What phone should i get? Vol. I broke my Sidekick LX

Originally Posted by eNPHAN

any idea how much it'll be when it drops?

im definitely not trynna spend more than 200 with a 2 year upgrade.....

they say the HTC pro2 is sold out

I’m going to let the numbers do most of the talking here so this will be short and sweet.  When T-Mobile originally launched the TouchPro2, it was understandably met by a large number of detractors who were taken back by the $349.99 price.  T-Mobile seemingly took that lesson to heart and this time is introducing their next Windows Phone powerhouse with a much more agreeable price, $199.99 after rebate.  At the moment, we can’t verify what the exact dollar amount of the rebate is, but I think it’s a safe bet to assume it’s either in the $50 or $100 increment, though we’re hoping for the former.  No contract?  No problem.  That’ll be $449.99.  NO REBATE REQUIRED WITH DATA PLAN!
from Tmonews.com

So $200 after a contract extension and rebate

the nexus one plays streaming video just off rip, or only from a youtube client?

they're trynna wax me 279 for a nexus one, i'm so good on that, bro...

for some reason a new customer can get it for 179 tho...smh.

you can ONLY cop the nexus one off google?

i can't go to a tmobile store?

the mytouch is that awful? lol

Originally Posted by popcornplaya

i see this nexus one, its decent.....its between that and the mytouch 3g, real talk.....

nobody can answer about the streaming video?

The Nexus One can play streaming video. It will also be able to use flash (so you can use the real youtube, play flash games, etc) later this year. The MyTouch is honestly a joke, the N1 is the fastest phone on the market right now.

The HD2 as well, but you'd be waiting a little while. And it has Window Mobile, which is pretty iffy.

Android isn't the fastest growing platform for no reason.

Later this year? No one will remember the N1 later this year new iphone will be out and probablly 20 different new android phones.

damn, yall really convincing me to wait until the 23rd...lol

the nexus one plays streaming video just off rip, or only from a youtube client?

they're trynna wax me 279 for a nexus one, i'm so good on that, bro...

for some reason a new customer can get it for 179 tho...smh.

you can ONLY cop the nexus one off google?

i can't go to a tmobile store?

the mytouch is that awful? lol
Rip. You can play videos from any site with a mobile partition. And later in the year, you'll be able to play any video on the web. (Assuming it uses flash/is mp4.)

If you're not under contract, just say that you'd like to cancel your contract and have your number ported to a new contract. They don't like to do it, but they will.

You can't go to a tmobile store now. And I highly doubt you'll be able to in the future. But you have 15 days after you activate the phone to decide if you want to keep it. Though I highly doubt you'll ever want another phone after the first 5.

The MyTouch isn't awful, but everything it does, the N1 does a whole lot better. And it has the fastest processor in a phone on the market.

Originally Posted by southzeztpdot

i see this nexus one, its decent.....its between that and the mytouch 3g, real talk.....

The Nexus One can play streaming video. It will also be able to use flash (so you can use the real youtube, play flash games, etc) later this year. The MyTouch is honestly a joke, the N1 is the fastest phone on the market right now.

The HD2 as well, but you'd be waiting a little while. And it has Window Mobile, which is pretty iffy.

Later this year? No one will remember the N1 later this year new iphone will be out and probablly 20 different new android phones.
roll.gif
!%#@ apple fanboy. There won't be 20 new android phones. And even if there is, the Nexus One will be the best phone out for a majority of this year, if not all of it.

HD2 will probably be 300+ when it comes out, i'd honest just get the mytouch 3g, especially since your coming from a sidekick lx (no shots).
HD2 & N1 just too expensive

so i need to ask em if i'm currently under contract, then tell them i wanna port it to a new account?

these dudes making me wanna wait till the 24th tho.....especially if the HTC HD2 drops for 200

Originally Posted by southzeztpdot

roll.gif
!%#@ apple fanboy. There won't be 20 new android phones. And even if there is, the Nexus One will be the best phone out for a majority of this year, if not all of it.

