What kind of FAN are YOU? Vol. Ben Wrightman or Gil Renard

I was channel surfing and happened to see that Fever Pitch was on. (For those who haven't seen it) Jimmy Fallon's character, Ben Wrightman, is aDIE-HARD Red Sox fan. He basically revolves his world around them... from spring training, to each home game, to having nothing in his closet but Red Soxgear.
laugh.gif

Prior to finding out about NT's best forum, I thought I was "pretty knowledgeable" about sports. But boy was I wrong. I admire thatsome heads in here are knowledgeable in so many different sports. Where the hell do you guys find the time?
laugh.gif

anyway,

My question is, what kind of fan are YOU?

Do you:
  • watch (your favorite teams') every game?
  • have season tickets?
  • have team apparel? Jerseys? Fitteds?
  • coach the team from your couch? or from your seat in the arena/stadium?
  • have to watch the game live? If you can't, is it on DVR? Do you cheat and find out the results or actually watch the DVR in entirety?
  • plan your schedule around certain games/events?
  • tell girlfriend/wifey to leave you the hell alone for 2-3 hours or so?
  • have friends who are fans of rival teams and have countless, endless arguments about your respective teams?
I know there are more, feel free to add them.

As for me? I'm a So Cal boy, so I pretty much follow the LA based teams other than the Lakers.
Wifey knows Saturdays/Sundays are for the Trojans/Chargers. So I tell her either early dinner(evening Trojan games) or late lunch(east coast Charger games).
laugh.gif

As for the NBA, I like the Clips but I don't necessarily have to plan my schedule around them.(Hopefully that changes next season.
wink.gif
)
I try and catch as much Dodger games as I can. I rep my teams w/ a few jerseys and t-shirts...

My girlfriend (at the time) and I saw Fever Pitch when it came out, and we both just cracked up at how much I related to Fallon's character, in regards tobeing an Indians fan.
laugh.gif

The only part of that checklist that doesn't apply to me is being a season ticket holder; I just can't afford it. I get to about 20-25 games perseason.

* watch (your favorite teams') every game?
* have season tickets?
* have team apparel? Jerseys? Fitteds?
* coach the team from your couch? or from your seat in the arena/stadium?
* have to watch the game live? If you can't, is it on DVR? Do you cheat and find out the results or actually watch the DVR in entirety?
* plan your schedule around certain games/events?
* tell girlfriend/wifey to leave you the hell alone for 2-3 hours or so?
* have friends who are fans of rival teams and have countless, endless arguments about your respective teams?
Yes to all except season tickets when it comes to FSU

- I try to watch every game at every opportunity I get. If not, I listen to the radio.
- Never had season tickets
- I have a couple of Giants jerseys and fitteds.
- I coach the team only when things are going wrong and know when wrong moves are being made, but that's only when I'm at home.
- I always plan a day off from work when there's a game I'm trying to watch/go to.

Those are the ones I can relate to right now.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom