What do you call your Mother? by her first name?

I find calling your parents by their first name disrespectful.
I remember when I was little I tried that and got the evil eye, never did it again
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by J23S

when i asked my dad why he does it he said cuz they pretty much raiesed themselves cuz his mother worked alot cuz his dad bounced...she was more of just an adult in the house than a mother...she didnt neglect them or anything to that extreme but with 4 kids they had to do alot on their own...and my dad was the oldest so he had to take over...

i asked if i could call him by his first name and he laughed and was like dont even think about it...

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

Originally Posted by J23S

when i asked my dad why he does it he said cuz they pretty much raiesed themselves cuz his mother worked alot cuz his dad bounced...she was more of just an adult in the house than a mother...she didnt neglect them or anything to that extreme but with 4 kids they had to do alot on their own...and my dad was the oldest so he had to take over...

i asked if i could call him by his first name and he laughed and was like dont even think about it...

that's how it is with my mother, she calls her parents by their first names or grandma and grandpa
She didn't grow up with them though

Mum, but not so much anymore.

I'll call her by her first name if she's ignoring me
laugh.gif

I've taken to ma now though. It works.

Back
Top Bottom