What going on in Mexico? Vol. Narcocorridos

So yesterday I'm reading Vibe (the issue with TI on the cover) and I come to an article about mexican musicians being gunned down by drug cartel members. I'm like @*%? I had no idea this stuff was going on. Anyone care to shine some more light on the situation? I hear there are a few vids on youtube onthe matter. Some really @+$!$# up stuff.

Its true, i remember one story was here on NT about a famous musician being gunned down right after the concert while him and his crew were in the van. Theysprayed the whole van up in public, people say that while he was performing he was basically taunting them so... idk.

It has been going on for a couple years......

it peeked like 6 months ago

but Im no expert

New President came, He decided to finally fight corruption, backlash, cartels feeling the pressure + are thirsty and now fighting amongst themselves and thegovernment.

Originally Posted by Elocin023

The pics they had in that article were graphic.
sick.gif
didn't know they could show stuff like that
tired.gif

pics?

Vibe right? I saw a few mags with Eminem on the cover at the store... I think one was XL, what was the other? Anyone know?

Then Tahiry is on this month's issue of King Magazine
pimp.gif

I have pictures of the aftermath of when Valentin Elizalde was gun down by some Mexican cartels, i don't think i am allowed to post the pictures here ,soOP if your interested pm me.

I want a pm... I want to see whats so bad about it. ppl are murdered everyday wats so special about these?

Originally Posted by hassan16

I want a pm... I want to see whats so bad about it. ppl are murdered everyday wats so special about these?

They aren't too graphic, The point is that these guys are no joke, It doesn't matter if your a celebrity or if your a normal person they'll takeyour life. Like this guy they took his life for making a corrido about them or something like that.

Why are cartels targeting innocent bystanders now? I thought it was a war amongst them. Why bring innocent lives into the mix?

What's the chance they'll bring that BS into the states? I know of the Texas borderline, and I hope that's where it stops.

Been goin on for a bit. Mostly over singin a little too much about reality wherein there's people and actual scenes being sung about that could potentiallyincriminate people or certain singers taking sides with cartels depending on the region of Mexico they're from

Pura Sinaloa!

Originally Posted by weedsfamily

Guess no Cancun this summer
frown.gif

Don't even think about going to Mexico lol, if they find out your from the other side (United States etc.) They'll kidnap you and ask your family formillions of dollars to free you, im telling you its crazy over there, I never tought i would see the day mexico would turn like this.

did anyone look up the song on youtube mentioned in the article, i don't know why, but the article had me shook to watch it, like someone was gonna comefor me if I did
laugh.gif

I think there was a segment about Narcorridos one of the evening news programs a few years back. I'm trying to find the info now.

laugh.gif
@ the part in the article where the guy had them perform the same songover and over

Its true, i remember one story was here on NT about a famous musician being gunned down right after the concert while him and his crew were in the van. They sprayed the whole van up in public, people say that while he was performing he was basically taunting them so... idk.
Your referring to Valentin Elizalde he basically showed the faces of the leaders of a drug cartel names Las Zetas and wrote a song basicallysaying that he is in no way afraid of them and their all a bunch of #%##@!*.

Taken from Wikipedia:
His death is said to be related to Los Zetas, a mercenary force employed by the Gulf Cartel. [sup][3][/sup]

Elizalde, his manager (and best friend) Mario Mendoza Grajeda, and driver Reynaldo Ballesteros were all gunned down in an ambush after a concert in the border city of Reynosa, across the border from McAllen, Texas in an apparent gangland style hit on Saturday, November 25. Tano, his cousin, was also shot several times in the arm.

The 27-year-old Valentin Elizalde was killed about 20 minutes after performing.

According to media reports, two vehicles chased Elizalde's black 2007 Chevrolet Suburban as he left the concert and opened fire with automatic weapons as dozens of witnesses looked on. As many as 70 bullet casings were found scattered on the street around Elizalde's car. According to media reports, Elizalde was hit a total of 28 times.

After his death, controversy ensued as his autopsy was videotaped and posted on video streaming sites. Two men were subsequently jailed for violation of human rights against Elizalde.

Originally Posted by SIRIUS LEE HANDSOME

Been goin on for a bit. Mostly over singin a little too much about reality wherein there's people and actual scenes being sung about that could potentially incriminate people or certain singers taking sides with cartels depending on the region of Mexico they're from

Pura Sinaloa!
Go to 1:06... is it me or does that guy look exactly like the cartel in Fast and Furious???

Originally Posted by ServeChilled81

did anyone look up the song on youtube mentioned in the article, i don't know why, but the article had me shook to watch it, like someone was gonna come for me if I did
laugh.gif

I think there was a segment about Narcorridos one of the evening news programs a few years back. I'm trying to find the info now.
The song is called Para mis Enemigos (For my enemies)

Back
Top Bottom