What is THE worst sports take you have ever had?

Feel like I've answered this or discussed the topic with NTers before, I thought Aaron Curry and LaRon Landry would both be All-Pro. Same for David Boston and Peter Warrick a generation previous. Also incorrectly believed Terrence Williams would be a walking triple-double in the league.To this day I don't know exactly why it didn't click for "T-Will." Perhaps Jersey was the wrong landing spot to launch his NBA career.

Johnny Manziel will mean more than Lebron James to the city of Cleveland - Skip Bayless

:lol: edit thought is said heard

Last edited:
I thought the Colts screwed up two drafts by picking Manning and Edge over Ryan Leaf and Ricky Williams.

Reggie should have tried to hookup with Andy Reid at some point

Also curious how cmc would look with Andy or now doug

Feel like y’all misunderstanding what a horrible take is. Reggie Bush, Jamarcus Russell, Joey Harrington, and Ryan Leaf were all consensus top picks. It’s not a bad take to think someone was going to be good who everybody thought was going to be good. That’s just a bust.

That the Dwight addition was going to get Kobe his 6th ring.

That Harbaugh-Kaep were going to lead the 49ers to another Walsh-Montana dynasty.

Dez Bryant was going to be a HOFer.

I thought mcnabb, ray Lewis and Shaq would be good/entertaining post their careers on tv

Some might enjoy Shaq, but dude is Adam Sandler too me

Feel like y’all misunderstanding what a horrible take is. Reggie Bush, Jamarcus Russell, Joey Harrington, and Ryan Leaf were all consensus top picks. It’s not a bad take to think someone was going to be good who everybody thought was going to be good. That’s just a bust.

Hiding in plain sight..don't want to expose themselves. Pretty sure it's happened to everyone if you post enough.

Two that stick out for me the most was being adamant that Lavelle Hawkins would have a better professional career than DeSean Jackson.

I also said Joe Mauer would be a power hitter out of haste for those dogging him back in the day. I said he had "a natural, power generating stroke" or something to that affect.

giphy.gif

Not bad sports takes, just things I was wrong about:
1. I still can't believe that Mike Conley had a better (by a magnitude of fifty) NBA career than Greg Oden. Didn't see that one coming
2. I thought Thomas Robinson was gonna was bust-proof NBA player. Successful, winning college player, great work ethic and had an NBA body from day one

I argued Ryan Braun was innocent.

In my defense tho I was one of the very first brewers fans to say I was wrong and then argue to them he was guilty.

Back
Top Bottom