What does it take to be an artist?

man I hear a lot of dudes on here and honestly...no offense I don't feel most of you. You all sound the same, even when someone is like "check myhomeboy" I'm like "he sounds like ___" There are a few I really mess with outside of the signed dudes, not saying who but there are a coupleof you out there. Not saying I'm the best, *Shameless plug* Check my newest joint "I want to go to hell"*shameless plug* But like what does ittake to be a good artist. Love of music isn't enough n e more. when I say good artist i don't mean selling artist I mean being on the blu, wale, domken, asher roth level? What do they have. I've always wondered.

i know youll think im nuts time but i completely annihilated that beat you gave me ... i firmly believe i could be a rapper if eminem didnt exist and asherdidnt flop lol

Originally Posted by LilStarZ07

i know youll think im nuts time but i completely annihilated that beat you gave me ... i firmly believe i could be a rapper if eminem didnt exist and asher didnt flop lol

For some reason I thought you looked like that Nipsey dude like honestly I have no idea why but def didn't think you were Caucasian until just now. BTWAsher didn't flop his CD is hot, he just didn't sell well.

i have to record it with better @@#% i used my friends mic we use for ps3 lol ... but im gettin on it ... ill hit you when its done

you have to be able to command a large group of people with your music at first ,if they feel you then proceed to making more music and hopefully you get theexposure that you want. i feel like i can blow up right now if i wanted to but i just dont think im ready for all that attention and the life that comes withit.if i do go ahead and bring myself out i would be the first person to put the Big D on the map.

Originally Posted by iHateTimeDotCom

ehh... just b creative and know what works best for u...

1 main thing i see alot is dudes will hear a hot beat and rap on it... just cuz its hot... stuff has to fit u as an artist... just cuz somethin is dope dont mean its for u...

and u gotta b able to feel the $%!@ u sayin... if u dont feel it nobody else will cuz ull come off like u bored or somethin... thats y imo its easier to spit real $%!@...

QFT PEEP THE SIG

"i need a pad/ i need a pen/ i need a place to go"

Back
Top Bottom