What made Jake Long so good? Vol. #1 overall

2o6

He was basically considered the best tackle in the NFL, a year before he played a game.
What made a 1-15 pass up matt ryan/flacco for a outside tackle....they had 11-5 season the year after i believe too.

was he THAT much more physically imposing? 
nerd.gif

please, no one considered him the best LT before playing a snap in the L...and im a UM fan

06 6-10
07 1-15
08 11-5

they got henne in the later part of the 2nd, obvs he hasnt panned out, but it fit their startegy that yr
get a LT first and a qb later

Yes, he was that much more physically imposing...Joe Thomas was a Probower his 1st yr and went 3 in 2007 draft, Levi Thomas went 5 in that draft as well
Their respective Sr years, Long was graded out to be better than them by a majority of B10 coaches as a JR

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

Have I been thinking OP was a different NTer this whole time?....

its eddo , i share this account with a friend 
laugh.gif

as far as me bieng a troll , thats neither here nor there 
laugh.gif
 , this is a relatively serious question.

It's all about getting value. It was a weak draft for OTs. They saw the value of a franchise tackle and Chad as better than the alternative (which I absolutely agreed with).

People love to go back and act like every franchise QB was a lock to be one on draft day when that wasn't true. I was of the opinion Matt Ryan would be awful. He showed poor decision making at BC and his arm strength leaves a lot to be desired. If I'm taking a QB 1 overall (especially under the old pay scale) I'm not taking that risk with a guy who had serious flaws in his game.

you seriously have the worst sports knowledge
Nnamdi is also overrated because he doesn't make big plays (tough when no one throws to your side of the field)

Back
Top Bottom