what if u have a job in jb

no flame here man,ive been saying it for years.Phil gets paid without giving mike a piece or hell mike gets a piece to and they dont have to donate a portion of those proceeds to support educational initiatives.im positive if you go into some factories 3rd shift they are making fakes.another thing is nike hitting up governments with moving their factories overseas and looking the other way for those governments to make the fakes in exchange for the CHEAP labor.i dont know if any of that is true but ill play the conspiracy game with you.

a good example of this type is the music industry.for years they put out black market 12 inch versions and extended versions of LPs in asia without giving artists credit towards making back money spent on producing them.

i would be on top of all the Js and making sure they would release the shoes the way they should in their original colorway
Jordans For SALE Need OG XII Taxi's SZ 9.5 or 10

I went back into the Archives and read a few posts from way back and would love to think what folks think now that the .5 series has evolved a bit more and the XXI pics have been released....

Anyone Anyone??
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++​
[/b]
You know what Rolls Down Hill Don't You?
Who Will You Call When "They" Make More than You?

Thanks so much for bringing this post back.

There's a lot of good insight in here.
[/url]​
[/center]

try to get all they JAYS. Make sure they make iLL designs.
Bring good retro with great color designs
Straight down ya chimney in ya living room is I
Weezy allergic to wintertime-Weezy Baby

Quote:
I would fire this guy and continue to oversaturate the market with retroes that are guaranteed to sell out while lowering production costs.

Quote:
I would fire this guy because hes being inconsiderate of collectors and those who have to work 2 jobs and a paper route just to buy a pair of shoes. This guys is being just as greedy as those folks at JB.

I would hire you guys jus to see you fight to the death...oh and I'd release one pair of retros every 3 months...

thanks rock for bringing this post back.. i just spent the whole morning thinking about and digesting eBoy and Meth's comments..

and Meth.. for some reason i doubt you're a fan of Air Max, but remember you still have a standing offer to come to 255 with me anytime (they open again in january), i'd definitely enjoy designing with you and having a good intellectual conversation about the state of the shoe game..

..nothin's ever promised tomorrow today..

Here's exactly what I would do:

1. Fire everybody. Especially that little @#%$ Gentry.
2. Hire a new design team.
3. Hire some people to do research on what colorways people want. AKA people to watch Niketalk :lol:
laugh.gif

4. Release one retro a month, starting with the 1s in the first month.
5. Wait at least 7 years for the main line shoes to be retroed.

<-------- Hoos>Chokies

I was hoping to get some new feedback and hear what your thoughts are now compared to then...(Back in June)

I never joined in this convo, since I have had sooo many thoughts on the subject and could go on for days about what I'd do.. but promised myself..I would stop giving away free ideas.. cuz I know between SOOO many guys between Meth, Billy WHite Dirk and Baby J.. Jordan has gotten PLENTY of ideas they have used as their own...

Call me Cocky.. just don't call me a liar!
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++​
[/b]
You know what Rolls Down Hill Don't You?
Who Will You Call When "They" Make More than You?

i would bring back get nicer retro colors
who? Mike Jones
Who? Mike Jones
who? **** we know who you are

Since so much has been said in here I'll go with what RockDeep asked for, .5 and XXI insights:

The .5 Series scored a hit with consumers (at least here in Denver) We're sold out of the Shoe at my store and it seems people are frantically looking for them all around town, vast contrast to last year, where not only did we never sell out of the 1.5's but no one was really asking for them. Now this shoe will never come close to classic status, it just can't, Melo probably isn't ever going to be more than a 2-3 time all star and rehashing 2 classic shoes does not make a great shoe. But it does show they can have marginal success with the Melo line. But from what I've heard it could get scrapped after this year.

D'wayne Edwards is a real cool guy, but his designs aren't cutting it.To be fair though hes been forced to fit his shoes into a hole that can't be filled. Now my initial reaction to the XXI is that its a nice, clean design, but its lacking. I feel its just lacking that WOW factor that the Jordan singnature line is needing. I haven't seen a Jordan that I'm just enamored by in quite some time. But the XXI does seem to have a kind of "start of something good" look to it and if the XXI could be used as a basis to 2006's team Jordan Line, we could be in for something special.

But Jordan brand won't do this, or at least it won't turn out like that. Design Dollars are wasted on churning out about 10-15 half assed team shoes and just throwing them into the marketplace in hopes of giving the average consumer a shoe to get suckered into buying. This does work, but they could vastly increase their long term fanbase by simply putting out 3-4 SOLID team shoes a year with solid stories, technology and design behind them.

Building up a team shoe so that it inspires people to want it with whatever it may be will create a better fanbase than the current strategy of "look a jumpman logo, I'll get em". Bridging the gap between consumer and product is a big issue that JB should tackle. You design a shoe inspired by a chair, maybe you make some cheap versions of the chair to send to stores for marketing and include a story by the designer about the chair or something, you'd still sell shoes just with the "look! JUMPMAN" strategy, but you'd get some people reading the story, and feeling a connection with the shoes and they would continue to search out jordans with a similar story backing them.

Meth touched on it real well, but Technology, technology, technology. That should be the most important part of a team jordan. If someone goes and buys a Jordan Team Shoe and a Hurache 2k5 right now and plays ball in them, they're gonna toss the Jordan to the side and wear the 2k5 for basketball more than likley. Why would you want to wear a shoe with a TPU shank plate and Air, when you could wear a shoe that pushes basketball footwear technology superiority? Then these consumers aren't even gonna touch Jordans for basketball. Why would they?

I'm gonna end this here but I'll add more, but the Wine from dinner is catching up to me :lol:
laugh.gif

Bump
BRONCOS[/b]​

i would be employee of the month every month till im at the top.from there....fire gentry,get rid of lifestyle ed.,make normal or discontinued colored shoes ex. fire red 4,infared 6(not deep infared),throw out laser machine(jb shoulda only did it on tha 1st 20's,stop on a good note),reverse the jumpmans on tha 10's back to tha left,and then put back NIKE AIR on the 3's,4's,5's,6's therefore causing "WorldPeace".

Simply put, the overt abundance of retros the past few years was the reason for my departure from collecting. Although I still purchase a few pairs here and there and maintain a strong amount of shoes (probably more than most), I never buy into the hype like some kids who MUST purchase all pairs regardless of the colorway.

Meth is correct, Jordan Brand IS taking a step back and are not taking advantage of what they have.... loyal consumers who would purchase anythign with the Jumpman logo on them, but with the decreasing quality and higher price tags, they can only go in one direction, and thats DOWN.

F/S: AJ 14s $110/LASER 4s/BRED 11/LBJ /MELO/AJ 1-XX/ [/b]CLICK HERE
CLICK HERE

As a Graphic Designer, I'd want to be part of the design team. My main objective would be to try having normal colorways released.
not to fail
is to determine to succeed.
- R.B. Sheridan​

if i had a job, i would make sure i get at least three pairs of each shoe release and just release the hell out of hella pairs,

Back
Top Bottom