What happened to yall dressin better cats??...

Originally Posted by Josednk1068

Originally Posted by NattyBro

laugh.gif
 which part hit home though bro? And what facts are you stating?  We put effort into downing him? Nah, he did that himself, and you're not helping his cause. 

Bro you went out of your way to make a post in which you called dude corny and a trend hopper, you mad ... The part that hit home for you was when I mentioned people such as yourself so worried about what dude is wearing and the reasons why, don't know why it affects you... Just do you and that should be all that you are worried about, you come off like a hater when you go out of your way to attack people that had no concern with you. Makes me wonder what your issue is deep down inside homie

you must go to school with him, neither of you can read that I said dressing a certain way to stand out is JUST AS corny as trend hopping...this is like the 3rd time I've broken it down.  if the shoe fits wear it, if not don;t take offense.  And let's not act like I'm the only person who has mentioned it. 
indifferent.gif
  Like I said, I simply asked a question, and he jumped out the window so I addressed it. 

This is NT, dudes understand what you saying but just like to argue to no end.
laugh.gif

you must go to school with him, neither of you can read that I said dressing a certain way to stand out is JUST AS corny as trend hopping...this is like the 3rd time I've broken it down.  if the shoe fits wear it, if not don;t take offense.  And let's not act like I'm the only person who has mentioned it. 
indifferent.gif
  Like I said, I simply asked a question, and he jumped out the window so I addressed it. 
Don't know the man; however I take it when he says he is trying to do something different he means step away from that sneaker + t shirt + and camo short 24/7 lifestyle. I don't know how one could get mad at someone for just wanting to do something simply because its different, and then on the other hand what would you say if he came in here saying he wants to wear what everyone else is wearing? I just don't understand how dudes like you can get so mad at someone because of how one dress and why they dress like that, and why does it bother you soo much?

Trends change like the seasons, if not why would you need to buy new clothes if the company is putting out the same black/white shirts? (except when it comes to quality and just brand favoritism)

But in my opinion every person should have a mix of both casual and "dress up" attire. Since most people come across situations where it may call for tie, you damn sure should be able to use one. lol. I dont think that there necessarily is a right answer to fashion per say, but that's what makes it fun and interesting, seeing different peoples styles and they pair items with each other is interesting.

I think people should also not forget that a lot of styles and ideas come from wanting to be anti this anti that. subcultures are what drive fashion, not fashion driving subcultures... if there where no Jones to keep up with who would the hipsters be against? if people didn't dress down would, would dressing formally be so formal? or vice versa

and to the NTers hatin on people rocking ties everyday...maybe they just feel right wearing a tie? I swear I read an article somewhere that this dude spike jones rocks a tie with any and every shirt that has a collar on it b/c it feels right to him. is that really a crime??

Originally Posted by Scientific Method

Y'all remember Neek like a decade ago and how far ahead of the game he was with that? He was literally putting on girls jeans and talking about how they hugged his hips and the tight fit and we were all clowning him because at the time the baggy look was in. Talk about a legend ahead of his time. I bet right now he is somewhere wearing aluminum foil outfits

roll.gif
roll.gif

indifferent.gif
Don't know the man; however I take it when he says he is trying to do something different he means step away from that sneaker + t shirt + and camo short 24/7 lifestyle. I don't know how one could get mad at someone for just wanting to do something simply because its different, and then on the other hand what would you say if he came in here saying he wants to wear what everyone else is wearing? I just don't understand how dudes like you can get so mad at someone because of how one dress and why they dress like that, and why does it bother you soo much?

What was the topic of this post again? So you can't understand how I have an opinion on the subject of the post? oh okay.  I could care less what he or anyone else wears honestly, I just thought it was odd that he was complaining that every white guy at his school dresses a certain way and he found that corny, yet he specifically stated he dressed a different way to stand out.  Like I have been saying, both come off as corny to me... It never had anything to do with him, I asked a question and he replied...so clearly he was in his feelings about it...then you got in your feelings about him...

