What makes a shop your favorite shop?

Originally Posted by Knivesdesu

Thing is almost all of these shops have the same exact product and generally a similar price point so for me the deciding factor becomes ATTITUDE.

When I walk in makes sure you say what's up or hello, and I'm not talking about the supreme-esqe arrogant head nod while you are talking on the phone about grabbing a sack, it is a retail outlet no matter what they sell. I seriously want people to be like "hello, how are you doing? Can I help you? What are you looking for?". That is the bare minimum. The stores that I frequent are the ones where dudes/owners chop it up with you. I don't need dudes going out of there way to make me have a conversation when I am just looking for a pair of kicks, but the best shops are the ones where it is like visiting your boy. You show me love when I walk in the door, I will reward you with loyalty to your shop and probably tell other people to check it out.

On the other hand, there is stores I won't even step in because the employee attitude is so out of hand. One by me you can't even walk in without getting ice grilled. Dudes looking you up and down like you a woman, judging every aspect of your fit. Apparently I am enough of a "sneakerhead" to get a pass to step foot in there, but I have people who walked in the store just to peep it and the owner didn't even want to help them because they weren't "cool" enough. I feel like yo, I don't need to throw on my rarest hypebrand X hypebrand collab Tee, my most expensive raw denim, and my most expensive kicks just to walk in your store. I'm trying to give YOU money, not the other way around. You give me attitude and I am going to turn around, drive fifteen minutes down the road and get the exact same thing at another store. The only stores that can get away with this kind of thing are the ones that have product you can't get ANYWHERE else, and even then I'm prone to say I guess I don't need it that bad.
This is almost exactly what I was going to say. I think the worst thing that a sneaker and clothing boutique can have is gassed up, unhelpful,inattentive employees. Yes I realize that not everyone wants to be hassled while shopping and some want to just browse alone, but EVERYONE can appreciatebeing greeted by an employee with a smile and "Hello, welcome to ________, if you need anything just let me know I'll be right here." I havenever gone into a boutique that's done this before. Hundreds...nope, Stussy LA...nope, Undefeated...nope.

The bolded part is a statement with which I especially agree. I hate wearing nice clothes to go shopping. It makes absolutely no sense. I think of it as"wasting a good outfit."

Employees that Dont know their Stuff, But Think They Know Their Stuff.
Arrogant Employees send Customers packing.

I Say try to be a bit Different than other Shops around you.

Try to get your Shop Out There...like informing People what you guys are getting, Reasonable Prices...and Promotions.

Im hoping i could do my own thing in the future too...but good luck on the Shop Fam.

Back
Top Bottom