What mistakes has your favorite NFL team made in the past 5 years?

Anything related to how the team perfoms is up for debate, im talking Coaching, Player personel etc.
My team: Chicago Bears

Coaching Lovie Smith is the head coach of the Chicago Bears, and at this point its laughable. Look I realise its not the in thing t do to call for his head, but his other coaching decisions have been hot garbage. I dont have a problem with Mike Tice and Rod Mirinelli being on staff, I have an issue with Mike Martz being on staff. It would have been dumb to fire him, but it was dumb to hire him in the first place. Not to mention that cover 2 is outdated

Player Personel: I dont have an issue with the Cutler trade, the Hester transition to WR or anything like that. I have an issue with how rounds 3-7 have been used the last 5 years, simply put nothing has come of those picks.

Other: Its a shame that Soldier Field hasnt been field turfed. Grass is better, and well kept grass is the best, but there are 2 well kept lots of grass in the entire city and its Wrigley and US Cellular fields. Everyone else has major issues with their grass. The Field Turf would max out the team speed which is consistantly displayed on turf and great grass.

My team: Cowboys.
Mistakes: Everything.

Seriously though, no fix in the secondary is problem my biggest concern. I trust Rob Ryan for our defense but he doesn't have enough talent to work with.

49ers:
Ownership, Drafting, and Alex Smith.  SMFH.  
mad.gif

Since you guys dont want to do it I will.
Texans: No legit #2. Since you drafted him you have been looking for a #2 reciever.
Cowboys: Roy E Williams, set TO off, and no production Not cutting TO was the messed up coaching decision.
Raiders Nnamdi getting 13 million. You guys handled him the exact same way you handled Charles Woodson tried to franchise him out his prime, and got burned.

49ers.

Hiring Mike Singletary as coach. However I'll admit that at the time it did seem like he could turn things around.
Keeping Alex Smith around and not parting ways.
Passing on DeSean Jackson TWICE! and getting Chilo Rachal and Kentwan Balmer instead
30t6p3b.gif

Raiders (
frown.gif
) : Jamarcus 
indifferent.gif

Darrius Heyward-Bey
indifferent.gif

Javon Walker signing
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

At least last year was a bright spot for us and hopefully things get better this year, even though Nnamdi's gone. Hopefully Rolando turns out how I think he will.

Panthers

Mike Vick literally said he could see himself in Carolina jersey. :smh:

but yet they go with Matt Moore.

Originally Posted by Put em up

Panthers

Mike Vick literally said he could see himself in Carolina jersey. :smh:

but yet they go with Matt Moore.

Don't trip Killa Cam will have ya'll straight.
For my team see my sig why WHY WHY!!!

Hiring McDaniels. SMH. WHO GETS RID OF FRANCHISE QB & WR? WHO!?!??!!???!? $%#?!!??! SMH

For the Texans I can tell you no question passing up Darrelle Revis hangs over their front office everyday.

That's probably the biggest.

Eagles: trading away their first round pick and drafting Kevin Kolb in the 2nd round, when we were fine at QB and had much bigger needs.

oh, and Mark/Mike whatever his name was Simoneau...they were really hyping dude up like he was the next great LB.

oh, and also keeping Reno Mahe around for as long as we did.

also..

Lorenzo Booker

Mike Bell

the entire career of Freddie Mitchell outside of that one big play.

having Todd Pinkston and James Thrash as starting WRs.

can't forget about that bum Mike McMahon.
mad.gif

49ers

Signings:
- Nate Clements never playing up to his contract.
- Signing Darrell Jackson as Alex Smith's primary target.
- As Acid pointed out, passing on DeSean Jackson twice. TWICE!
- Restructuring Alex Smith's contact.
- Re-signing Alex Smith.

Coaching:
- Mike Nolan, Mike Nolan, Mike Nolan...
- Singletary, Singletary, Singletary...
- Firing Mike Martz.
- Letting Norv Turner go.
- Letting Mike McCarthy go.

San Francisco is a wreck
grin.gif

Originally Posted by CripwalkinK

My team: Cowboys.
Mistakes: Everything.
THIS.
Hopefully they can get back to football and stop with all the hype and the circus show 
tired.gif

We haven't done anything that deserves all they hype we've had the last 4-5 years...hopefully this year we can start getting our focus back on just playing hard-nose football. Maybe even win a few playoff games in the next couple of years lol 

Ravens

losing Leonard, Bart Scott, Rex Ryan in the same summer hurt
drafts have always been strong, FA signings have always been strong
still say Rex>Harbaugh, cam cameron is not good at all
other than that all i have to say is !@#$ Pittsburgh

Originally Posted by Mr DragonFly Jones

Eagles: trading away their first round pick and drafting Kevin Kolb in the 2nd round, when we were fine at QB and had much bigger needs.

oh, and Mark/Mike whatever his name was Simoneau...they were really hyping dude up like he was the next great LB.

oh, and also keeping Reno Mahe around for as long as we did.

also..

Lorenzo Booker

Mike Bell

the entire career of Freddie Mitchell outside of that one big play.

having Todd Pinkston and James Thrash as starting WRs.

can't forget about that bum Mike McMahon.
mad.gif
laugh.gif
These mistakes didn't happen in the past 5 years, but I definitely agree

Dolphins.

Some of our decisions have been down right comical in the past 6 years, Ted Ginn would be at the top of that list, followed by passing on Drew Brees

Originally Posted by toast1985

Dolphins.

Some of our decisions have been down right comical in the past 6 years, Ted Ginn would be at the top of that list, followed by passing on Drew Brees
indifferent.gif

laugh.gif
Passing on a franchise QB for a LT HANDS DOWN takes the cake for worst move. This team, after 4 years under this regime, still doesn't have a QB or a stable O-Line.

Packers:Not getting rid of Favre sooner
some of picks havent hit. aka Justin Harrell
hard to be critical when you just won the super bowl with lots of young talent.

Back
Top Bottom