What full-length zoom air basketball shoes are available right now?

as the title says, what basketball shoes are available that use full-length zoom air right now? please don't list anything with heel and forefoot zoom...

off the top of my head:

air jordan alpha 1*
air jordan 2010*
zoom lebron VI perhaps at the outlets

*full-length bottom-loaded zoom unit (though i'm sure you're aware already lol). can't tell you how they feel because i've never set my feet in them before. not planning to in a while either i'm afraid.

i tried the alpha ones and they were ok, but the cut is terrible on them. they feel like boots around the ankle rather than giving a nice combo of ankle support and flexibility. i might look into a pair of 12s or just wait for the lebron 7 ps.

i wasnt really a fan of the lebron 6 and dont want to fork out 200 bucks for some foams. thanks for the input guys.

Jordan 2010s are very good. XIIs are good too, but a little boot like. Lebron VI are at many outlets and are good, but a little boot like for some. I'm really excited about the Lebron VII PS, but those are supposed to be forefoot and heel zoom, not full length.

Originally Posted by si3n4

Jordan 2010s are very good. XIIs are good too, but a little boot like. Lebron VI are at many outlets and are good, but a little boot like for some. I'm really excited about the Lebron VII PS, but those are supposed to be forefoot and heel zoom, not full length.

for $140 the lebron 7 ps better have full-length zoom. nike is getting absurd with these basketball shoe prices. it almost seems like you have to spend 120+ to get a mediocre shoe anymore. if they got off their high horse and sold at reasonable prices, they might not have trucks full of signature shoes in the outlets.

^ same goes for all the "hyper-" line of basketball shoes they're coming out with.
the hyperdunk @$110 sorely lacked in cushioning throughout the entire shoe except the heel
the hyperize @$125 is pretty much like its predecessor but lighter and a lateral liability
and now the upcoming hyperdunk 2010 WAS RUMORED to have full-length zoom but some sources now say it's only in the heel or just plain phylon!

and you know what? if the hyperdunk 2010 or the lebron 7 ps came out with no zoom air whatsoever, people would still buy them. that's what gets me sometimes.
nike is just going to give people the bare minimum now while charging them top dollar and call it lightweight or something.

what i've noticed for a while now is that all nike is doing is recycling stuff they've used in past shoes, and throwing icy soles on anything they can. personally, i can care less for icy soles because eventually they will turn slick, yellow, and/or come off in chunks because it's a softer rubber compound.

and what i don't get is why non-US countries get XDR basketball shoes. it's like nike doesn't think we have any outdoor courts or something.

/rant

Originally Posted by mt3130

i wasnt really a fan of the lebron 6 and dont want to fork out 200 bucks for some foams..

it almost seems like you have to spend 120+ to get a mediocre shoe anymore.

Originally Posted by offbad

zoom BB3

Exactly. Full length Zoom is becoming less and less coomon on anything but their most epensive shoes.
Take the BB series for instance. Simple uncluttered design, full length zoom, no gimmicks they can overcharge for... and the BB line is apparently dead.
The BB3 didn't get a proper release, and the rumor is that there won't be a BB4 full stop.

BB3s are at outlets now,

and
smh.gif
to no BB4 if true.

LBJ VII PS seems to have zoom + carbon fibre shank-- i miss CF shank the most on the "higher end" performance shoes these days.

i got a pair of new balance from a rep and i exchanged them at foot locker for a pair of CP3.IIIs. So far I gotta say I love them. they are really cushy feeling and easy on the muscles and joints. the shoe was designed so that there was minimal creasing while playing. the traction was on point and the shoe boasts a great balance of ankle support and flexibility.

jordan might be onto something with the cushioning setup in these...

IIRC, the cushioning in these is phylon derived, rather than Air. I'd be interested to see how they hold up in the long run.

The reason that you don't see full length zoom anymore is because Nike IS trying to make the shoes better. That's the reasoning behind heel and forefoot zoom in certain places where the foot needs the responsiveness the most. I think we've all fooled ourselves into thinking we need that full length bag when it's just a tad OD. I've loved by full length shoes, but after the way the ZK5 has performed for me with that cushioning setup, I don't even think it's needed all the way down the foot.

Don't act like Nike is just trying to deprive us of something because it isn't there. There's a purpose behind everything the swoosh does.

i got a pair of new balance from a rep and i exchanged them at foot locker for a pair of CP3.IIIs. So far I gotta say I love them. they are really cushy feeling and easy on the muscles and joints. the shoe was designed so that there was minimal creasing while playing. the traction was on point and the shoe boasts a great balance of ankle support and flexibility.

The CP3.III's contain CMP (Compression Molded Phylon) in the heel and Cushlon foam in the forefoot.  

Originally Posted by Sole Investigator

The CP3.III's contain CMP (Compression Molded Phylon) in the heel and Cushlon foam in the forefoot.  
mg8527.th.jpg

Alphas zoom air is nice, but cuts too high and what not. Went to finishline and dude there told me the air under alphas wasn't air but indeed was just for show, as well as carbon fiber on 12s. Only for show really? Step ya game up. Overall though the rest of the alpha besides zoom air is shy of great..but a good try.

^ i have the pic. it's actually a pic my friend took with me when i went to try on the cp3.iii at ntny.

im still happy with the cp3s. i kinda want to get some lebron 7 ps to compare the two. i like that the heel on the cp3 is extremely soft and just absorbs any impact you put on it and the forefoot is responsive without being too soft as zoom tends to be.

Back
Top Bottom