What is the deal with Rent-A-Center or Aarons?

I know times are hard and everything, but its kinda sad when you are renting a PS3, or laptop.
laugh.gif

Is the furniture really that nice that you end up paying double than what you would had paid at a regular furniture shop?
nerd.gif

Someone school me on this

actually a real good business model -
pimp.gif

they are CAKING - and providing the hood a service...i mean some people cant afford to cop a $1300 TV from best buy or a couch set from Jordans in a one timepayment- so they get it from RAC and pay over time- the longer you take the more it costs -no diff than charging everything then paying the interest -

one can argue that they shouldnt be copping anyways but its the American way-

and in bad times like these they do a lil better- but the model has been around for awhile and they been getting it...

yea i bought a computer with them cause mine had broke and i didnt have that much money at the time

only plus i got out of it was it improved my credit by a lot

Home stagers love it too... To present a home they rent some items to make it more appealing, or to show potential

Real talk. We just bought a new house and we move in in a few weeks so we decided to peep Aaron's to see what all the hype was about. I went in and afterabout 2 minutes in and looking at the advertisement I grabbed my wife and said let's get up outta here. I mean dude said they are providig a service Iguess but if you saved for half the time you could get a decent tv or whatever you're looking for. They had a x-box 360 for $600, a PS3 for $1000. Glad Ican afford to not shop at Aarons.

i
laugh.gif
at fools who cop stuff from aarons and rent a center in the long run your paying like three times the price

one of my homies paid $1500 for a dell laptop he could have bought from the dell site for $479
smh.gif

yea but when u aint payin they send the goons out..
laugh.gif
i seen these dudes g check my neighbor somethin serious

These places are a complete rip-off, but I did purchase some of my first furniture from Aaron's. They had a clearence center at one of the locations intown. They sell furniture that has been previously rented. Not all of it is worth the money, but you can definately find some things that are decent for a goodprice. I bought a headboard, a dresser, a coffee table and some end tables. It helped me furnish my first apartment at an affordable price. It's been about7 years ago now, but check your local stores to see if they have one of these rooms.

Originally Posted by AJ fanatic

Real talk. We just bought a new house and we move in in a few weeks so we decided to peep Aaron's to see what all the hype was about. I went in and after about 2 minutes in and looking at the advertisement I grabbed my wife and said let's get up outta here. I mean dude said they are providig a service I guess but if you saved for half the time you could get a decent tv or whatever you're looking for. They had a x-box 360 for $600, a PS3 for $1000. Glad I can afford to not shop at Aarons.
they sometimes pay retail or close for some of those items
laugh.gif

BUT its not a spot to go shop at if you got cash obviously - but its also no different than jordans furniture or best buy giving you a credit line with 25%interest - and for the most part the people that deal with rentacenter wouldnt even pass the best buy credit check

yall are looking at it all wrong- its a fact people live well outside their means...thats america- yea its great to save cash and go buy what you can but mostpeople dont live that way- so the only options they have to keep up with the new technology, furniture etc is credit cards or rent to own type places...

This should be your last resort. It might sound real nice to hear that your payment may only be like $50 per month, but they up the prices on everything, soyou are technically paying double even triple the price.

You're better off putting everything on a credit card, if you really need a coach or something.

For real, I was watching one of them daytime court tv shows (jude judy or something) and this brawd on there suin her ex for a PS3 that she got from one ofthese rental spots...she had paid over $1,000 in monthly rental fee's for a PS3, HOW %%+#$@+ STUPID DOES A PERSON HAVE TO BE??

J Burner wrote:

For real, I was watching one of them daytime court tv shows (jude judy or something) and this brawd on there suin her ex for a PS3 that she got from one of these rental spots...she had paid over $1,000 in monthly rental fee's for a PS3, HOW %%+#$@+ STUPID DOES A PERSON HAVE TO BE??
OWNED
sick.gif

Originally Posted by haiti5

yea but when u aint payin they send the goons out..
laugh.gif
i seen these dudes g check my neighbor somethin serious

laugh.gif

I just dont understand why people would do this to themselves. But I bet they are making boatloads of money with this recession we are in

It is usually rent to own. The dont usually do short term rentals, atleast where im from, prolly afraid you do a short term rental then just keep the stuff andnot put anymore payments. But it is a decent deal if you dont have the money to pay for everything upfront. Yes in the long run you will pay a little more butits better than living without everything for a couple months before you have enough to buy it str8 out.

The only time I went to one was when my girl was going on a trip for a week and wanted a laptop so we could check out stuff to do while we were down there so Iwent and found one of the ones that would short term rent and just told em I needed it for finals and my comp just broke. Just threw a down payment that youget back when you bring it back and payed like 60 for the week or something like that

Actually they have a 90 Day same as cash deal. It's like layaway but u actually have possession of the item. If upay it off in 90 days, it's just like buying it at retail...

Paying 1500 for a 500-700 tv is no good. I was tempted but was like %@@$ it, pass.

Originally Posted by Chico Cummings

Actually they have a 90 Day same as cash deal. It's like layaway but u actually have possession of the item. If u pay it off in 90 days, it's just like buying it at retail...
Pretty much the only reason to use the place. Otherwise it's a rip indeed.

Back
Top Bottom