What does it cost to open a fast food franchise? Wow at Wendy's and Panera Bread requirements

The food truck market is saturated since it's recent popularity. That just means more competition, higher permit prices, etc. 

food truck and craft beer market is going to go belly up soon and leave a bunch of places starting over

food truck and craft beer market is going to go belly up soon and leave a bunch of places starting over

Maybe the food truck market, but the craft beer market has a lot of upside if you do your due diligence when starting a brewery. Craft beer is a lot more scalable than food trucks and there's also the prospect of being bought out by larger beer companies if you gain a good amount of market share wherever you're at.

Food trucks are on wheels. If you can't find a market that isn't saturated you're ******ed. Drive somewhere new and do work. But a lot of guys who open food trucks aren't that bright to begin with. One just "exploded" here. Dude just wanted an insurance check. The food truck scene will crash though. But that's fine only 25% of them serve anything worth buying. People just think it's easy money and a low start up.

Seems like a new food truck and micro brewery pop up every day though. But i've enjoyed most, so i'm not sure about slowing down.

Food truck scene is exploding all over the country, might bust at some point but they're even setting up food truck courts now.

If I was going to open a place, I'd do my own or franchise something like a Smoothie King or Jamba Juice. Very low overhead, requires fewer employees and equipment. Literally a few blenders, a fridge for your milk or yogurt and to put your fresh produce and peanut butter and chocolate in, freezer for your crushed ice, juicer if you're doing juice, some canisters for your additives; protein, cocoa powder, sugar, etc..

There's one that just opened in the PX that makes so much they are only open 2 days a week. They also sell Panini's, again easy to make, grab 2 slices of bread and a slice of cheese and peice of ham and throw it on the sandwich maker griddle, 8$! Profit margin is ridiculous.

Last edited:
It's the guy who posts stuff and no one believes it. I'm pretty sure he was the one who said it.

i have like 5 subways within 5 miles lol. its ridic!

there was another story about subway francies on yahoo, read some of the comments. some were from franchise owners. one guy said after all said and done (rent, food, employees, etc) he was only making like 40K a year on his subway franchise, but that included him working hellllllla like almost everyday to cut one person that he had to pay. some other comments indicated to really actually be raking in that dough, you needed a few of them. I guess subway has no restrictions/boundaries on how many one can open in a radius thats why its common to see a lot. oh and it's one of the cheapest franchise to open too. I'm sure there are a lot of factors, but i hear/read more bad than good.

as for food trucks, when they were just starting out and it was only a handful, i definitely was for it! thought it was cool and fun. to find out where they would be, etc. dont even seek em out anymore. the prices they charge for the food items have become "pricey" almost to where i can go to a decent restaurant for the same if not a lil bit more where i can sit down and eat my food.

i have like 5 subways within 5 miles lol. its ridic!

there was another story about subway francies on yahoo, read some of the comments. some were from franchise owners. one guy said after all said and done (rent, food, employees, etc) he was only making like 40K a year on his subway franchise, but that included him working hellllllla like almost everyday to cut one person that he had to pay. some other comments indicated to really actually be raking in that dough, you needed a few of them. I guess subway has no restrictions/boundaries on how many one can open in a radius thats why its common to see a lot. oh and it's one of the cheapest franchise to open too. I'm sure there are a lot of factors, but i hear/read more bad than good.

as for food trucks, when they were just starting out and it was only a handful, i definitely was for it! thought it was cool and fun. to find out where they would be, etc. dont even seek em out anymore. the prices they charge for the food items have become "pricey" almost to where i can go to a decent restaurant for the same if not a lil bit more where i can sit down and eat my food.
Yeah it seems like a lot of subway franchisees get in it because of the lower startup costs compared to most alternatives

If you're in the south the best best is to flock to bojangles (In my area they produce more business than the nearby mcdonalds). around 1.6 mill in start up costs but has the best sales to investment ratio at 3:1. 

I believe it...we love bojangles down here

Wonder how biscuitville franchises do

Cook Out is the business...I can't find any information on franchising. I got a perfect location.

Back
Top Bottom