There has been at least 10 android phones that have came out since this time last year. There is nothing unique about any of the android phones honestly but that is besides the point. Any android phone you buy right now will be outdated by thanksgiving. At least with an iPhone i can guarantee my phone will be at least the best phone the company makes for a year. But
roll.gif
@ for thinking an android phone is worth it for any regular phone user.

Originally Posted by airforce416

HD2 will probably be 300+ when it comes out, i'd honest just get the mytouch 3g, especially since your coming from a sidekick lx (no shots).
HD2 & N1 just too expensive
no shots taken, honestly, i ain't cared about a phone for about 3 years

but since my *@## broke and the deductable to replace a SIDEKICK LX IS 130....

i figure i should just cop something else...

right now i guess it's between the nexus one (which would be 179 if i can, infact, get them to port my number under a new contract)

and waiting until the 25th, even though i guess it isn't confirmed that the HD2 is going to be 200...

see, now ya'll made my decision EXTRA hard...smh.

if it makes any difference, i mostly use my phone for text/aim/email/web browsing...

and, real talk, the sidekick at least has the best AIM client....

i'm not uber geeked about iphones....ipods and iphones are madd fragile.....i'm good on that...

i got a 30gb ipod for music, don't need my phone for such....

i don't play games on my phone, i'd like to cop something that plays streaming video tho....

you know, for the pron......lol

i may just see if i can port my number and cop a nexus one.....

so i need to ask em if i'm currently under contract, then tell them i wanna port it to a new account?

these dudes making me wanna wait till the 24th tho.....especially if the HTC HD2 drops for 200
I dont know why people are suggesting the Nexus One when there are known issues with Tmo's 3g network.  Last I checked they were still pointing fingers at each other..

HD2 comes with a Youtube client, Manila TV (streaming client built into the UI), or you can download the Skyfire browser and stream videos directly in the browser.  And HTC Sense is a great UI that hides the "ugly" WM OS.

Wait for the HD2 man.  You wont regret it

black berry 9700
nokia n900
nexus one
droid milestone

i am suggesting all high end phones what is your budget?

well, supposedly i'm due for a full upgrade....

i'm pretty sure i'm out of contract, so i can also approach it as a "new customer"

i rock w/ tmobile.....

>200 is my budget.....

i can get a mytouch for 120, a nexus one for 180 (i guess) and someone posted some rumor that the HD2 is gonna be 200 when it drops on the 24th....

i can get a mytouch for 120, a nexus one for 180 (i guess) and someone posted some rumor that the HD2 is gonna be 200 when it drops on the 24th....
moz-screenshot.png
2010-03-01-17.13.52.jpg

damn you solefunk, you gonna make me suffer with this broken *$@ sidekick until the 24th, arent you?

Dont go berry if you browsed the internet a lot on your kick. The browsing experience is garbage on my 9700 and links don't work half the time. You'll have to get used to the cramped keyboard. But besides those two things I'm liking the berry better than my g1. Go to a tmo store and ask to see a working berry and go to the sites you normally browse (nt for example) you maybe lowkey disappointed though.

I say go android.

oh, i'm NEVER ++%%@*! with blackberry, are these phones blackberry?

i've played with like 3 different blackberries, they were ALL trash at EVERYTHING

that's why old people like them so much.....

listen to solephunk....
enphan pm me if you'r in nyc. i have a HD2 working model for display purposes. you can test it out but I wont/cant sell one before the 24th though.

damn you solefunk, you gonna make me suffer with this broken *$@ sidekick until the 24th, arent you?
smile.gif

I just like to help NTers out when I can.  And you can let me know how great it is when you get it
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by blackngold1z

listen to solephunk....
enphan pm me if you'r in nyc. i have a HD2 working model for display purposes. you can test it out but I wont/cant sell one before the 24th though.
unfortunately, i'm not....

is it really worth going a whole month with nothing?

really?

streaming video, highly customizable, customizable ringers? (a streach, i know)

at this point, i feel like imma have to suffer an entire month with broken screen sidekick....

smh

Look if u like to talk for a long period of tyme without bringing a. Chàrger with u all the tyme get a bb bold n1 battery life don't last long g1 battery life don't laSt long sh..... Any htc phone u have to carry a charger with u lol u Won't be soRry with a bb

Back
Top Bottom