What happened to Signature Jordan colorways???

Maybe there's no solid answer to this question but, what the heck happened to the hot jordan colorways. white/sport blue/black, always room for BREDS, and why no infrared??? now we got grey/uni. blue XXI's, gray/zest XI IE's, white/linen X's, burgandy V's. @#%$?!?!? Does anyone have any idea why so? Market expansion maybe? Although I don't see what could sell better than the OG colorways. as for team jordans, who cares what they do wit the colors? their TEAM Jordans!!!
I like to consider myself a $0l3 cOll3cToR!!!

What's your question?

We've had OG colorways... We've had Sport royal and infrared...

University blue is an OG colorway...

Bottom like is, everything with a JUMPMAN sells out eventually, why not capitalize on as many colorways as possible.

As far as team J's go, They sell very well too.

If I missed the point of your question, It was probably your questions fault.
This thread is stupid

Need Videogames?

honestly, its not a bad business decision for JB to release @#%$ like burgandy and olive. while the die hard heads hate it, most people think you can only have so many pairs of black/red kicks.
THE WORLD IS YOURS​

Seems like Jordan picks a series or palette or colors to use each season or quarter and sticks with it. You've had your maize era, argon, flint grey, french blue, varsity red, carolina, zest, cool grey, seems to be whatever Gentry picks out of a hat or marketing company's report as being "the hip-hop culture's preference." Looking back they have released OG colors, Fire Red always makes an appearance, I am still surprised we got 1/2 the original set of 4s and 3/4s of the 5s, and just like your sig. says Jordan Brand is now targeting primarily "sole collectors," whatevers hot, flashy, and yells "hey look at this atrocity that is my sneaker." Kids need everything to match their fitteds and throwbacks. Just my two cents

well, imo, those funny colors are for shoes newb. i mean, for people who dont really care about shoes as long as they are jordans.
im glad its been released that way, cos the collector who has the OG colorway has more value in their collection.

also, i agree if those are only for marketing expansion. as time goes by, i think kids love funny colorways.
Indohan

thanks, EVERYONE WHO HELPED answer the question. and to forever23, y try to answer if you didn't understand tha question? SO FOR YOU SLOW NT MEMBERS OUT THERE. I was sayin', y can't JB do like wht/blue/black IV as opposed to wht/green. Of course, they're gonna incorporate inspirational colors like uni. blue into their shoes, but does gray suede have to overpower it?!?!?<<<(AJ XXI) and to AIRGOLDEN2123, thanx, u rilly juss cinvinced me to change my sig. Didn't realize how bad it read. I mean I like some of the new colorways, but i'm not a big fan of the majority of them.

^^ Bro everybody is not an english major people make mistakes. They need to go back to releasing OG colorways mixed in with the retro+ not the opposite. :D
happy.gif

Duval County
RIP SSG Jeffery Walker
RIP Charles A. Smith
RIP SPC James Lee Adair

^^^Thanx. And might I add, i hate the color BURGANDY, the color BURGANDY pisses me tha f off, the BURGANDY Air Jordan Retro V's are terrible and will never be a part of my "LS", and I don't give a hoot how you spell BURGANDY!!! BURGANDY BURGANDY BURGANDY BURGANDY BURGANDY BURGANDY BURGANDY BURGANDY BURGANDY BURGANDY BURGANDY BURGANDY BURGANDY BURGANDY BURGANDY BURGANDY BURGANDY BURGANDY BURGANDY BURGANDY BURGANDY BURGANDY BURGANDY BURGANDY BURGANDY BURGANDY BURGANDY BURGANDY................ and I had no problem wasting my time to make you feel stoopid<<<< and I know that's spelled wrong Professor English Major!!!.... (and now to leave you with my emotional progression throughout this flame) :stoneface:
indifferent.gif
... :smile:
smile.gif
.... :D
happy.gif
..... :lol:
laugh.gif
...... :rofl:
roll.gif

So you're saying you don't like cool grey 3s, cool grey 4's, burgundy v's, olive v's, flint grey 7's, or flint* grey 11's? Those are not OG colorways, but still fire nonetheless. Don't get me wrong, I am an old school guy, but if the colors are appealing why wouldn't you buy it? Just because you hate the color doesn't mean everyone else should as well. Some of those colors are just plain clean and you're not a sneakerhead if it's always about 1 way to do something. A collection is meant to have variety and that is exactly what Jordan Brand is helping to do.

^^ Cool grey III's and XI's are decent but I wouldnt buy/wear them. The others you mentioned are crap. 90% of my shoes are Black/Red. I try not to wear white shoes, but thats just me.

I dont agree with that comment either ^^^ I have a lot value in my shoes, but I dont mind what OG's get released.

I for one tire of the OD on Bulls colorways. I never was a Bulls fans and I respected and admired MJ as the GOAT but was never a fan of his in that sense. With that being said, I didnt wear jays as a kid and started buying them as a status symbol as a freshman in high school. I developed a love for the shoe and the history behind it, and learned a lot about MJ's career as well...if a color drops that I dont like or if its a Bulls color and I know another color is coming, I might just pass. If I like the model and dont mind a Bulls color, I'll cop. I like variety as well, but miss me with 45 pair of blk/red, white/red, red/blk/white Jordans thats a waste of money and a plain wardrobe IMO. In my collection cool greys, sport royals, graphites, and french blues are more important than your everyday blacc/varsity red/white...
I never sleep...so I'm living my dreams...

WE HAVE NO LS IN NEBRASKA!!!

