WHAT IF THIS WERE YOU AND YOUR OG's

Saw this on sneakernews, its an og VIII Sample. Painful, shrink wrap is NO GOOD. This Is Why We MUST Wear Our Shoes, As They Are Shoes, Not Statues.

jordan-8-sample-dissect-17.jpg

jordan-8-sample-dissect-15.jpg

jordan-8-sample-dissect-14.jpg

jordan-8-sample-dissect-13.jpg

jordan-8-sample-dissect-00.jpg

jordan-8-sample-dissect-00.jpg

Never understood the whole shrink/saran wrap thing. Had he let them breathe, they'd still be intact.

Originally Posted by dreicalma

Going to un DS some of my stuff soon. Those pics got me scared

i knew i was right to never believe in storing shoes. nothing lasts forever. its a shame to because those samples were nice too

Originally Posted by dreicalma

Going to un DS some of my stuff soon. Those pics got me scared

word!!! i'm scared straight now.

but bearing in mind the shoes were 18 years old or so, of course if you shrink wrap them they'll crumble.

but still...thanks OP

I only have one pair of sneakers that I've never worn. And that's only cause I don't have anything to wear with them right now. I wear all my sneakers. When I was a kid, buying a 150 pair of sneakers to put away and never wear was completely unheard of. In the '90s, if you spent that much money on a sneaker, you wanted every one to know it.

We Loved our shoes. We wore our shoes. And when they lost their freshness, we balled in them. And when the new Jordans released, we threw the old ones away and updated to the newest model. This was the way things went until around 1999......

Enter the internet, Successful selling retros and a horde of "collectors". I have nothing against the people who deadstock, it's the concept that I don't like. I don't see the enjoyment one gets out of watching their sneakers deteriorate. I also don't believe that any retro after 2003 will ever become seriously valuable besides the original DMP. Hence, I don't see the point.

I have a lot of sneakers, but nearly everyone of them have been worn. So by recent definition, I'm not a "collector". I'm just a guy that likes sneakers. The picture of the sample VIIIs is the destiny of every deadstock sneaker. When my shoes fall apart, me wearing them will be the cause of it, not my ignorance.

thats why i wear my shoes even though those are old but you have to let them breath i use to ziplock my jays not anymore leather is meant to breath yes i know these are suede

Originally Posted by Cadwallader

I only have one pair of sneakers that I've never worn. And that's only cause I don't have anything to wear with them right now. I wear all my sneakers. When I was a kid, buying a 150 pair of sneakers to put away and never wear was completely unheard of. In the '90s, if you spent that much money on a sneaker, you wanted every one to know it.

We Loved our shoes. We wore our shoes. And when they lost their freshness, we balled in them. And when the new Jordans released, we threw the old ones away and updated to the newest model. This was the way things went until around 1999......

Enter the internet, Successful selling retros and a horde of "collectors". I have nothing against the people who deadstock, it's the concept that I don't like. I don't see the enjoyment one gets out of watching their sneakers deteriorate. I also don't believe that any retro after 2003 will ever become seriously valuable besides the original DMP. Hence, I don't see the point.

I have a lot of sneakers, but nearly everyone of them have been worn. So by recent definition, I'm not a "collector". I'm just a guy that likes sneakers. The picture of the sample VIIIs is the destiny of every deadstock sneaker. When my shoes fall apart, me wearing them will be the cause of it, not my ignorance.

that last staement you made is like old sig

DA-YUM!!! I'm the type that wears certain Mikes and stocks certain Mikes depending on how much I love them an how exclusive they are...When I have to explain it to my people (why I spend $150+ on kicks to NOT wear), I usually compare them with a new car. As you use it, it goes down in value (not that I'm reselling any of my kicks), but more importantly is, once that new car smell goes away, its gone...there's no getting that back and anybody that says that you can buy the "New Car Smell" pine tree scent thing, doesn't own a car, cuz if they did, they'd know that that tree doesn't actually smell like the new car smell.

WITH THAT SAID...

These pictures got me shook...straight halfway crookin the game right now.

I'm bout to do something that i've been talkin about for years but never did it...I'm gonna un-DS a bunch of my kicks and rock a different pair everyday this summer...

Beat me once, shame on you...beat me twice, shame on me...grandma daughter aint raise no sucka
I shoulda learned my lesson when my crib got broken into and i got 9 pair of DS Mikes stolen...got me once

laugh.gif
CRUMBLED LIKE A COOKIE!!! those VIII's crumbled apart like it was a crayola crayon. i must say, WOOOOOWWW...its just crazy seeing something crumble like that. haha.
mannn..i hope the owner of those kicks didn't wake up that day thinking, "hmm..maybe i'll un-ds my sample 8s today!"...
roll.gif

Originally Posted by solejordan

i have those same exact samples

wrapped in shrink wrap, sole? let that thang BREATHE!! LOL. i'm playin.
on a side note..a little advice from personal experience. if you guys wanna store shoes in anything..i suggest using food service bags..it protects colors from bleeding onto each other while letting the shoe breathe. just the method i use for all my kicks i wear and stock.........which im about to break out soon. 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Daver

on a side note..a little advice from personal experience. if you guys wanna store shoes in anything..i suggest using food service bags..it protects colors from bleeding onto each other while letting the shoe breathe. just the method i use for all my kicks i wear and stock.........which im about to break out soon. 
laugh.gif

lol, no sir, i never shrink shoes, here's a pic

Originally Posted by SEND ONE

Never understood the whole shrink/saran wrap thing. Had he let them breathe, they'd still be intact.
Agreed. Never understood why some people do this either
eyes.gif
. It only makes the shoe fall apart sooner because no air can come into the shoes and therefore causes it to crumble.

Originally Posted by Daver

laugh.gif

lol, no sir, i never shrink shoes, here's a pic

better pics? i would love to see them intact

Back
Top Bottom