WHAT HAPPEND BETWEEN FLOYD MAYWEATHER AND HIS DAD??

Do they not like each other/get along?? is there a reason why his dad doesnt train him??...someone give me the lowdown on this situation

Originally Posted by GUILLERMO GUTIEREZ

wouldnt u be mad if u looked like your ugly @%+ father?

laugh.gif
roll.gif

Roger won a world title, Floyd Sr. didn't. Easy choice.

After he fired his dad as trainer/manager it went all downhill from there.

rift started in when Floyd Sr. went to jail on drug charges in 1993, 3 years before he turned pro. Floyd Sr. came back to train him in 98 and was his manger aswell. In 2000 Jr fired pops as his manager and hired James Prince. It all went REALLY down hill from there, with Jr. canning Sr. as his trainer one fightlater. Sr.'s jail stint screwed up the chemistry they had as trainer & fighter, and JR. didn't like the pressure Sr. put on him to be perfect inevery aspect, which is why he went back to rodger.

I thought they was cool for a little bit before the de la Hoya vs. Jr. fight...? What happened from there?

And bless the soul who uploads that interview Mayweather Sr. did right after the Hoya/Jr. fight...it had me and my dudes DYING.

^^^Sr's ego got in the way. Jr said he was gonna stay loyal to Roger as his trainer because of all they accomplished and the chemistry they had, and Floydcouldn't handle that his son was choosing someone else as his trainer. Floyd then bounced.

Originally Posted by iLLoQuent aka DSK

^So it's back to how it was before...on non-speaking terms?

And
smh.gif
@ Pops...he should have accepted it.
As far as i know. They're definitely not speaking regularly, at the very least.

Back
Top Bottom