What mistakes has your favorite NFL team made in the past 5 years?

Patriots:
Letting Asante Samuel go. Some of the draft picks have been sucky, but they have made up for it with undrafted free agents and guys working their way up.
There was one big one too, i'm trying to remember it....OH YEAH BLOWING A PERFECT SEASON TO THAT BOOGER EATER ELI AND THE GIANTS!
mad.gif

Originally Posted by cubanref

Originally Posted by CripwalkinK

My team: Cowboys.
Mistakes: Everything.
THIS.
Hopefully they can get back to football and stop with all the hype and the circus show 
tired.gif

We haven't done anything that deserves all they hype we've had the last 4-5 years...hopefully this year we can start getting our focus back on just playing hard-nose football. Maybe even win a few playoff games in the next couple of years lol 
Our hype's been pretty much based around the offense, which on paper looks great but fails to execute for whatever reason. Last year was understandable, losing Romo basically derailed the season. But it starts with the defense, that secondary is just awful and no improvements have been made in the offseason. It's the first time this season I've heard absolutely no hype revolving Dallas and while that is a good thing, there's nothing to show for from this offseason other than a fairly good draft.

Originally Posted by Mr DragonFly Jones

Eagles: trading away their first round pick and drafting Kevin Kolb in the 2nd round, when we were fine at QB and had much bigger needs.

oh, and Mark/Mike whatever his name was Simoneau...they were really hyping dude up like he was the next great LB.

oh, and also keeping Reno Mahe around for as long as we did.

also..

Lorenzo Booker

Mike Bell

the entire career of Freddie Mitchell outside of that one big play.

having Todd Pinkston and James Thrash as starting WRs.

can't forget about that bum Mike McMahon.
mad.gif

drafting Kolb has to be a net win.....

Dolphins:

Drafting Ted Ginn
Signing Culpepper over Brees
The lack of EVER making a risky move. (Yet the Pats and Jets do it all the time, and they are on top of the division)
Jeff Ireland

Originally Posted by finnns2003

Originally Posted by toast1985

Dolphins.

Some of our decisions have been down right comical in the past 6 years, Ted Ginn would be at the top of that list, followed by passing on Drew Brees
indifferent.gif

laugh.gif
Passing on a franchise QB for a LT HANDS DOWN takes the cake for worst move. This team, after 4 years under this regime, still doesn't have a QB or a stable O-Line.

I don't know man.  While I agree with you as far as the QB and the line, Long is the best LT in the game.  At least top 3.  I don't think Matt Ryan would have been as sucessfil behind the Fin's O-line as compared to Atlanta.  Just my opinion.

Originally Posted by ChicagoKid23

Ravens

losing Leonard, Bart Scott, Rex Ryan in the same summer hurt
drafts have always been strong, FA signings have always been strong
still say Rex>Harbaugh, cam cameron is not good at all
other than that all i have to say is !@#$ Pittsburgh
Nicely done. 

Bengals: Not trading Ocho for the boatload of pick the ******** were offering..

Dexter Jackson in the 2nd round 
indifferent.gif

Hiring Jim Bates as defensive coordinator for the beginning of the 2009 season. That dude was HORRIBLE.

Originally Posted by gangsta207therevolution

Raiders Nnamdi getting 13 million. You guys handled him the exact same way you handled Charles Woodson tried to franchise him out his prime, and got burned.
Don't see how the Raiders were 'burned' if they never intended to bring him back.

Originally Posted by Mr DragonFly Jones

Eagles: trading away their first round pick and drafting Kevin Kolb in the 2nd round, when we were fine at QB and had much bigger needs.

oh, and Mark/Mike whatever his name was Simoneau...they were really hyping dude up like he was the next great LB.

oh, and also keeping Reno Mahe around for as long as we did.

also..

Lorenzo Booker

Mike Bell

the entire career of Freddie Mitchell outside of that one big play.

having Todd Pinkston and James Thrash as starting WRs.

can't forget about that bum Mike McMahon.
mad.gif

drafting Kolb has to be a net win.....

drafting kolb was a big win after the trade (still can't believe arizona paid that price, considering there wasn't much of a market left after the draft and all that)

but our biggest mistakes, usually stem from sticking with draft picks that don't work/don't fit for too long instead of cutting bait (like simoneau or more recently gocong).. or we just don't value the position (like linebackers)

luckily we have a crap load of picks every year, so some of those guys have to turn..

but for some odd reason we do some strange things.. for example drafting brandon graham, sure he still has time to become a good player (hell this is only his second season).. but we drafted him with the mindset that he would be able to kick inside to DT on passing downs, which i really don't get because it is not like dude is a big DE (quite the contrary actually)

but we did do mcnabb dirty, not that we didn't try.. it's just those guys didn't work out, for example:

freddie mitchell was a 1st round pick.. maclin was a first round pick

todd pinkston was a 2nd round pick.. desean was a 2nd round pick

we drafted reggie brown with that high 2nd round pick we got from the dolphins

we tried to find diamonds in the rough like james thrash and then kevin curtis

and then their was the TO thing

oh, and we never were able to draft/sign a complimentary back  to go with westbrook so we could have him at his best come playoff time (yes we had buckhalter, but how long was dude ever healthy)

EDIT:
thinking it was a good idea to play/start dimitri patterson at anytime.. and especially against rodgers and the pack

Jets

-Not showing up the entire 1stH-alf of the AFCCG last year, to which they only wound up losing by 5
mad.gif
-Drafting Vernon Gholston.

