What momment does the DMP2 define????

sorry if posted already.. but i was wondering what momments of jordans career do they define,,, in the first DMP the VIs were for his first championship... andthe XIs for his first championship after retirement..

Originally Posted by dunwitjayz

POINTLESS !!!!
grin.gif
. I'd have to agree, i acknowledge nothing about thispack

Don't flame me if im wrong but didnt he score 60 points in the V's so thats why its droppin? Im not sure but thats what i heard.

Not to flame but I would say that a lot of pretty big stuff happened before 1991. I see what your saying tho, thats when the 'chips started coming. I justwouldnt want the uninformed to be mislead.

NBA Defensive Player of the Year, 1988.
NBA Rookie of the Year, 1984-85.
Five-time regular season Most Valuable Player, 1987-88, 1990-91, 1991-92, 1995-96, 1997-98.
Second player to win seven straight scoring titles, 1986-87 to 1992-93
All-Defense first team six straight years, 1988-93. Also 1996-1998.
All-NBA first team seven straight years, 1987-93. Also 1996-1998.
3,041 points in 1986-87 were the third-highest total in NBA history.
Scored a playoff-record 63 points in a 1986 first-round game against Boston
Member of United States gold medal-winning Olympic teams in 1984, 1992.
Scored career-best 69 points against Cleveland, March 28, 1990.

The concept of the pack is him "raging" like a bull before he finally busted out and one his championships. Not really a moment but it's supposedto be around the essence of him gearing up, playing his !*$ off to go all the way. I don't think it should be a DMP.

They're not really DMP's at all. Although you could argue that they kinda represent Jordan at the verge of stepping his game up to championship level(V's came out in 89-90 and then he got his first ring in 90-91). Thus the notion of the "Raging bulls" ready to "bust out of the box"and onto the main stage...

Of course it's merely a ploy by JB to create some hype. Over in Europe where the shoes are being sold separately the label on the boxes just say "AirJordan 5 Retro".

So there.

IMO, people are buggin'on the name for no good reason. Aside from the fact it pales in comparison to the 1st DMP, I don't understand thenegativity/resentment. Afterall, as the saying goes: "what's in a name?"

Even if it's a stretch, the figurative meaning/idea behind the pack, even if only as a device for marketing( hype production ), isn't str8 ******ed.It's as sound as the figurative meanings behind many poems/short stories you could read. Plus, & no diss. to anyone, but? ..they're shoes guys,just shoes. We love'em, to a lot of us they are: "NOT just shoes" ..but even a hardcore sneakerhead should be objective enough to know ..theygo on your feet. Less dudes cares what their boxers are named, & they touch ya'junk. Blah. Just sayin'.

All of us old enuff'to have seen this man become what the mere mention of his name denotes today? Saw him poised for total domination in those Vs.Standing on the precipice in those Vs. The imagery really isn't that far of a stretch. That's probably hard for heads who came AFTER he was gone, orcame in when he was a Wizard, or before it was cooler to "hate" than it was to have an opinion & know it's ONLY an opinion ,to feel. Realtalk. If you SAW the legacy created, you're probably more likely to enjoy the lower #'d Js, IMO, & that's 1 of a few reasons I sweat the VsSTILL, after all these years..

I care about the red suede bleeding/3M cracking, NOT what the label says on the box.
If they were called: Bubbles, I'd still cop. Blah.

A meaningless opinion.

Its the moment Hypebeasts and Resellers cop a lot of packs and flood the market while JB laughs... And after they flood the market and dont make that"profit" they will run back to the store like a raging bull to return it!

The raging bull theme it has is because the 5's were created the season before MJ won his first championship
So MJ was like the bulls ready to get out of their cages during the running of the bulls (pretty lame)
Nothing defining but its not such a big deal

DMP = Cashflow for JB

Put limited on something and make cash.......
Put DMP on a box and make Bank!!!

thats all it is

Originally Posted by xTrill

The raging bull theme it has is because the 5's were created the season before MJ won his first championship
So MJ was like the bulls ready to get out of their cages during the running of the bulls (pretty lame)
Nothing defining but its not such a big deal

he is right (both the idea and it being lame) i think they should've either released 2 VIs (chaos!!!!!!!!!),2 XIVs (most likely wat they would'vedone), or a VI-XIV but i definitely dont think the VIs will be in DMPs b/c they already did that but it is like a half DMP/Old Love New Love

Originally Posted by victoryballer

agold1002 wrote:

DMP = Cashflow for JB

Put limited on something and make cash.......

Put DMP on a box and make Bank!!!

thats all it is

sad but true

these will be gone on RD.....they wont sit on shelves because of the fact they are DMPs....

Back
Top Bottom