What mistakes has your favorite NFL team made in the past 5 years?

Originally Posted by SunDOOBIE

Lions
Where do I start?

-Team management not trading Barry Sanders set the team back a decade which was obvious.  Imagine the quality of players/draft picks the Lions could have gotten for Barry who was at his peak. 2053 yards rushing 2 years prior to retirement.  

-0-16 season because management decided on weak 6 to sit Kitna for the season due to some made up back injury and traded their #1 WR Roy Williams to the Cowboys.  

-Matt Millen (why is this douche bag an NFL announcer?  The hell does he know about football?)

-Wasted 1st round drafts of Carlos Rogers(#2) and Mike Williams(#10)

Do I even need to continue? 

Couple of mistakes...do you understand the multiple personnel errors that the lions made that led up to Barry wanting to retire (mainly firing Wayne Fontz) Secondly, even though the back injury was made up, you do know that Kitna was probably the worst starting qb leading up to his benching that season (remember that packer game when he re-entered the game and threw that pick to Charles Woodson)...and you're really upset about trading that bum Roy to the Cowboys for THREE DRAFT PICKS
laugh.gif
.....Thirdly, the Washington ******** drafted Carlos Rodgers (not the lions) the Mike Williams pick was bad but we had 5 other picks that draft and about 56 over the course of Millen's tenure that didn't amount to anything. Moral of the story, you have a bad memory and worse logic

Well, Lets begin with our draft.

2003 -

Blowing a 2nd Round pick on tony hollings who aint do @@$!
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

2004 -

Draft Jason Babins bum *!% who aint do @@$! till he was off the team
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
i did not want dude at ALL

2005 -

Travis Johnson, Who i did not want at all , Bum *!% FSU dude
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

2006 -

No complaints, it was a good year
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

2007 -

Amobi Okoye
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
everyone amping a dude, hes only 19, blah blah, you dont take DTs in the 1st round, ESP after you took one 2 years earlier
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

i wanted us to DESPERATELY, trade up for Adrian Peterson
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
what also bugs me is we left Revis and Patrick Willis on the board
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
indifferent.gif

2008 -

We traded back , (Which i feel we ALWAYS do, when i again wanted Mendenhall
30t6p3b.gif
im not gonna sit here and say i knew Chris Johnson was gonna be this great back, but damm

2009 -

We got my man Cush
pimp.gif
hopefully he has a come back season after his Soph Slump.

2010 -

We got Reem, who i didnt want
30t6p3b.gif
i wanted us to trade up and maybe grab Berry, Haden or Earl Thomas or take McCourty or Bulaga and then to top it off Reem got lit up all season and may have Carr syndrome
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

2011 -

We got JJ Watt, who i wasnt expecting, i wanted a DB, but hopefully with this switch to 3-4 we can make something work
pimp.gif

49ers

Letting Jed York run the team and drafting Alex Smith and keeping him.
P.S They passed on Brady and Rodger which are die-hard niners fan too. 
mad.gif

Originally Posted by Lightweight Champion

49ers

Signings:
- Signing Darrell Jackson and Antonio Bryant as Alex Smith's primary target.

though Bryant had a 1000yd receiving yr after he left SF, so pretty much Alex Smith was/is the biggest mistake.

Originally Posted by FinallyFamous

Originally Posted by ChicagoKid23

Ravens

losing Leonard, Bart Scott, Rex Ryan in the same summer hurt
drafts have always been strong, FA signings have always been strong
still say Rex>Harbaugh, cam cameron is not good at all
other than that all i have to say is !@#$ Pittsburgh
Nicely done. 

Can't agree more

Cowboys

Letting Jimmy Johnson go.
Replacing Jimmy with Barry Switzer
Passing on Randy Moss in the draft
Drafting Felix instead of Mendenhall
Paying MBIII starter money
Keeping Flozell Adams too long
Thinking Alan Ball belongs anywhere near a football field
Starting Anthony Spencer
Not starting Sean Lee

Why Wade was left out: Wade was just a stop gap until Garrett was ready to become head coach. Garrett was the assistant head coach and hired before Wade. Wade may have been the only head coach that would come coach without being able to pick his own head coach. Jerry is the blame for the Wade Philips debacle.

Why Roy E. was left out: Roy was a midseason trade in which they thought he would be able to put them over the top and contend for a Super Bowl that year. It didn't work out but it was a gamble they took to try and "win now".

Anybody who said Matt Moore was wrong. He was a decent QB. Bad Playcalling from the Offensive coordinator didn't help his case either.

But definitely I would say signing Jake Delhomme to an extension after that horrid Playoff loss
sick.gif

Giving up a 1st round draft pick to get Everette Brown and keeping his small +%% at DE.
And letting Julius Peppers go for nothing :smh

Originally Posted by air max 87

2007 -

Amobi Okoye
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
everyone amping a dude, hes only 19, blah blah, you dont take DTs in the 1st round, ESP after you took one 2 years earlier
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

i wanted us to DESPERATELY, trade up for Adrian Peterson
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
what also bugs me is we left Revis and Patrick Willis on the board
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
indifferent.gif

completely disagree with this statement.. you picked okoye at no. 10

because of what you formerly had to pay top 10 picks under the old CBA you just couldn't pick certain positions without it being a detriment to your team.. see the ******** taking 2 safeties in the top 10, thus making those unproven safeties the highest paid played at their position.. or the 9ers with vernon davis

and with RBs you just dont know and you can easily find RBs outside of the 1st round

Back
Top Bottom