What do you TRULY want/wanted to do, what are you doing now/most likely going to do as a career?

Alright so inspired form the other thread, I was just wondering what you guys do as a profession and if you guys truly like your profession? For me, I'vealways grown up wanting to be an Architect or a Doctor. Right now as a freshman in college, I believe I have I have eliminated my image of being an architect,but I do see myself being a doctor (Have to work my #!$ off next year if I want to follow through). So NT, what do you guys truly want to be/do and what areyou doing now?

I always wanted to be a doctor, but the chemistry classes are just a pain in the butt to me, and I am no good at it. Im currently a Computer Info systemsMajor, and I dont mind it much yet...

I've always wanted to be a navy seal or work for the DEA (on some in to deep type $*##)

I'll be a officer by the end of the year and when I finish school I will apply for the DEA

I truly wanted to be a pediatric neurosurgeon--but I am not interested in spending the rest of my life in college. At the moment, I'm a dispatcher for 911and I do love the job...I've worked as a CNA and a Youth Counselor for Boys and Girls Clubs of America. I'm going to school at the moment majoring inPre-Med, but my mind is starting to change on that too. Ugh.

Honestly, I think I've always been interested in space applications and what people would call 'rocket science', i.e. space propulsion and powersystems, or else interested in astronomy, cosmology & particle physics type.
Just coming to the end of university now, 4 years of work, will have a Masters in Aerospace Engineering. Many would say that I've done what I've hopedfor, am on the track that I wanted, but I only partially feel that way. Honestly I feel that most of my degree has either been maths, computing, aerodynamicsor systems engineering, with very little to do with the propulsion & power systems that I've been interested in. I realise that a lot of the moretechnical stuff with come with time, and that I can get a job in the area I want with my degree, but I feel that there's a whole lot of stuff I'velearnt unnecessarily, and its put me off the aerospace field a little, more towards power & transport systems.
That, plus the fact that I have no job lined up at the end of my degree, doesn't sit well with me.

I am currently a fulltime security guard and a part time college student. I want to one day be a teacher.

Originally Posted by HyphySole

I always wanted to be a doctor, but the chemistry classes are just a pain in the butt to me, and I am no good at it. Im currently a Computer Info systems Major, and I dont mind it much yet...

Kind of a grammatically incorrect response, but you get the point.
laugh.gif

Kid in 11th grade.

Want to be a music producer. I'm pretty damn good for a 16 year old too.(ALA Timbaland, Polow,etc.)

direct movies, im going to school for it this fall... i also want to produce and take photos for a living

Finishing up my 1st year of college, and have watned to be a detective or someone that deals with crime scenes (criminal justice major). Depending on the nextcouple years, I might get into "the industry" as a director or behind the scenes guy. As far as I know, both subjects are recession proof
pimp.gif
:

When I was a kid wanted to be a Marine Biologist, I'm now an IT Professional> I get paid very well but actually hate my job, a lot of it has to do withthe political environment but to make the good money you have to stay in the financial industry and no matter where you go in the financial industry politicsare similar. My advice for you kids in college is do what you love, the pay may not always be the best but the satisfaction of doing something you love can notbe measured.

I want to be a lawyer, attorney, and maybe an elected representative, but I might go into business.

Truly want to do - artist/art teacher, just because it's so chill

Most likely end up doing - a student. degrees baby

I always wanted to be part of some elite training force like SEALs, SWAT, etc...lol they just seem so bad ##@...but now I just work in a boring office haha.

Back
Top Bottom