What Happened? Vol. G-unit/50 cent

I remember when Get Rich or Die Tryin came out...man 50 was my fav rapper....all i used to jam was g-unit...and !*@# seemed was getting even better too...Gamecame along and it was like them *!%!%@ was on top of the world...then all of a sudden...50 VS GAME....i was like
eek.gif
..no way...i aint really understand it back then...so it seemed like Game was thebad guy...
laugh.gif
Lookin back on it its pretty dumb...Over game wanting towork with Nas?
indifferent.gif
And then after that they"squashed"
ohwell.gif
it...yea right...50 kept talkin !*@# in theinterviews and next thing you know Game unleashes a can of
mad.gif
eek.gif
sick.gif
...I mean this #+%!@ pretty much took on like a damn group of 10 *!%!%@ (where was EM
nerd.gif
seemed like he left them *!%!%@ to get fried) and all them *!%!%@ was quiet orsending out weak !*@# and gettin mashed-on on wax...i mean !*@# just wasnt fair...to me thats where 50 and all them turn a turn for the worst...ever since thenit just aint been the same...i wonder what it woulda been like if they never woulda beefed.

A G-UNIT 2010 REUNION?????

Here is some news that seems a bit far-fetched, but perhaps not considering the Hip-Hop climate.

I am hearing there may be A G-UNIT REUNION IN THE SUMMER OF 2010. This is YOUNG BUCK, THE GAME, 50 CENT, BANKS AND YAYO.

Sound implausible, eh? But The Game has noted in a few interviews that he's not warring with 50 like that anymore and the also noted that there have been instances were 50 Cent didn't dis him. Remember, when Game had the chance to go super hard at 50 with Rick Ross - he didn't. I personally think this would be a good idea if the dudes can get over it. Its clear that that was not a fake beef and these dudes need to band together and sell units. No pun intended. Plus Young Buck is dope as an artist. We need him back in the game. No pun intended.

Lloyd Banks reportedly has several offers on the table for a recording home, with the most enticing being Atlantic Records, from what I hear. Tony Yayo is likely to go indie and possibly forming a group with Uncle Murda, Ransom and…Ron Browz? We'll see.

I wonder what the delay is on 50 Cent's album? I'd really like to hear the thing to see what he's got musically this time. I'm hearing there might be some real behind the scenes wrangling going on that nobody knows about. I heard 50 did a song with DJ Premier, but we may never hear it. SMH. I heard this isn't 50 or Preem's fault though.

Originally Posted by Boomatic206

A G-UNIT 2010 REUNION?????

Here is some news that seems a bit far-fetched, but perhaps not considering the Hip-Hop climate.

I am hearing there may be A G-UNIT REUNION IN THE SUMMER OF 2010. This is YOUNG BUCK, THE GAME, 50 CENT, BANKS AND YAYO.

Sound implausible, eh? But The Game has noted in a few interviews that he's not warring with 50 like that anymore and the also noted that there have been instances were 50 Cent didn't dis him. Remember, when Game had the chance to go super hard at 50 with Rick Ross - he didn't. I personally think this would be a good idea if the dudes can get over it. Its clear that that was not a fake beef and these dudes need to band together and sell units. No pun intended. Plus Young Buck is dope as an artist. We need him back in the game. No pun intended.

Lloyd Banks reportedly has several offers on the table for a recording home, with the most enticing being Atlantic Records, from what I hear. Tony Yayo is likely to go indie and possibly forming a group with Uncle Murda, Ransom and…Ron Browz? We'll see.

I wonder what the delay is on 50 Cent's album? I'd really like to hear the thing to see what he's got musically this time. I'm hearing there might be some real behind the scenes wrangling going on that nobody knows about. I heard 50 did a song with DJ Premier, but we may never hear it. SMH. I heard this isn't 50 or Preem's fault though.

come on now....
ohwell.gif

The G-Unit Brand as a whole is dying....
It reminds me of Master P and No limit in like 2001...
No matter how much P tried to recreate old hits, jump on trends, or put out any of his bum acts...nothing stuck...
Samething for Fif and his crew...

Great comparison with Master P and No Limit. I think their act just got old, no one outside of NY is feeling them like that. 50 is the only one who couldrecover if he ditches Banks and Yayo and goes to another label but I personally don't think he can make hot music anymore. He hasn't had a hot singleIMO since his first cd. "I Get Money" was only hot in NY, lets be honest. He needs to branch out and work with other rappers outside of G-Unit and hecould gain more of a broader audience.

They lost their hunger and it was obvious in their tracks.

Listen to early G-Unit/50 then listen post GRODT. There is no comparison. When they were on the grind putting out the early G-Unit Radio's they werestraight crack, but they fell off hard core after 50 blew up.

not a day went by where i wasnt spittin some banks %$%# in thehallways at school
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Game Was Pure Piff with the Unit..
smokin.gif

Miss those days
ohwell.gif

Truth is Curtis lost his hunger when he got rich and his mixtapes suffered. Then he put that lame Game on when he should've kept him on the shelf like Dredid. Some would say he should've never reached out to rappers outside of his borough but who knows at this point. The gimmick of some rap beef before hedropped an album got old too.

I appreciate the good music at the time tho.

I'm glad they brand died down, them and the dipset movement is the reason why NY hip hop fell off

i too rember how hot gunit of fif was when i was in hs. if u lived in ny all the cars seemed to be bumpin gunit or dipset at the time
pimp.gif
even the same goes for the set but anywayz im still a fan of g-unit. also yayo isa clown how cud u drop him
laugh.gif
but i ight get $@@% for it but mase on gunit radio 16 waz def fire n idc

Back
Top Bottom