what if u have a job in jb

Quote:
I would slow down the frequency of releases and hire someone who has better taste in retro colors.
I would fire this guy and continue to oversaturate the market with retroes that are guaranteed to sell out while lowering production costs.

:wink:
wink.gif

It's a business people.

:wow:
eek.gif

s...55​

Quote:
I would fire this guy and continue to oversaturate the market with retroes that are guaranteed to sell out while lowering production costs.

^^^^I would fire this guy because hes being inconsiderate of collectors and those who have to work 2 jobs and a paper route just to buy a pair of shoes. This guys is being just as greedy as those folks at JB.

[color=1E90FF]FLOSS DAILY[/color]
My Collection on Myspace

From a business standpoint, I'd agree with ing for Michigan at forward, a 6-9 freshman from Detroit, MI #4 Chris Webber; at forward, a 6-6 freshman from Austin, TX #21 Ray Jackson; at center, a 6-9 freshman from Chicago, IL #25 Juwan Howard; at guard a 6-5 freshman from Plano, TX #24 Jimmy King; and at guard, a 6-8 freshman from Detroit, MI #5 Jalen Rose. They were known as the "Greatest Class Ever Recruited" or simply known as the Fab Five ~ Mitch Albom [/size][/b][/size][/color][/font]

Banging out retros may increase profits in the short run, but it may have a negative effect in the long run.

teamWHIT EBOY has got it right.
JB doesn't care about collectors. The sooner people realize that, the better. They are a business. They need to make $$$.
If I worked at JB, I wouldn't care about the collectors. If I cared about collectors, I would most likely lose my job.

Quote:
Banging out retros may increase profits in the short run, but it may have a negative effect in the long run.
care to elaborate??
Business is all about "what have you doen for me lately??"
over-saturation and cheap materials seems win-win to me.

-J-

^^^The way that I interpreted it was "what would you do, In your personal interest, if you got hired at jb?" Of course from a business stand point I would agree with TeamWhit Eboy, yet my personal interest would be for the collectors.

There are two ways to look at it, just like Jrose said...
My Collection on Myspace

i'd realease watever i want and pretty much do watever i wanna do and u will all have to take it or blow it out ur @@@! Dont touch my shoes if u dont like , itches! :evil:
devil.gif

:lol:
laugh.gif
jp...but seriously, if i like it....u either have to or dont...but u'll buy it anyways

especially when i turn the tables around and base a JB shoe off the G-units! It'd b insane! nobody would not know wat to buy! or who to complain about more!! aj IV or Gunit?!?!

...ok sorry
gonna :stoneface:
indifferent.gif
myself for that.............. :lol:
laugh.gif

WANT ALSO: 11.5XII-Maize + Anything sz.3.5? I may take a look at em...

It really can't hurt in the long run....If you create enough hype about retros now u can reretro them in the future as well. You could reretro the XI's in every colorway again and people would still cop like crazy. JB knows what they're doing.

Quote:
care to elaborate??

Jordans may start to lose their appeal if the market becomes too oversaturated. They have to decide whether it would be more profitable by oversaturating in short run and potentially having sales go down hill, or minimizing releases for the steady long term sales.

I really don't think Jordans will lose their appeal. Going strong for 21 years now.....
People won't wake up one day and say, "ya know? I'm not going to be J's ever again."
and like I said business is all about..."what have you done for me lately??"

-J-

Why do we always get these cats trying to post like they got MBAs??????? Seriously, You're not impressing anyone. These fools are like

"I'd deterimine a market equilibrium and go over that price trying to screwing JB head because I'm a soulless bastard. Seriously, its a business"

Oh, brave new world.

Quote:
especially when i turn the tables around and base a JB shoe off the G-units! It'd b insane! nobody would not know wat to buy! or who to complain about more!! aj IV or Gunit?!?!

oh you rebel, you.

:rofl:
roll.gif
:rofl:
roll.gif

id change the logo, the colorways and the name to PPCB....... PETE CHILLCUT Brand

or DDB.............. Dunkin Dutchman Brand (Rik Smits)

psych, id juss release a lotta PEs for retail prices and id take a lot of the ideas from the weekly PS Comps so that everyone would be happy

I would use much better materials for making the shoes and keep them at same price.
GET READY FOR THE WARRIORS IN 2006-2007

I would retro the gear from when the kicks originally came out, and some new stuff. That'd be sic
wanted: Jordan stuff, cheap jordans, Vintage jordan clothing.

i would make sure all NT get what they want plus bring back some personal favorite l :pimp:
pimp.gif

Quote:
I would fire this guy and continue to oversaturate the market with retroes that are guaranteed to sell out while lowering production costs. Its a business.
That depends: do you still want to work for a successful JB in 5 years, or do you just want to put "increased revenue an average of each year by x% over z years" on your resume when you decide to jump ship before (or, if you're unlucky, after) the bottom inevitably falls out?

