What do you call your Mother? by her first name?

Joined Nov 28, 2009
I find calling your parents by their first name disrespectful.
I remember when I was little I tried that and got the evil eye, never did it again

Joined Sep 28, 2005
Originally Posted by J23S

when i asked my dad why he does it he said cuz they pretty much raiesed themselves cuz his mother worked alot cuz his dad bounced...she was more of just an adult in the house than a mother...she didnt neglect them or anything to that extreme but with 4 kids they had to do alot on their own...and my dad was the oldest so he had to take over...

i asked if i could call him by his first name and he laughed and was like dont even think about it...

Joined Mar 28, 2004
Originally Posted by mytmouse76

Originally Posted by J23S

when i asked my dad why he does it he said cuz they pretty much raiesed themselves cuz his mother worked alot cuz his dad bounced...she was more of just an adult in the house than a mother...she didnt neglect them or anything to that extreme but with 4 kids they had to do alot on their own...and my dad was the oldest so he had to take over...

i asked if i could call him by his first name and he laughed and was like dont even think about it...

that's how it is with my mother, she calls her parents by their first names or grandma and grandpa
She didn't grow up with them though

Joined Aug 1, 2009
Mum, but not so much anymore.

I'll call her by her first name if she's ignoring me

I've taken to ma now though. It works.

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker or head over to our upgrade page to donate for an ad-free experience Upgrade now