learning from others
i also come from a good family
i'm stubborn and prideful
i'm not down for the drama AT ALL
im a great listener
if you're down for me i'm down for you
i tell it like it is without being an a-hole about it...if you take it as me being mean thats on you but its never my intention to make anyone feel bad but i tell the truth
i can be lazy but i'm working on that
i handle my business
never had a problem working thanks to my dad

i'm sure theres more

Originally Posted by cgutta

Originally Posted by RavageBX

-I'm impatient
-I have a lot of pride

Umm there's more of that too, I'm sure. But I do think that as far as husband material goes, I'm the pick of the litter.
you sound eager, u piling up them decades bra
laugh.gif
Naaaah kohai, that doesn't mean I want to get married. It means every chick I've ever dealt with has tried to lock me down. Even the !%$%!#.

*Easy to talk to. Women sometimes need somebody to just LISTEN. There are times when they aren't necessarily looking for feedback, they just wanna get some stuff off their chest. I'm a good listener.
*I'm good at making women (anybody, really) laugh. Women tell me all the time I don't "try too hard", and they like that.
*I hate arguing. And if I do argue, I'm not into that whole "I need to have the last word" %#!%. That's so pointless.
*HUGE family person.
*Smart. I didn't go to college and I don't have any type of secondary education, but I'm smarter than a lot guys my age who do.
*Hard Working. I don't complain, that's life
laugh.gif

Negatives?

*Communication Skill could be better. I'm working on that, though.
*I can be selfish. But honestly, who isn't at times?
*I have a slight anger issue that I'm working on. It gets really bad. I'm not abusive or anything, though
laugh.gif

*My love for family CAN be a negative thing. I starting to realize that your significant other can, at times, come before your fam in CERTAIN situations. It took me a minute to get that.

That's all I can think of at the moment. I'm sure their are some women who would add to that negative list, though
laugh.gif

Hard D and bubblegum...

but to be honest. Im not even sure why my lady wants to be with me.

Im smart, educated, really responsible about my S!!!. besides that...the bad Ravage listed was me
ohwell.gif

Besides my skills as a plumber.....

I give my wife the support she needs to tap her full potential and be an even better person.

Originally Posted by RavageBX

-I'm impatient
-I have a lot of pride

lol... me too...

Back
Top Bottom