WHAT IF THIS WERE YOU AND YOUR OG's

Originally Posted by caynelyfe

Saw this on sneakernews, its an og VIII Sample. Painful, shrink wrap is NO GOOD. This Is Why We MUST Wear Our Shoes, As They Are Shoes, Not Statues.

Wow they turned to dust. RIP OG VIII's. I wear all my J's hopefully this never happens to my J's.

That would never be my kicks.  I wear them too much.  They wouldn't make it that long.

I buy 'em to wear 'em.
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by ssgefiestoakagerger

Does anyone know if ziploc and silica gel packets will have the same effect?

from personal experience and my own opinion, YES. not exactly, but yea it does. shoes need to breathe and with it being in a ziploc would have no air passage. the thing about silica packs is that they absorb moisture so i would only suggest putting one in each shoe box. the reason why i say one is that by putting more than one per shoe box would dry out the shoe especially in humid areas. if shoes dry out, it would cause the glue to dry up and then separate glued parts of the shoe (i.e the sole). this is just my opinion and the method i use..feel free to contradict my method..
just remember..shoes that old are kind of expected to have at least SOME crumbling/cracking/separation/etc..so regardless, no matter how much you try to preserve the shoe it will age. that cannot be prevented.

Originally Posted by Daver

Originally Posted by ssgefiestoakagerger

Does anyone know if ziploc and silica gel packets will have the same effect?

from personal experience and my own opinion, YES. not exactly, but yea it does. shoes need to breathe and with it being in a ziploc would have no air passage. the thing about silica packs is that they absorb moisture so i would only suggest putting one in each shoe box. the reason why i say one is that by putting more than one per shoe box would dry out the shoe especially in humid areas. if shoes dry out, it would cause the glue to dry up and then separate glued parts of the shoe (i.e the sole). this is just my opinion and the method i use..feel free to contradict my method..
just remember..shoes that old are kind of expected to have at least SOME crumbling/cracking/separation/etc..so regardless, no matter how much you try to preserve the shoe it will age. that cannot be prevented.

I can agree with this. Every old J's i ever bought off the bay in ziplocs have all ruined the sneakers in some form. OG VIII's with the black paper, box, and about 2 silicas is the way to go. I wish jb released all sneakers with that black paper still.

yea... people should wear their kix... when i unds my black se 19z everything on dat damn thing fell off 
mad.gif

I too try to keep mine well stored and maintained but I wear them and I guess thats the bottom line. I enjoy wearing them and I enjoy the smile on my wife's face when she see's me wearing them as well ....
pimp.gif

i feel bad damn
he should have either not wrapped them or kept wrapped when he seen they was messed up damn what a loss
and to homie that has them in here props for keeping them up them viii's are sexy damn

Flight Club shrink wraps a good majority of their display sneakers. Makes me wonder how many people have spent a few hundred dollars on a pair, smiled all the way home on the train thinking they were gonna be stylin' on the block, only to get home and have their shoes fall apart.  

Originally Posted by Cadwallader

When I was a kid, buying a 150 pair of sneakers to put away and never wear was completely unheard of. In the '90s, if you spent that much money on a sneaker, you wanted every one to know it.
Exactly, not to mention get every pennies worth out of them.  They'd be beat into the ground before they got tossed in favor of whatever Air Jordans were new by that point.  It's hard to believe it's gone from that, to people just stock piling boxes of shoes that they never even see, let alone wear.  I can understand to a certain extent, as now that they're childhood memories and classics, it's hard to watch them get beat up because you want to hang on to how they made you feel when seeing them all brand new, but the reality is, whether you wear them, or not, they will never remain that way.  They will always be a memory.

Originally Posted by Daver

justremember..shoes that old are kind of expected to have at least SOMEcrumbling/cracking/separation/etc..so regardless, no matter how muchyou try to preserve the shoe it will age. that cannot be prevented.
Precisely. I don't care what you do to "preserve" them, it is the nature of allmaterials to eventually degrade.  You can do things to prolong theirlife, or minimize the damage, but it is an inevitability.  That's why Iwonder what exactly it is that people who buy shoes to "collect" thinkthey're going to do with them.  Do they think they're still going to bearound and intact in 25 or 30 years?

If that was my pair of J's i would be pissed... major pissed!!!
mad.gif
. But since I actually wear my kicks well...Mine are still functioning

Back
Top Bottom