What phone should i get? Vol. I broke my Sidekick LX

blackberries are trash, gtfohwtbs  

it's 2010, who TALKS on the phone for more than 5 minutes?

who talks on the phone at length when they aren't at home?

the only person i talk to for more than 5 mins at a time is my girl....

doosta45 wrote: Dont go berry if you browsed the internet a lot on your kick. The browsing experience is garbage on my 9700 and links don't work half the time. You'll have to get used to the cramped keyboard. But besides those two things I'm liking the berry better than my g1. Go to a tmo store and ask to see a working berry and go to the sites you normally browse (nt for example) you maybe lowkey disappointed though. I say go android.

Bolt bRowser will solve the internet problem there buddy I'm texting on niketalk with my bb tour easy with no problem Using bolt and the bold is 20 tymes better

Originally Posted by eNPHAN

Originally Posted by blackngold1z

listen to solephunk....
enphan pm me if you'r in nyc. i have a HD2 working model for display purposes. you can test it out but I wont/cant sell one before the 24th though.
unfortunately, i'm not....

is it really worth going a whole month with nothing?

really?

streaming video, highly customizable, customizable ringers? (a streach, i know)

at this point, i feel like imma have to suffer an entire month with broken screen sidekick....

smh

i think the HD2 can do all of that, especial with cooked roms from xda. the mytouch could probably do the same but it would be slower. really depends on if you how much you really feel like spending.

cooked roms from xda?

expand?

i peeped this video of the hd2....

imma wait

Originally Posted by staystrong

doosta45 wrote: Dont go berry if you browsed the internet a lot on your kick. The browsing experience is garbage on my 9700 and links don't work half the time. You'll have to get used to the cramped keyboard. But besides those two things I'm liking the berry better than my g1. Go to a tmo store and ask to see a working berry and go to the sites you normally browse (nt for example) you maybe lowkey disappointed though. I say go android.

Bolt bRowser will solve the internet problem there buddy I'm texting on niketalk with my bb tour easy with no problem Using bolt and the bold is 20 tymes better
im not referring to making replies and what not on niketalk. im referring to how the pages are setup. like i have to zoom in twice to get the page readable, then im scrolling left and right just to read niketalk. ive found a solution of using column view, nut im just so used to the browser on sk/g1 where the page fits into the window automatically without having to zoom in.

there is some stuff the g1 did better than the 9700 and some stuff the 9700 does better than the g1. but ill take the 9700 over the g1 based off battery life alone. i havent charged my phone in 36 hours (im at 25% right now) i could barely got 2 hours without having to throw it on the charger.

but dude already has his mind made up about which phone he is going to get, again, i say go nexus (android)

why go nexus if this HD2 is coming out on the 24th, tho?

i'd prolly cop the nexus one today if the HD2 wasnt coming out at the end of the month

Originally Posted by southzeztpdot

There has been at least 10 android phones that have came out since this time last year. There is nothing unique about any of the android phones honestly but that is besides the point. Any android phone you buy right now will be outdated by thanksgiving. At least with an iPhone i can guarantee my phone will be at least the best phone the company makes for a year. But
roll.gif
@ for thinking an android phone is worth it for any regular phone user.

So because they over saturated the market last year, they're going to double that number? That doesn't make much sense.

There are numerous things unique about the Android OS, but I'll let you blindly follow Steve Jobs because in the end it's pointless to argue with an Apple fanboy. (Best phone evar!!1oneoneone!!!) Just know that if Android wasn't really anything to be worried about, Steve Jobs wouldn't be trying to systematically stop production of them.  As far as technology being outdated, you can guarantee that any phone you buy today will be outdated in half a year, from a technology standpoint. Yes, this includes the iPhone (which was released how long ago, and is already one of the slower "high-end" phones.)

Ignorance is bliss I suppose.

cooked roms from xda?

expand?

imma wait
You should wait on the HD2 since it's identical and fairly cheaper than the N1.

A cooked ROM is a hacked version of a phone's OS. The good people at XDA pretty much do it for fun.

Loading your phone with a hacked ROM will unlock things on the phone that the developers didn't intend to be of use for regular users. This includes things like superpermission, access to root folders, tethering, etc. But if you're not really well-versed in it and are looking towards doing all that you can with your phone, I'd start looking into it. One false move and you can brick your phone.

damn i was about to upgrade from my G1 to the Blackberry 9700, but after the this HD2 talk from this thread and then researching the phone online, i think the HD2 will be copped.

i mean, i'd just want to customize ringers and stream video from places other than youtube....ahem.

none of these %%##@ @#*# with AIM? word?

yeah, chino, i agree, i think imma have to wait it out...

eNPHAN wrote:

blackberries are trash, gtfohwtbs  

it's 2010, who TALKS on the phone for more than 5 minutes?

who talks on the phone at length when they aren't at home?

the only person i talk to for more than 5 mins at a time is my girl....