Dacomeup, only one for the Who Deys?! (I kid)

Not many for Pitt, a few draft ones and playing William Gay are all that come to mind right now

I would say not setting Ben straight earlier but I don't think he would've listened, it took a real scare like he had for him to pull his head from his a--

-Jamaal "Luda" Anderson
30t6p3b.gif

-Not improving the Secondary this past off season.
-On a positive note not cutting Brent Grimes

Originally Posted by Buc Em

indifferent.gif

Hiring Jim Bates as defensive coordinator for the beginning of the 2009 season. That dude was HORRIBLE.

I remember that #^&@* The one from App State right?
mad.gif

Tore Michigan secondary up that "one" day...

Lions
Where do I start?

-Team management not trading Barry Sanders set the team back a decade which was obvious.  Imagine the quality of players/draft picks the Lions could have gotten for Barry who was at his peak. 2053 yards rushing 2 years prior to retirement.  

-0-16 season because management decided on weak 6 to sit Kitna for the season due to some made up back injury and traded their #1 WR Roy Williams to the Cowboys.  

-Matt Millen (why is this douche bag an NFL announcer?  The hell does he know about football?)

-Wasted 1st round drafts of Carlos Rogers(#2) and Mike Williams(#10)

Do I even need to continue? 

COWBOYS

-Drafting felix jones ahead of CJ2k and Mendenhall
-Drafting Anthony spencer instead of lamar woodley (only remember this because they compared the two extensively that year)
-Roy E Williams
-Ken Hamlin,then when we realized that mistake and wanted to fix it made a bigger mistake with Alan Ball..

Not really the teams fault, but Patrick Crayton dropping that wide open pass that would put us ahead and won the game in the playoffs the year we went 13-3 and the Giants beat the pats in the bowl...

Eagles

- not resolving the Terrell Owens situation better, I really think we would have won a ring by now if we kept that team in tact
- never getting a decent big running back to compliment Westbrook, we ran him into the ground and pretty much sent him out to sea
- never acquiring a decent linebacker
- forcing Kevin Kolb down our throats and pushing McNabb out when Kolb was a bum himself

Originally Posted by Caerus

Originally Posted by Buc Em

indifferent.gif

I remember that #^&@* The one from App State right?
mad.gif

Tore Michigan secondary up that "one" day...

And Gruden demanded we pick him over Jamaal Charles based on that "one" day.

Chargers:
Firing Marty
Not firing the ST coach during the first few weeks of last season
Not trading LT a year before he left
Keeping AJ Smith
Keeping Norv

My Team: 49ers

Where do I start?

-Drafting Kentwan Balmer and Chilo Rachal ahead of Desean Jackson
-Singletary and of all people JIMMY RAYE as our offensive coordinator?
-The ownership...JED YORK??? Please give team back to Eddie DeBartolo
-Alex Smith? Why do all of our head coaches have man crushes on Alex Smith...just get rid of him please
-Nate clements contract?
-moving team to santa clara?

Anything related to how the team perfoms is up for debate, im talking Coaching, Player personel etc.
My team: Chicago Bears

Coaching Lovie Smith is the head coach of the Chicago Bears, and at this point its laughable. Look I realise its not the in thing t do to call for his head, but his other coaching decisions have been hot garbage. I dont have a problem with Mike Tice and Rod Mirinelli being on staff, I have an issue with Mike Martz being on staff. It would have been dumb to fire him, but it was dumb to hire him in the first place. Not to mention that cover 2 is outdated

Player Personel: I dont have an issue with the Cutler trade, the Hester transition to WR or anything like that. I have an issue with how rounds 3-7 have been used the last 5 years, simply put nothing has come of those picks.

Other: Its a shame that Soldier Field hasnt been field turfed. Grass is better, and well kept grass is the best, but there are 2 well kept lots of grass in the entire city and its Wrigley and US Cellular fields. Everyone else has major issues with their grass. The Field Turf would max out the team speed which is consistantly displayed on turf and great grass.

Lovie Smith is not the problem Jerry Angleo is the problem JA has completely ignored the O line since he has been here drafting benson when we had Thomas Jones or trading for jay cutler and expecting him to perform at a elite level with a terrible o line and no real number one wide out and he can't draft nfl players and martz was the not the 1ST 2ND OR 3RD option it was a desperate move they wanted tom clements the green bay qb coach.
/rant

Back
Top Bottom