They're so fixated on taking the shortcut to increased quarterly revenue that they're quickly en route to driving the brand straight into the ground.

Has anyone read Daniel Quinn's Ishmael ? The parable of man attempting to pilot a rudimentary flying machine springs to mind: man leaps from the highest peak with his flying machine and - for a few exhilarating minutes - he IS flying. He can see the entire world beneath him. He's higher than any human has ever been. Beneath him, he sees the wreckage of countless other would-be aircraft, but he arrogantly believes that HIS craft is different, that HIS craft is really is flying where theirs merely fell. From this zenith, the craft slowly begins to descend. There's nothing wrong with the strategy, though... pedal faster! There's nothing wrong with the plane; we all saw it fly! Keep pedaling faster!

Like the ill-fated pilot, Jordan brand is enjoying the gap between action and consequence. They've chosen to leap from a cliff in an ill-prepared craft but - for now - it's seemingly doing exactly what it was designed to do.

I would be more concerned with solidifying the long-term viability of the brand. I wouldn't be interested in spiking revenue over a fad, but strengthening the relationship between the brand and the CORE fans who've helped keep it successful with and without Michael Jordan's nightly highlight presence. I wouldn't just jack up the number of retro releases, but focus on growing the apparel portion of the business for relatively modest yet ultimately sustainable gains. They're doing a decent job of that now with their encroachment into the "lifestyle" i.e. urban apparel market, but obviously they're splintering their brand identity, which makes apparel sales a bit difficult for anyone outside the generic sporting goods crowd. Fubu could make the best line of gear EVER in 2006 but no one will buy it, because that brand's identity has been absolutely shattered. Jordan brand is on the precipice of accomplishing something similar - which would really be amazing given the unfaltering strength and diversity of its core fan base... back when it was true to something rather than down for anything.

Let's be real, you could be a successful BASKETBALL oriented brand for the next 25 years.... or you can be a trendy fad/hype oriented brand for the next 4-5 years. The difference is that your long run basketball oriented brand will experience steady gains over an extended period while the trendy brand will experience exponential gains over a few years and then flame out.

We all know they can't keep this up. You can't just add 15% more retro colorways EVERY year, cut corners on materials and expect no one to notice, take your core fans for granted and expect them to bend over for increasingly exploitive bundles time and time again. ($200 for a $110 shoe, a t-shirt, and a hat? $350 for a $250 worth of shoes? These are deals?) Not only would you eventually run out of people willing to buy 75 retro releases per year, but you'd turn off the very people whose patronage built your business to begin with. What happens then?

You can't keep manufacturing sneaker collectors if you manage to alienate the TRUE sneaker collectors this new generation would be emulating. You can't establish your brand as a provider of fashion for every demographic under the sun. Look at every other mainstream "urban" brand over the last 15 years. Virtually every one experienced exponential growth once they began selling to posers... and yet that's exactly what caused the bottom to fall out for each one. Once you alienate your CORE, you've cost yourself the cornerstone that keeps your business in place.

My degree isn't in business and my insight is derived from observation and experience rather than theory, so you'll have to forgive my amateur analysis. However, many of us here have been representing Jordan brand by choice far, far longer than the majority of the brand's employees have been representing it by contractual obligation. When Jordan brand sacrifices quality, we're the ones who really feel it, because we're the ones who wear and play in the product day in and day out. When Jordan brand tries to increase the price of merely keeping up with the line, we're the ones who are expected pay for it. If the bottom falls out and Jordan brand drives the brand into the ground, they'll all find other jobs and we're the ones who REALLY lose. So, let no one say that fans aren't "qualified" to speak on this issue.

^^^^^^^ nobody cares

:x
sick.gif

Actually, after reading your entire post I found the points you made to be fairly obviously. Very well written, but still lack of insight. I'm glad you own a thesaurus

i agree with most of that but at the end of the day why would Mike care.He's not even playing anymore, i think they are going for broke,cashing in and getting as much loot as possible while he is still relatively young and still in some peoples mind as a viable superstar.its like taking the bulk payment instead of smaller payouts over 20 years if you hit the lotto.he,nike, and jb are lumping their loot.if it bottoms out in 2,3 years they already hit the lotto and mike can go live out his life in absolute luxury for generations of jordan family members.and as a bonus if it bottoms out they will go back to what 85% of the old heads want anyway- 2 or 3 true to form retros a year.

Method Man, I greatly respect and appreciate your analysis. I have been proposing this concern on this board for quite sometime now, yet no one has given me any intelligent feedback on this matter until now. Thank you!!
My Collection on Myspace

Back
Top Bottom