What have you learned about Love --- Not be confused with LUST (relationship thread)

Everyone in this country think they're at some point entitled to true love in their life. With that misnomer running rampant throughout society, there havebeen millions of misguided decisions made.

...Although I do believe in love, I do agree that the chances of you finding true love is very slim. Primarily because love is a confluence views, emotions,and commitments bottled up in a single noun.

I've learned that a lot of people who think they are in love really just have a very strong infatuation going on.

I've learned that people think that love is something that just happens, and then either just sticks around or just fades away as opposed to what it reallyis, something that is developed, and then either neglected or nurtured and maintained.

I've learned that there is a direct correlation between the 'half glass full/half glass empty' attitude in a person and the amount of people whothey know truly love them unconditionally (mom, dad, siblings, cousins, etc.).

I've learned that a lot of girls say they're in love with their man because they're afraid of the bad boy they fell for and they would rather notthink about being without him (as opposed to not wanting at all to be without him), and a lot of guys say they're in love with their chick because theyappreciate knowing they're getting laid multiple times a week every week as long as they make her feel appreciated (as opposed to truly appreciating thebeautiful woman she is and feeling lucky to be with her every day).

I believe in a thing called love; I believe it with the bottom of my heart.

Do you believe in life after love (after love... after love.. after love)? I can feel something inside me say 'I really don't think you're strongenough. No.'

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by toast1985

Everyone in this country think they're at some point entitled to true love in their life. With that misnomer running rampant throughout society, there have been millions of misguided decisions made.

damn. that's a crazy quote
eek.gif

Originally Posted by blackmagnus514

When you put yourself in a vulnerable situation like that you're almost always guaranteed to take the L.
that was my thing. i hate feeling vulnerable so..

yep, and sucking in your pride sometimes for the better of a situation.

Love is like the ultimate compromise

When you put yourself in a vulnerable situation like that you're almost always guaranteed to take the L.

i rather stay guarded, i don't like the idea that my someone can have control over my feelings ... based on their actions

love is caring, patient, kind, understanding, and trustworthy....in a way it is unconditional

Love is awesome when its mutual... but in the end its just an emotion and can come and go but appreciated none the less

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

Do you elieve in life after love (after love... after love.. after love)? I can feel something inside me say 'I really don't think you're strong enough. No.'

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

YO!
Originally Posted by gabbyflo

I've learned that these three things are necessary for experiencing love:
Self-love, trust, and vulnerability.

I skimmed through and that is the most profound statement I've seen on the subject in quite some time.

I'll have to share it with someone.
nerd.gif
embarassed.gif

DF!!!

Real love is when you listen to her tell you how her day was while LeBron is putting on a clinic, and your boys are calling you to go out.

Originally Posted by toast1985

Everyone in this country think they're at some point entitled to true love in their life. With that misnomer running rampant throughout society, there have been millions of misguided decisions made.

...Although I do believe in love, I do agree that the chances of you finding true love is very slim. Primarily because love is a confluence views, emotions, and commitments bottled up in a single noun.

Well said, probably the most logical in the whole bunch. If everyone were meant to find "true love" then we wouldn't all be worrying about thepeople we're currently with, regardless if we were to take L's or chalk up more W's. Personally, Love is a selfless entity that is ongoing betweenpartners before one reaches a comfort zone or continue into a stalemate. Making it possible to move forward into the next life time or the final moment ofpassing.

Originally Posted by AirAnt23

YO!
Originally Posted by gabbyflo

I've learned that these three things are necessary for experiencing love:
Self-love, trust, and vulnerability.

I skimmed through and that is the most profound statement I've seen on the subject in quite some time.

DF!!!

I learned that sometimes it comes around, and it knocks u down. Now the key is to get back up when it knocks u down.........knocks u down

But seriously, I learned that fools fall in love, cause it makes u do and say things u never imagined urself doin/sayin.

Falling in love and then out of love makes most movies, stories and music make much more sense. It makes what seem like irrational acts have their own form ofrationality.

I've been with my wife for 18 years,16 of them married. Love has it's ups and downs. it's good and it's bad. But for me it's when for noreason something that she has said or done, pops up in my head for no reason and i start to smile. It could be from today,or 12 years ago.

I'm still relatively young and never been in a relationship, but I've found developing it is a $%*#+....there's this girl right now I'm gettinga huge crush on and I feel like I'm getting close to starting something...I have nothing to lose so I guess I'm going to find out what it trulymeans
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by Elpablo21

yep, and sucking in your pride sometimes for the better of a situation.

Love is like the ultimate compromise

def. not something i'm ready to do...
tired.gif

Originally Posted by trapmuzik617

Love is the best and worst thing in the world. It can make you or break you. Once you finally find true love you should hold on to it as tight as you can.
QFT!!

Back
Top Bottom