Originally Posted by airblaster503

As someone who is actually into fashion, the dressing better thread is a joke. That dude pinoy723 makes that clear. His fits are nothing special along with 95% of the people that post in there. That thread is the same damn thing over and over. Where can I get xxx for cheap? Go back a couple pages and you see someone else has posted the same thing. Dudes need to look beyond GQ instead of being so narrow minded if they think they have the game on lock, they are just scratching the surface and don't know a damn thing about what they are talking about.
No joke please drop some knoweldge on us then. I follow that thread cause I'm in the interest of stepping my style up and I find it to be pretty helpful.
Originally Posted by lilpro4u

I was thinking dude was Kerry, but he's missing a Ghostface/Raekwon/Nas avy..
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I feel you tho, fambs, I think the Dressing better thread fell off a 1000 pages ago, when steezy started to post in it. 
IDK if youre implying that hes the cause of it anything but hes my favorite poster in here. His fits are clean to me and hes got the best of both worlds thing going on with how he dresses. He could wear his fits almost anywhere and fit right in, at least to me.

indifferent.gif

What was the topic of this post again? So you can't understand how I have an opinion on the subject of the post? oh okay.  I could care less what he or anyone else wears honestly, I just thought it was odd that he was complaining that every white guy at his school dresses a certain way and he found that corny, yet he specifically stated he dressed a different way to stand out.  Like I have been saying, both come off as corny to me... It never had anything to do with him, I asked a question and he replied...so clearly he was in his feelings about it...then you got in your feelings about him...
Bro no feelings were caught by me, I would be the first to admit if they were. I am just really confused by your interest in what my dude rocks and why he rocks it enough to actually post. I wonder if you walk down the street and have an opinion on every dude that you cross ... like " Hmmm , I wonder why he chose those shoes w/ those pants" kinda steez

Bro no feelings were caught by me, I would be the first to admit if they were. I am just really confused by your interest in what my dude rocks and why he rocks it enough to actually post. I wonder if you walk down the street and have an opinion on every dude that you cross ... like " Hmmm , I wonder why he chose those shoes w/ those pants" kinda steez

It's whatever, but I think you are still missing the point...for the hell 5th? 6th time in this post...dressing a certain way for the sole intention of standing out is JUST AS corny as looking like all the other sheep who are on whatever the newest trend is.  Like i said it has nothing to do with him, he just replied to it. Thread is dead outside of you and I replying to each other so I'm just going to leave it at that bruh. 

Originally Posted by Cronicmolemolereturns

Meh.. I'm more knowledgeable than most people about clothing etc.. sometimes you just feel like wearing a fitted and a tee,though. I think the most important thing is situation dressing.
Exactly. There is no need for suits at a college party unless it's a formal. Apply this logic the other way around and there's no need for snapbacks/whatever else at a work function. Know what's appropriate for where you're going. 

It's whatever, but I think you are still missing the point...for the hell 5th? 6th time in this post...dressing a certain way for the sole intention of standing out is JUST AS corny as looking like all the other sheep who are on whatever the newest trend is.  Like i said it has nothing to do with him, he just replied to it. Thread is dead outside of you and I replying to each other so I'm just going to leave it at that bruh. 

Maybe you missed what I was getting at, maybe what dude likes to wear is just different from the cookie cutter look you see on people right now, let him do him and you wear what makes you happy. I don't think he was looking for validation, but for some reason I guess you assumed that is what he wanted from you ...

Maybe you missed what I was getting at, maybe what dude likes to wear is just different from the cookie cutter look you see on people right now, let him do him and you wear what makes you happy. I don't think he was looking for validation, but for some reason I guess you assumed that is what he wanted from you ...

laugh.gif
indifferent.gif
 did he not say he dresses a certain way solely to stand out? Why you riding so hard for him funny boy? 

Originally Posted by Pinoy732

if you read the rest of my post, then maybe we wouldn't have to venture to this point.
clearly i said i am trying to be different from the rest of the regular white frat looking dudes but with a name like nattybro maybe you are upset because thats the life you are bout.
get your post count up, then maybe i'll listen....bro
no malice bro and out of pure curiosity, where do you attend school?

where I undergraded at, the frat stars were the ones constantly in country club attire and were real heavy into brands like Ralph Lauren, Brooks Bros, Vinyard Vines, JCrew, J.Press, and such. 

and a National Bohemian reference
pimp.gif

laugh.gif
indifferent.gif
 did he not say he dresses a certain way solely to stand out? Why you riding so hard for him funny boy? 

