What does TZ, ND, CL, QF , HTM and other sneaker terms(suffixes) mean?

Originally Posted by abernja

Originally Posted by Sole Investigator

Sorry to bring this back from the grave.....but you guys were asking about Air Jordan XI low i.e. and what the "IE" stands for.

Imprinted Elephant

Lol nice try.

It was revealed by Gentry that it actually stands for International Exclusive.

Tell me if what you just said makes any sense?

http://+$!%%%%%$#!%@.com/Sneakers/News/Air-Jordan-XI-Low-IE-Revealed-What-Does-the-IE-Stand-For--/

"For years, one of the great mysteries in the sneaker game was the meaning behind the "IE" in the name of the Air Jordan XI Low.  Guesses ranged from "In Elephant" to "Imprinted Elephant" to the Latin "id est," commonly used to provide an example at the end of a sentence in the English language. While none of those answers are correct, Nike has finally gone to great lengths to get us the answer that we covet.

In association with the midnight release of the Air Jordan Retro 11 Low IE, the NikeStore Twitter account revealed that the "IE" simply stands for International Exclusive. Sound the bells and whistles - we have an answer. According to NikeStore, that answer was provided by Jordan Brand International General Manager Gentry Humphrey and not even designer Tinker Hatfield knew what it meant.

Now that you know, head over to NikeStore to pick up the Air Jordan Retro 11 Low International Exclusive (which aren't, and never have been an international exclusive) today."

To Imprint: To make a mark or pattern by applying pressure.
(The pattern is elephant skin)

IE: International Exclusive which would mean a non US release, BUT has released 4 times in the USA.

Maybe I'm wrong (which is fine) but using Gentry as the only source won't do. Until further evidence is presented, Imprinted Elephant is what it shall be.

To Imprint: To make a mark or pattern by applying pressure.
(The pattern is elephant skin)

IE: International Exclusive which would mean a non US release, BUT has released 4 times in the USA.

Maybe I'm wrong (which is fine) but using Gentry as the only source won't do. Until further evidence is presented, Imprinted Elephant is what it shall be.

Until further evidence is presented, Imprinted Elephant is what it shall be.

Go ahead and keep thinking that (which is fine by me). I'd rather take evidence straight from Nike over what you presented.

Until further evidence is presented, Imprinted Elephant is what it shall be.

Go ahead and keep thinking that (which is fine by me). I'd rather take evidence straight from Nike over what you presented.

I'm sorry of this was already answered but what does ISS stand for?

thanks for this thread i always wondered about sneaker acronyms

I'm sorry of this was already answered but what does ISS stand for?

thanks for this thread i always wondered about sneaker acronyms

I worked for NIKE Basketball for several years and I don't know what the I.E stands for. 
embarassed.gif
  But I did want to point out that international means "of or pertaining to several nations", not "foreign".  Given that NIKE is based in the U.S., an international release would probably include the United States along with other countries.  If the product wasn't launching in the United States, it could logically be called a foreign exclusive.  I had never heard the imprinted elephant explanation, but it makes sense.

I worked for NIKE Basketball for several years and I don't know what the I.E stands for. 
embarassed.gif
  But I did want to point out that international means "of or pertaining to several nations", not "foreign".  Given that NIKE is based in the U.S., an international release would probably include the United States along with other countries.  If the product wasn't launching in the United States, it could logically be called a foreign exclusive.  I had never heard the imprinted elephant explanation, but it makes sense.

^ Interesting. Have seen someone saying it's Supreme Court on the other thread tho.

Well since this is back.

Does anyone know what the BG and BP stands for in PS and GS Size Jordans?

Back
Top Bottom