What happened to Macaroni Grill ?!

What happened to this place? I remember them being a somewhat decent and popular chain...

Ended up there over the weekend with my Father and Brother for his birthday and this place was EMPTY...there was one other table in the entire place.

no real issue with the food and service, but it felt eerie being the only people in there...

did these type of restaurants die off ? 

What happened to this place? I remember them being a somewhat decent and popular chain...

Ended up there over the weekend with my Father and Brother for his birthday and this place was EMPTY...there was one other table in the entire place.

no real issue with the food and service, but it felt eerie being the only people in there...

Outside of big cities, chain restaurants are king. I remember I was visiting some friends, and I saw a line wrapped around the block for Uncle Julio's :lol:

OP - why did you pick Macaroni Grill of all places?

*FWIW, I have no issue w/ chains....just some are better than others.

i actually never been to one an i go out to eat often, one by me closed down

i believe it turned into some jewelry gallery, and this was in a very busy part of CT

Last edited:
Applebees >>>>>

No other chain worthy of my no tip.

My local Applebees was mad funny when I was growing up. It was like a last resort if we didn't want to go to the city to get tanked. Slowly for whatever reason, they started to catch on that people like to go eating there before even going clubbing. So they started playing music mad loud and even started serving jello shots as well. There would always be a huge wait to go there each Friday and Saturday.

Never had a problem with their food, but never been back to one since 2009 or 2010. I just assume they aren't the top of line family dine-out spot (or never was). Do they even advertise? If a family wants something cheap, they'll go to Friday's or Applebee's. If they want something a little better, they'll go to PF Changes or Cheesecake Factory.

Bruh they fell the **** OFF
Went there about a year ago
And maaaaaan was so disappointed
Food was trash
Service was trash
Just disappointed all around
Used to be my fav spot too
Liked drawing on the paper they put on the table

Last edited:
Also I went to Olive Garden on Friday
And :smh:
Like I always enjoyed the good somewhat
They got rid of the seafood Alfredo :smh:
Plus they have this cheap old off brand tablet thing u order with and use to get drinks and pay
Basically makes the waiter useless
I might as well got up and went to get my own plate from the chef
Won't be going back :smh:

I remember Mens Health Magazine years and years back had a handful of their dishes as some of the worst dishes to eat as far as salt/fat/calories at a restaurant.

If it was a 20 worst list they had like 5 of them lol

applebees is damn near the restaurant from Waiting.

only thing they ever had that was legit was the apple crumble dessert and the frozen strawberry lemonade. both of which are gone.

The food and service at the Macaroni Grill by my place rapidly went down hill over the past few years as well.

Bruh they fell the **** OFF
Went there about a year ago
And maaaaaan was so disappointed
Food was trash
Service was trash
Just disappointed all around
Used to be my fav spot too
Liked drawing on the paper they put on the table

Also I went to Olive Garden on Friday
And :smh:
Like I always enjoyed the good somewhat
They got rid of the seafood Alfredo :smh:
Plus they have this cheap old off brand tablet thing u order with and use to get drinks and pay
Basically makes the waiter useless
I might as well got up and went to get my own plate from the chef
Won't be going back :smh:
Statements do not hold up in a court of tipping

Never heard or seen a Macaroni Grill :nerd:
All of this

Back
Top Bottom