I too don't understand why it's CORNY for someone to dress a certain way just to be different.

Originally Posted by ryair max 1

if you read the rest of my post, then maybe we wouldn't have to venture to this point.
clearly i said i am trying to be different from the rest of the regular white frat looking dudes but with a name like nattybro maybe you are upset because thats the life you are bout.
get your post count up, then maybe i'll listen....bro
no malice bro and out of pure curiosity, where do you attend school?

where I undergraded at, the frat stars were the ones constantly in country club attire and were real heavy into brands like Ralph Lauren, Brooks Bros, Vinyard Vines, JCrew, J.Press, and such. 

and a National Bohemian reference
pimp.gif
In Cali, the frat boy look = cap+neon tank top with some corny rap lyrics that somehow connect with the frat's name+shorts/Levis 511s+ boat shoes

Originally Posted by firmePORvida

laugh.gif
indifferent.gif

I too don't understand why it's CORNY for someone to dress a certain way just to be different.
This, dude has no reason to justify his hate and now has resorted to calling names like funny boy... where they do that at ?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

what is worse is dudes in the "dressing better" thread have NO style… and dudes asking for info on plain blue shirts and jean shorts   
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
indifferent.gif

This, dude has no reason to justify his hate and now has resorted to calling names like funny boy... where they do that at ?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

wait..so you don't comprehend how going out of your way to dress different isn't corny?  I mean look nobody is going to dress the same as everyone, but when you clearly state that you dress a certain way to stand out that isn't corny?  Wearing a tuxedo to my 9am class wouldn't come off as corny just b/c I wanted to look different?  If that's what you do cool no worries, it's the fact he said he purposely dresses different to stand out 
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

wait..so you don't comprehend how going out of your way to dress different isn't corny?  I mean look nobody is going to dress the same as everyone, but when you clearly state that you dress a certain way to stand out that isn't corny?  Wearing a tuxedo to my 9am class wouldn't come off as corny just b/c I wanted to look different?  If that's what you do cool no worries, it's the fact he said he purposely dresses different to stand out 
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

I still don't think it's corny to want to be different. I did read that he wanted to dress a certain way to be different, but I didn't read him saying that he wanted to stand out, and I for sure didn't read him say that he wears tuxedos to class - that's an extreme assumption you're making (unless I missed that part). My parents always told me to be different and individual and it sounds like he was told the same. On top of it all, it's not hard to go out of your way and dress differently than the next guy.

If he want to dress up like to fill in scantrons in his 1st lecture of the day that's cool with me, I could care less. My only point for the 18th time is that you can't sit here and tell me dressing a certain way JUST to standout isn't equally as corny as jumping on every trend and switching your gear out depending on what's 'hot' currently. This dude got pics of him and his peers at a normal event and he looks like the oddball b/c he went to dinner for 20 year olds and everyone in jean shorts and tee shirts and he in full on formal wear talking about 'she didn't know i was suiting up.' That's corny to me, sue me.

If he want to dress up like to fill in scantrons in his 1st lecture of the day that's cool with me, I could care less. My only point for the 18th time is that you can't sit here and tell me dressing a certain way JUST to standout isn't equally as corny as jumping on every trend and switching your gear out depending on what's 'hot' currently. This dude got pics of him and his peers at a normal event and he looks like the oddball b/c he went to dinner for 20 year olds and everyone in jean shorts and tee shirts and he in full on formal wear talking about 'she didn't know i was suiting up.' That's corny to me, sue me.

In other words, you have a problem with him being "suited up" at informal events than you do with him dressing differently? Because I would feel corny if I went to a party and some random dude had on the same top, bottom, and/or shoes that I'm wearing too.

In other words, you have a problem with him being "suited up" at informal events than you do with him dressing differently? Because I would feel corny if I went to a party and some random dude had on the same top, bottom, and/or shoes that I'm wearing too.

what if he had the same suit and hard bottoms on as you...
indifferent.gif

Back
Top Bottom