A lot of business minded people (like myself) talk for that long but when
I had an iphone g1 I use to get frustrated having to through it on the
charger every other hour; bb's can last almost 21/2 days without charge with heavy use nt led the homey the
wrong way lol

cooked roms from xda?

expand?

imma wait
wink.gif

As for ROM cooking and XDA-developers..  Basically, that is a place full of people who customize the phone's OS, UI, etc.. all for your/their/our convenience.  When you get the HD2, you'll have the stock Windows Mobile 6.5 ROM.  It'll come with some basic apps, basic functionality, and maybe a few bugs here and there if you dig deep enough.  What XDA does is takes this stock ROM and adds apps, registry tweaks, graphical tweaks, bug fixes, and all types of bells and whistles as well as base it on the latest builds/versions of Windows Mobile that get leaked (WM 6.5.x and what not).  That process is called ROM Cooking.  You putting that ROM on your phone is done through a process called Flashing.

Do not get to hung up on flashing right now.  First thing you gotta do is get the phone and test it out.  See if it handles everything fine fresh out the box before you consider flashing.

So they have the HD2 for display at T-Mobile stores already?

Don't get a blackberry if you plan on using the browser a lot.

i mean, i'd just want to customize ringers and stream video from places other than youtube....ahem.

none of these %%##@ @#*# with AIM? word?

yeah, chino, i agree, i think imma have to wait it out...
You can download an application that will handle all your IM clients. It doesn't come with it because there isn't a big demand for it from typical users.

You can usually set a ringtone from a song on most phones. If not, there's always something you can download. And you'd definitely be able to stream videos.

and listen to s0leFUNK.

Originally Posted by s0leFUNK

cooked roms from xda?

expand?

imma wait
wink.gif

As for ROM cooking and XDA-developers..  Basically, that is a place full of people who customize the phone's OS, UI, etc.. all for your/their/our convenience.  When you get the HD2, you'll have the stock Windows Mobile 6.5 ROM.  It'll come with some basic apps, basic functionality, and maybe a few bugs here and there if you dig deep enough.  What XDA does is takes this stock ROM and adds apps, registry tweaks, graphical tweaks, bug fixes, and all types of bells and whistles as well as base it on the latest builds/versions of Windows Mobile that get leaked (WM 6.5.x and what not).  That process is called ROM Cooking.  You putting that ROM on your phone is done through a process called Flashing.

Do not get to hung up on flashing right now.  First thing you gotta do is get the phone and test it out.  See if it handles everything fine fresh out the box before you consider flashing.
pimp.gif

If you are really interested in the HD2, Nexus One, or MyTouch hit up the HTC thread
If you really want something on par with a sk go with the MyTouch.
The other two phones both have 1GHz and nice screens which is great for browsing the web. They both have various aim apps and they have youtube apps. Flash will be out on android soon im not sure if the beta is out yet. For WM phones you can get the Skyfire browser that has flash and I think Opera is working on it too. You can also run android on WM, pretty fully run it(data and etc).

yeah, im waiting for the HD2, i'm just salty imma be $##*%+ for the entire month of march........

smh.

hitting up facebook to find a bum loaner-type tmobile phone until then...

im semi-familiar with flashing/modding phones

it's just, if it does everything i need without it, i won't need to gander in that direction

yeah, i'm gonna wait.....

if this phone isn't 200, imma get yall banned....lol

Originally Posted by Mastamind89

Originally Posted by s0leFUNK

cooked roms from xda?

expand?

imma wait
wink.gif

pimp.gif

If you are really interested in the HD2, Nexus One, or MyTouch hit up the HTC thread
If you really want something on par with a sk go with the MyTouch.
The other two phones both have 1GHz and nice screens which is great for browsing the web. They both have various aim apps and they have youtube apps. Flash will be out on android soon im not sure if the beta is out yet. For WM phones you can get the Skyfire browser that has flash and I think Opera is working on it too. You can also run android on WM, pretty fully run it(data and etc).
It technically is, Desire ROM.
nerd.gif
Still in Alpha though.

yea I'm gonna cop that HD2 as well. Is the HD2 better than that Nexus phone, though?

Back
Top Bottom