F/S/T DS OLNL 10.5, Retro Concords 10.5 , and Cardinal VII 11.5

Naw "whoseyourMOMMA27", maybe u didn't read my first response to the first knucklehead, I said that I like a FEW of the new c-ways. NOT ALL of them, and my title strictly questions "WHAT HAPPENED TO SIGNATURE JORDAN COLORWAYS???" not "DON'T INVEST IN SHOES B/C THIER NOT OG COLORWAYS" and no i don't like cg III's or IV's, don't like BURGANDY's, olive's r ok but i wouldn't pay for em, nor am I gaw-gaw over flint XI's (but I got love for em cuz XI's r my fave j), and i got flint VII's. And your reference about not bein' a sneakerhead if your one-sided.....................WHA?????? who said i only wanted this color of this jordan. it's more-so about ruining a classic rather than improving it or bringing it back. Can I ask a general question to all of NT???? Who'd rather see JB give you blk/red/purple VII's rather than easters??? who'd rather blk/whit/red XXI's before gray/uni. blue??? who'd rather see blk/red IV's before cool grays??? (catchin' tha drift now???) what happened to the colors??? did anybody see the Jordan Motorsport IV's??? who would like to see those as a GR??? There's more uniform colors that people would rather invest in than argon blue XI IE's.<<<(just an example of a JB catastrophe)

I thought the whole idea of doing something different to retro OG coloways ie No NIKE AIR etc. Would maintain the value of the OG's of the past. So I do not understand what you guys are talking about. :D
happy.gif

Duval County
RIP SSG Jeffery Walker
RIP Charles A. Smith
RIP SPC James Lee Adair

^^^ see i appreciate the way you responded. w/o trying to make me sound like an idiot. yeah, i can understand that, that's y I questioned market expansion but you see less and less of this OG c-way fire. It's seems like it's starting to be erased. But wut i wuz really gettin at wuz, y is JB doing atrocious color combination wen they could put something better out to the public. i mean for the quality we're paying for now, you could at least not give em a sight for sore eyes. ie give us better colors.

RetroJTino,
if you can't handle criticism don't ask a question like this. people are "knuckleheads" if they don't agree with your opinion?

^^^^ aight lemme bring it down some. whoseyourdaddy27, i'm not saying you all shouldn't like the new colorways, i wanted rather a more solid response than people questioning my personal interest. so imma leave the argument on this note, market expansion, simple as that. i appreciate you allz help in trying to come to a conclusion with me, as well as those who tried to make me look stupid, it really frustrated me and helped me realize that I may need anger management in the future. :lol:
laugh.gif
just kiddin'.

Quote:
Can I ask a general question to all of NT???? Who'd rather see JB give you blk/red/purple VII's rather than easters??? who'd rather blk/whit/red XXI's before gray/uni. blue??? who'd rather see blk/red IV's before cool grays??? (catchin' tha drift now???) what happened to the colors??? did anybody see the Jordan Motorsport IV's??? who would like to see those as a GR??? There's more uniform colors that people would rather invest in than argon blue XI IE's.<<<(just an example of a JB catastrophe)
a general questionThis thread is stupidNeed Videogames?

^^^ see i try to cope with critisim. have you seen OG jays in blk/blue/white??? nevermind which j, but have u? i believe the answer would be yes. well i say, y not incorporate those colors into another jay perhaps? and forget the general question part, am i supposed to assume that ur that punctual wen it comes to wut people write??? how bout get a life, juss tryin' to find ANOTHER reason to TRY to make me feel stupid.

EDIT: I WON'T RESPOND TO THA GUY BELOW ME. But I will say this. I have been offensive in a way, and I do apologize. But my maturity has nothing to do with this. I've been raised to not take bull from people and I don't feel as though I should change my ways on NT. Sure, I'm gonna be discrete as far as profanity goes, but imma make sure I defend my part. So sorry to all, as well as NT.

Quote:
English Professor Major

Thnx a lot!!

Considering that is not my native language I feel flattered, but what does it say about you?

Quote:
^^^Thanx. And might I add, i hate the color BURGANDY, the color BURGANDY pisses me tha f off, the BURGANDY Air Jordan Retro V's are terrible and will never be a part of my "LS", and I don't give a hoot how you spell BURGANDY!!! BURGANDY BURGANDY BURGANDY BURGANDY BURGANDY BURGANDY BURGANDY BURGANDY BURGANDY BURGANDY BURGANDY BURGANDY BURGANDY BURGANDY BURGANDY BURGANDY BURGANDY BURGANDY BURGANDY BURGANDY BURGANDY BURGANDY BURGANDY BURGANDY BURGANDY BURGANDY BURGANDY BURGANDY................ and I had no problem wasting my time to make you feel stoopid<<<< and I know that's spelled wrong Professor English Major!!!.... (and now to leave you with my emotional progression throughout this flame) :stoneface:
indifferent.gif
... :smile:
smile.gif
.... :D
happy.gif
..... :lol:
laugh.gif
...... :rofl:
roll.gif
Join The Clones

Quote:
Well, being selfish or not is really relative... Look man... Take it this way:
I was born earlier, let me get the more valuable stuffs. Sounds fair?
You were born later, then good luck with your generation.

I am 29, you are 21. I was rockin' AJ VI's in my 1st year of high school while you were still a 5-year old toddler. I DID get the more valuable stuff. From VI to XIII I did get them.

Quote:
You want to have a pair of OG colorway in mint and wearable condition?
Here's a simple answer:
TAKE CARE OF THE SHOES FROM THE MOMENT THEY BELONG TO YOU.
HOY! Pinoy ako!

Back
Top Bottom