What in the f word is wrong with my boss

son is 21 years old and had the effrontery to say "my mom just told me this morning" to his boss
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by TroyD

I don't know about setting up an appointment and all that insurance stuff, so I'm gonna learn it soon enough so I can be on top of it so this doesn't happen again

way to feign responsibility & concession instead of facing the real issue & turning this into a learning experience
you see through

enjoyed the 'have your mom call your boss' comment

laugh.gif
eek.gif
At the apathy from the NTers out here.

OP at the end of the day the jokes are coming from a good place. A lot people here wouldn't mind being your age with a Job that you work a few hours, and have their mom schedule their appointments.

You should be happy he didn't fire you. It's too hard out there to be slipping. You got it good right now.

Originally Posted by jthagreat

Well yea I see what y'all are saying, but this is the same boss that took me off the schedule because I was sick and missed 2 days of work. I even called both days early in the morning and told him I couldnt make it. I'm a part timer so he acts like that with me.

You guys think I'm irresponsible? There's younger people there that don't show up at all, leave the job to go shopping and ($:angry:, yet the boss doesn't say anything because they're full time

all this S!!! has nothin to do with YOU. Get your S!!! together man. what does what other folks do have to do with you and your actions. its all good man, you still learning (as am i) so its not personal.

This.  None of this is your boss' fault. 
eyes.gif

I don't know about setting up an appointment and all that insurance stuff, so I'm gonna learn it soon enough so I can be on top of it so this doesn't happen again

are you 14? 

Ol going to doctors appointment boy. Same types of dudes that go visit their baby mommas in the hospital when they're giving birth.

cmon b, you nd everyone else in here caring too much about a job that has nothing to do with a legitimate career.

Originally Posted by derrty6232

Just ask your mom to call your boss and explain what happened.

Hahah!!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

My boy did this once. Well not exactly...but he made his girl call his job and tell them he quit.
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by calibeebee

you sound like a scumbag employee and he's probably sick of scumbag employees like you that work for him. Kinda like the elementary school teacher that is a jerk because she's been dealing with punk brats for 30 years, they just develop a prick attitude. Get your @**% together dude, the world doesn't march to your beat. Show up, put up, and shut up.
fb83523a435b7376ec746e0b9b1c7ce998c19be_r.gif

Originally Posted by DAYTONA 5000

roll.gif
@ nobody sympathizing with OP.
fareal...
this is one of those instances where the first few posts sways the entire thread.

Originally Posted by Gumbo Jones

cmon b, you nd everyone else in here caring too much about a job that has nothing to do with a legitimate career.
true story...
acting like he's a risk analyst for wells fargo or something...

grin.gif
grin.gif

Damn some of yall are being kinda harsh..
30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif

But really though...whether you agree with it or not OP, they're paying you to come in and work, not skip out on part of it with a non believable excuse.

That's just how it is. What your boss says, goes. And if you don't like it...find a better job then get out of there.

A little OD on your bosses part but when you put them in that pickle just a few hours before your shift, you can't really expect alot of sympathy.

Originally Posted by FIRST B0RN

Originally Posted by calibeebee

you sound like a scumbag employee and he's probably sick of scumbag employees like you that work for him. Kinda like the elementary school teacher that is a jerk because she's been dealing with punk brats for 30 years, they just develop a prick attitude. Get your @**% together dude, the world doesn't march to your beat. Show up, put up, and shut up.
fb83523a435b7376ec746e0b9b1c7ce998c19be_r.gif
Not much after that post, 
laugh.gif

OP is wrong on all levels.

• Not leaving a message, voicemail or text.
  • Telling a fellow subordinate to relay the message,
    30t6p3b.gif
  • Showing up without talking to the Manager first.
  • No knowing your schedule in the first place.
  • Using that pitiful excuse.

OP you sound very irresponsible.

Originally Posted by Weekz

Originally Posted by derrty6232

Just ask your mom to call your boss and explain what happened.

Do NOT do this.
He's a grown man, I think it would look poorly in the eyes of his boss.  Your mom can't get you off the hook anymore, especially in a work place setting.

Just keep going and work hard to regain some cred with your boss.

You missed the joke in what he posted. Lol

C'mon man, you knew ahead of time that you worked today.
laugh.gif

Should have left your boss a voice mail.

Well yea I see what y'all are saying, but this is the same boss that took me off the schedule because I was sick and missed 2 days of work. I even called both days early in the morning and told him I couldnt make it. I'm a part timer so he acts like that with me.

You guys think I'm irresponsible? There's younger people there that don't show up at all, leave the job to go shopping and ($:angry:, yet the boss doesn't say anything because they're full time
We talkin' bout them or you?

yall tellin son be professional, he works in a kitchen
laugh.gif
he is not saving lives or doing accounting, this _'s flippin Krabby Patties.

your boss should have told you not to come in instead of waiting for you to get there. wasting your time and his.

Back
Top Bottom