What do you guys think of WIND Mobile?

I'm thinking about making a switch to them since their plans are pretty cheap and they're offering the 1st month free + no activation fee + $150 credit if you sign up before March 31st. However the two problems I have with them is dropping $500 on a phone and the fact that they are a new company and ofcourse some problems will arise in their first few months/years of operation.

Anyone here make the switch yet?

if i were you, i would hold out for a lot more than that to switch...or...call up your current provider (rogers/bell/telus) and tell them you are considering switching because you are not happy with them and see what they offer you. there is a department when you call rogers called "customer retention" NOT "customer service" and basically their job is to keep their accounts satisfied and keep them as customers. it works man.

Originally Posted by Sheddy69

if i were you, i would hold out for a lot more than that to switch...or...call up your current provider (rogers/bell/telus) and tell them you are considering switching because you are not happy with them and see what they offer you. there is a department when you call rogers called "customer retention" NOT "customer service" and basically their job is to keep their accounts satisfied and keep them as customers. it works man.

Yep.

WIND doesn't have much coverage at this time = not a good idea.

to2010wind.jpg

The problem is that I'm with Fido and their phones/plans suck. I've been with them for a long time and my contract expired a few months ago. I wouldn't mind getting the BB 9700 but Fido only carry the BB 8520
indifferent.gif
. If I stick with them I'll probably get a good retention deal but I'll also lock myself up for another 2-3 years. If I switch to Rogers or something then I'll be stuck with another contract and I wont get any special rates.

Maybe the best thing to do is buy an unlocked BB 9700 and get a Fido retention plan?

Call fido as stated above and just let them know you're planning on switching. I'm sure Fido will give you a decent deal especially since your contract is expired.

If you want a blackberry 9700 then you might as well try and find one cheap from other forums (RFD or Howardforums) you definately wont be paying those ridiculous prices that Wind/Rogers/Fido is charging.

What i usually do is try and get a free phone from Rogers get a decent plan and sell the phone and look for the phone I want on those forums.

I'm on Fido too I'm probably going to buy a unlocked 9700 aswell and then just add a 500mb data plan to it compared to dropping the 500 for WIND plus the horrible service

What's your guys views on Bell? Or should i say the new and improved Bell that now has sim cards? My contract with them ends in June and I'm not sure what to do. I am planning on getting a BB Bold 9700 with data plan

Back
Top Bottom