What mistakes has your favorite NFL team made in the past 5 years?

Originally Posted by CJ616

Originally Posted by Mr DragonFly Jones

Eagles: trading away their first round pick and drafting Kevin Kolb in the 2nd round, when we were fine at QB and had much bigger needs.

oh, and Mark/Mike whatever his name was Simoneau...they were really hyping dude up like he was the next great LB.

oh, and also keeping Reno Mahe around for as long as we did.

also..

Lorenzo Booker

Mike Bell

the entire career of Freddie Mitchell outside of that one big play.

having Todd Pinkston and James Thrash as starting WRs.

can't forget about that bum Mike McMahon.
mad.gif
laugh.gif
These mistakes didn't happen in the past 5 years, but I definitely agree
they stung enough for me to still mention.
mad.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Buc Em

Originally Posted by Caerus

Dexter Jackson in the 2nd round 
indifferent.gif

Hiring Jim Bates as defensive coordinator for the beginning of the 2009 season. That dude was HORRIBLE.

I remember that #^&@* The one from App State right?
mad.gif

Tore Michigan secondary up that "one" day...

And Gruden demanded we pick him over Jamaal Charles based on that "one" day.
hey what was the deal with that cat. was he a headcase? what happen to him so fast.

Letting Steve Hutchinson get away
Drafting Kelly Jennings
Trading a 1st for Deion Branch
Hiring Jim Mora for that one pointless year

and if this dude doesnt start to show up in a big way real soon...drafting Aaron Curry so high

Originally Posted by dadecounty11

Dolphins:

Drafting Ted Ginn
Signing Culpepper over Brees
The lack of EVER making a risky move. (Yet the Pats and Jets do it all the time, and they are on top of the division)
Jeff Ireland

30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Cowboys

NOt happy T.O. was "moved"

Cant believe Jerry stayed loyal to Jason Garrett when he didnt and still doesnt deserve the head coaching spot. (his play calllin in the redzone has been atrocious)

Very little pressure (minus DWare) leaving a +indescribable+ secondary to get torched.

What the hell happened to MBIII ? his toe injury was that bad?

Romo cant throw a deep ball AT ALL!

(mainly complaints) but i cant even "fake" my S!!! talkin about how good the Cowboys will be anymore...+Sad+

Cowboys:

1. Hiring Wade Phillips.
2. Not persuing Mike Vick
3. Signing Keith Brooking and staying with him when he clearly sucked
4. Not giving a damn about Safties
5. Not having NFL ready backups when it became evident that we were one of the most injury prone teams over the past half decade.

Originally Posted by Put em up

Originally Posted by Caerus

I remember that #^&@* The one from App State right?
mad.gif

Tore Michigan secondary up that "one" day...

And Gruden demanded we pick him over Jamaal Charles based on that "one" day.
hey what was the deal with that cat. was he a headcase? what happen to him so fast.

We tried him out in the return game and he would take a dive as soon as anyone got close to him. He also couldn't run a single route so the only thing we could really do with him was run reverses.

most of these should go without saying

making jim zorn head coach 
sick.gif

letting go of gregg williams

letting sean taylor get shot (jk. RIP)

signing absolutely horrible free agents (archuletta, fatass haynesworth, among others)

not doing much to strengthen offensive line, letting stephon heyer start like half the season.......

letting antwaan randle el return punts 
alien.gif
 dude would run sideways 20 yards, and only go forward 2.

cant complain TOO much about drafting, though the later rounds usually dont produce many solid players. the debacle drafting of malcolm kelly and devin thomas (thomas before desean jackson i might add) 

no REAL franchise qb since... idk.. brad johnson... jason campbell was never a franchise qb.. i dont have faith in john beck or mr interception aka rex grossman.

i do think we will be better than the cowboys in the nfc east this season, but i have my doubts against the giants and eagles :/ 

Eagles: trading away their first round pick and drafting Kevin Kolb in the 2nd round, when we were fine at QB and had much bigger needs.

oh, and Mark/Mike whatever his name was Simoneau...they were really hyping dude up like he was the next great LB.

also..

Lorenzo Booker

Mike Bell

mad.gif
Agree with everything except Pinkston. Had the alligator arms incident and ruptured achilles not happened, he would have been looked at a lot differently. He was the 4th best receiver in his class next to Burress, Coles and Jackson.

Originally Posted by do work son

im a texans fan, that should say enough
^^^^^^^^^^THAT

and

"Letting Steve Hutchinson get away
Drafting Kelly Jennings
Trading a 1st for Deion Branch
Hiring Jim Mora for that one pointless year

and if this dude doesnt start to show up in a big way real soon...drafting Aaron Curry so high"

But just to add things, for the Texans, not cutting Jacques Reeves & Fred Bennet sooner than we did, not paying Dunta Robinson (though not as much $$$ as ATL),
not resigning Will Demps (dude was a Pro Bowl alternate and we just let him leave), not trading away Amobi Okoye sooner, not ever drafting a massive DT, and I'm sure
I could mention guys we passed over in comparison to the ones we took, but that would take us all the way back to 2002, and I don't need to be any more depressed.

For the Seahawks, Jerramy Stevens and the fact that we've taken good quality safe guys instead of true impact players for so many years.  

Originally Posted by gangsta207therevolution

also..

Lorenzo Booker

Mike Bell

mad.gif

drafting Kolb has to be a net win.....

Yeah it turned out to be a win in the end, but at the time I hated drafting him.

Agree with everything except Pinkston. Had the alligator arms incident and ruptured achilles not happened, he would have been looked at a lot differently. He was the 4th best receiver in his class next to Burress, Coles and Jackson.
Hm..fair enough.

Browns.

having uncleanly medical staff leaving two of r best players to get staff infections and sue the team... (Kellen Winslow, Jurevicious)

not drafting a QB in the first round since tim couch

all of r coaching hires except Romeo Crennel and Mike Holmgren

running a 3-4 scheme

trading Derek Anderson andddd Brady Quinn ensuring that were Colt McCoy or bust

not paying Josh Cribbs whatever he wants

not trading up to get Cam and run the wildcat with cribbs, cam, hillis

being in the same division as Pittsburgh and Baltimore
sick.gif

Back
Top Bottom